Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markholly

Need help, I am too over-weight

61 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am new to the sight and I need to lose some weight. I am about 90 Kg and am 16 years old. I just want to know what everyone has to say to help me lose 20 Kg by June. first off, is that a reachable goal?? I have other goals but first can someone answer that one for me??

thanks

If you set your mind to it, any goal is reachable. Are you on a diet or exercise program at the moment. Have you consulted your doctor and discussed what your ideal weight should be?

Look at your own reply to the bride that wants to lose weight. Why do you not follow your own advice?

Hi

I can give you tons of motivation and support and all my friends are thin and gorgeous and can eat what they want. They are all member of the Shapemaximizer, wwwdotwellness-10dotorg the site which gives you complete solution to be fit and perfectly shaped.

Loose Weight

Hi, Why don't you try using some Lecithin tablets. They have many functions - one of which is to assist with the breakdown of fat in the body. My Gran used to give us these tablets when we went to her for the school holidays and then she knew she could feed us 3 and 4 course meals because she knew we wouldn't pick up weight. We used to even loose weight by the time we went home.

PS. This will help with lowering cholesterol, aids memory, fights acne, fights excema etc etc. See listing under Lecithin. Good Luck!

Hey everyone,

I am new to the sight and I need to lose some weight. I am about 90 Kg and am 16 years old. I just want to know what everyone has to say to help me lose 20 Kg by June. first off, is that a reachable goal?? I have other goals but first can someone answer that one for me??

thanks

Ok, the trick to loosing weight fast is...well, not a trick, it really does take hard work and dedication.

Think about it logically. Why would the diet companies actually offer you something that works? Thats like bidorbuy giving away their source code. It aint gonna happen, they give you these tablets / potions which might work for a while, but then drastically fail, making you buy another product from them.

Personally, when I put my mind down to it (Yes, you are 90% done if you put your mind to it) i was eating the correct foods, i was training twice a day and guess what, 15Kg Fat loss in 2 months. Bear in mind that I was training EXTREMELY hard, Cardio in the morning (45 minutes) before work, martial arts (1.5 Hours) OR strength training (60 Minutes) after work.

@ Blueswan

Well done! I know all too well how much hard work and dedication it takes to shed those few extra kg's!

I have undertaken the difficult task at the most "tempting" and stressful time of the year! Changed our eating patterns completely, introduced stacks of vegetables and salads, removed "junk" food, as from last week and so far I'm feeling great. (although we weren't really eating poorly to start with, but we were skipping meals)

Even went back to gym from today and loved the circuit completely! Actually rather aggrevated that the gym is closed on the public holidays - I'll be banging on their door Thursday morning shouting "Let me in"!!!

It's a long road to travel to reach your ultimate goal, but if you take it one step at a time and try to stay positive, you will get there!

My goal - to be the "size" and weight I was when I met my hubby 16 years ago! Small steps... first goal is a third of the total to be "lost"! (and I've given myself 10 weeks to hit the first goal!)

A good tip is also to drink chinese green tea (not the kind that supermarkets sell) but the proper kind that is normally sold in chinese shops. If you cant find any let me know and I will try and list some

Look at your own reply to the bride that wants to lose weight. Why do you not follow your own advice?

Hi Linka

Well spotted. Perhaps MarkHolly forgot about his/her product - he/she was only 13 at the time :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I've read the previous postings and love your replies at the time. I've never had kids so will have to blame the cat :D.

Seriously tho I've always put myself on the back burner, and being a workaholic spend my days on my bottom calculating things and making money for others. But I am working on changing that and am slowly but surely becoming more selfish and stubborn and one of the changes is that my bottom is getting smaller.

Ai, at the end of the day it is lifestyle and we have to change it to change our shapes.

Hard, but do-able. Good luck to all of us - may we all be slim and healthy.:)

One good way of losing weight is to serve up HALF of what you usually would have on your plate. Chew slowly (take about half an hour to eat what is in front of you!) and always eat at a table - never just in front of the TV or lying on the bed. This way you don't have to "cut out" any of the foods you normally eat so won't feel deprived. Walk as much as you can, as fast as you can and you will lose weight. Good luck, Mark Holly!

Oh, almost Forgot, You need to avoid 6 Things that make you put on weight.

