Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TS Ron

Interesting Facts About Cats

Recommended Posts

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

On average a cats sleeps 2 thirds of every day that means a nine year old cat has only been awake for three years of its life

Unlike dogs cats do not have a sweet tooth .Scientist believe this is due to a mutation in a key receptor

When cats chase prey they keep their heads level .Dogs and humans bob their heads up and down

Female cats tend to be right pawed and male cats left pawed. Interestingly while 90% of humans are right handed the remaining 10% of lefties tend to be male

A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cats paw points in the same direction .To get down from a tree ,a cat must back down

Cat can make 100 different sounds. Dogs only make ten different sounds

A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brain that are responsible for emotions.

There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world with approx 40 recognised breeds

While it is commonly thought that the ancient Egyptians were the first to domesticated cats, the oldest known pet cat was recently found in a 9, 5000 year grave on the Mediterranean of Cyprus.

This grave predates early Egyptians art depicting casts by 4000 years or more.

When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would mourn by shaving off their eyebrows. They also had elaborate funerals during which they drank wine and beat their breast.

The cat was embalmed with a sculpted wooden mask and the tiny mummy was placed in the family tomb or pet cemetery with tiny mummies of mice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Wow, that is interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amcintyre    10
amcintyre

"mummies of mice"

mice-mummy-kap-292-69008279-0-1318978931000.jpg.35e4a627ae9d1f960282e03d3f822f7f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×