1. Bread (You will see a difference in a week if you avoid this alone)

2. Sugar

3. Carbonated Drinks

4. Alcohol

5. Salt

6. Rice

i dont know if i should add number 7.

7. McDonalds :)

not sure if i got the list 100% right but it is close enough :)

If you stop the above, you are well on your way. Also, regarding rice or any carb thing that you are going to eat, try balancing it to make it low GI, For example, Do you know that it is better to Eat a Rice cake WITH Peanut butter than a Rice Cake alone. Reasoning is that the Peanut butter adds protein and balances the rice cake making it easier to digest.

Also avoid eating too much in one sitting as this throws off your blood sugar level and pretty much disrupts your entire day. The sugar level is very important as thats what determines how hungry you are at any given time.

Eating smaller meals more frequently helps level the sugar level and prevents binging (SP).

Eating too much of food spikes the sugar level causing you to be tired and you wouldnt function normally for good few hours after.

Missing a meal causes a drop in sugar level causing you to Binge on your next meal and possibly eat too much

So if you think about it, starving yourself (as in traditional diets) don't work because your body goes into survival mode and stores everything that it could get because it's not sure when the next meal would be, and when you cheat on your diet, thats when the Yoyo effect comes into play because the body is still storing but now getting more to store.

Eating smaller but more meals increases the metabolism as well because the body knows that it is getting food regularly and burns it off quicker

Rather than eating 3 Big meals, eat 6 smaller meals having your last meal at 5pm. :)

NEVER MISS BREAKFAST because this kickstarts your metabolism for the day

DID YOU KNOW:

It is better to do a fatburn exercise like cardio before breakfast in the morning as thats when you will burn the most fat.

Reason you ask:

If you go to the gym first thing in the morning, you have no food in your system, your body is forced to burn fat stores rather than the food in your system. and when you do eat breakfast (Jungle oats maybe?), I promise you that it will be the best tasting breakfast in the world AND it is digested so quickly that you know you have a kickstart to your day.

Personally, I eat every 2 hours be it a small meal or protein shake for the hungry in between main meals hours :)

Mmmm... protein shake! Yummy! (especially the USN vanilla shake!)

But considering the amount of carbs in the shake, I'm not allowed one until January! :(

I've learnt over the years to look out for those carbohydrates! They are sneaky little creeps which love settling on your wobbly bits! LOL! In phase one (3 weeks) I'm only allowed 3g of carbs per day! Read the labels of items and you'll be shocked where the carbs are hiding!

Water, water and more water, followed by natural carbs (veges & salad), with a good serving of protein (especially chicken above steak).

Add in a good dose of exercise and you'll be well on your way. (don't forget the vitamin supplements!)

I'll keep everyone up to date on my progress - first "weigh in" this Friday!

Mmmm... protein shake! Yummy! (especially the USN vanilla shake!)

But considering the amount of carbs in the shake, I'm not allowed one until January! :(

I've learnt over the years to look out for those carbohydrates! They are sneaky little creeps which love settling on your wobbly bits! LOL! In phase one (3 weeks) I'm only allowed 3g of carbs per day! Read the labels of items and you'll be shocked where the carbs are hiding!

Water, water and more water, followed by natural carbs (veges & salad), with a good serving of protein (especially chicken above steak).

Add in a good dose of exercise and you'll be well on your way. (don't forget the vitamin supplements!)

I'll keep everyone up to date on my progress - first "weigh in" this Friday!

Good luck Cali

Carbs only become the enemy when you eat too much of it :)

Carbs must be mixed with protein and yes, a bit of fat is essential es well in a balanced meal.

The USN one is AWESOME! BUT I stick to Muscle Science because the sugar content is surprisingly lower in muscle science products for some reason. I take the Muscle Science Whey Supreme Supplement :)

Whether you're looking to lose weight, gain muscle or even tone up, we provide customised diets to fit your needs. Our diets are designed by top athletes with over 7 years of experience in health, training and nutrition. We guarantee results and provide you with ongoing support for 12 weeks. Simply reply to this ad at deleted with your name, age, weight, and how much you are wanting to change your body and we will contact you back shortly. Our diets are extremely affordable and guarantee results!

Weight loss isn't as simple as "eat less, move more" for a lot of people. If that was the case, everyone would be fit & healthy or as skinny as they wanted.

If someone is really struggling with weight & has been stuck for years or caught in a cycle of yo-yo diets, I think its best to go see a doctor or dietician. A slow metabolism and thyroid problems go undiagnosed in many people. If your hands & feet are always cold, you have mild depression, always been overweight or chubby etc, you might have a thyroid problem and not even know it. Oprah only found out last year, after her many years of weight problems, that she has an underactive thyroid. Prescription medication like Tertroxin, Eltroxin and Cytomel might be needed.

For other people, they might just feel hungry all the time because they have a chemical imbalance. A prescription med like Duromine, No-bese etc might be needed. These are schedule 6 medicines for people with real weight problems.

Whatever you do, just research it properly and do not waste your time, money and energy on herbal things and fad diets and fad products from Clicks and Dischem. If you want to buy something for losing weight, buy from a Doctor because it will always work.

:cool:I have a diet that really, really works, it is used for heart patients who needs to have an opp but is too overweight for surgery as it might risk their health, with this diet you can lose between 7-14kg in 2 weeks, then you leave it and eat normally for a week and then again for 2 weeks, thereafter you should check what you eat otherwise you will pick up very quickly what's been lost, this diet is not nice, in the beginning it's nice but as you progress it's not so nice any more, it involves eating, no medicines or exercise, i am not saying the name as it is my secret, but i know of people who lost tons with this, Mari'

Has anyone noticed that this thread started back in 2007? Hope all the folk who have been following it since then have lost some weight. Me, I also battle so I've got no room to talk! But Janet (my owner) tells me that I've got flesh to be squeezed but as she laughs when she tells me that, I'm not sure that I'm not overweight. (I weigh just on 500 g and she says I am heavy when I sit on her shoulder!) :)

hehehe. lily I cant help it, but i have to ask you. how did you get your birdy overweight?? we have a three year old african grey and although he loves coffee, thats the extent of human food he wants to eat.

Hi Amanda - my main diet is important fruit and vegetable pellets. I walk around the garden and eat whatever I fancy (including rosebuds, which maddens Janet no end!) I also chew on the hosepipes (we've gone through 3 last year. He he he!!) But I also get an odd piece of cracker, a chicken bone with a bit of chicken on it (yes, I am a cannibal!). I love cheese but can't eat quantities of it as I get an upset tummy. I also like a couple of pieces of pasta. Cooked or raw potato is great, too. (Your African Grey will LOVE mashed potato and cheese - try some!) By the way, I am not allowed to drink coffee, tea or alcohol (especially beer and whisky) much as I love all of them. :D

P.S. I am 9 years old!

Hi Amanda - my main diet is important fruit and vegetable pellets. I walk around the garden and eat whatever I fancy (including rosebuds, which maddens Janet no end!) I also chew on the hosepipes (we've gone through 3 last year. He he he!!) But I also get an odd piece of cracker, a chicken bone with a bit of chicken on it (yes, I am a cannibal!). I love cheese but can't eat quantities of it as I get an upset tummy. I also like a couple of pieces of pasta. Cooked or raw potato is great, too. (Your African Grey will LOVE mashed potato and cheese - try some!) By the way, I am not allowed to drink coffee, tea or alcohol (especially beer and whisky) much as I love all of them.

P.S. I am 9 years old!

Enough about the parrot Lily. You wont put a photo on facebook and it keeps me wondering about you

I read your posts then wonder are you fat,slim, grey haired,dyed hair,blond brunette.. I mean just give us a clue.

Enough about the parrot Lily. You wont put a photo on facebook and it keeps me wondering about you

I read your posts then wonder are you fat,slim, grey haired,dyed hair,blond brunette.. I mean just give us a clue.

Hot Blonde Bombshell Ive been told.

Hot Blonde Bombshell Ive been told.

Could be JP's imagination.;)

I'm just "me" - unique, individual and happy. (Sorry, JP, not the "blonde bombshell"! I have to "hide" behind the parrot!) lol

My guess seeing Janet has a sense of humour. Bigish,???? or is it biggish.red hair wears glasses not exactly tall

Definitely not red hair! That was my sister's!! Wear glasses - not too often, fortunately. Biggish? I think so but not everybody does! Am 5ft 1inch! lol