Sign in to follow this  
Vegar

Can the Track and Trace lie ??!

Vegar

I won 2 R1 auctions from a seller.

I paid on the spot and 2 two days later got a positive rating and a tracking number (4th of April).

Five days later I tried to track the parcel and it was not on the system.

I contacted the seller to check if she might have sent the wrong tracking number. She promised to check but I did not hear from her.

On day 9 I asked again since it was still not on the system. She promised she would speak to the postmaster.

On day 10 it appeared on the system as having been accepted in the morning.

On day 12 she swore that she had sent it on the same day as I got the tracking number. She has the slip to prove it but doesn't have a scanner.

I have sent more than 1 thousand packages - ALL of them were sent before I gave the tracking number to the client.

Can the system lie? :shock:[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] PARCEL TRACKING RESULTS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Item Number: PA392396570 was last scanned on: 2012/04/16 at 19:22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Location last scanned: WITSPOS (HUB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Currently has status of: In transit[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [TABLE=class: table, width: 95%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]TRACKING

LINE [/TD]

[TD]TYPE[/TD]

[TD]DATE[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[TD]BRANCH[/TD]

[TD]COMMENTS[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1[/TD]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2012/04/16[/TD]

[TD]19:22[/TD]

[TD]WITSPOS (HUB)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2[/TD]

[TD]Item accepted by branch[/TD]

[TD]2012/04/14[/TD]

[TD]10:58[/TD]

[TD]FOURWAYS NORTH[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [TABLE=class: style1, width: 0]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Miss Jewels

Witspos is major bad news. Had the contents of a parcel removed last week and my client received an empty parcel (they had the decency to leave behind the organza bag). The envelope had been opened and a lot of tracking number bar codes had been placed along the slit.....Not very original I may add. I would not have accepted a parcel like this inside the post office. Unfortunately, the client did not check and only realized this when she got home. Hope you receive your package.

Vegar

That is terrible! It has never happened to any of my parcels - I insure and send them as 'ornament'. I suppose jewelery is vulnerable.

This package was sent from Fourways.

Surely it goes on the system immediately? - the package is insured.

brands online

Hi Vegar,

From our experience, tracking numbers are not loaded on the system immediately depsite what 'some' post office staff claim; the system is NOT real time. The numbers usually appear on the system within 12 - 72 hours though, depending on when and what time the parcel was posted (Fridays, Weekends tend to take upto 72 hours sometimes). This could be because parcels appear on the system only after being scanned in by the home hub or because SAPO might have some sort of rollover update, noone at the post office seems to have any idea. 12 Days does however seem a bit extreme.

Although, we've had some parcels "never" appear on SAPO tracking system, but get delivered to the customers and others never appearing but getting returned to us upto 2 months later.

I would suggest looking through the sellers ratings perhaps. If other buyers experience this problem on a regular basis, chances are problem lies with seller, but it could just be one of those 'unexplained SAPO phenomena'!

Edited by brands online

Vegar

Yes I am aware of the SAPO website being down a lot and stuff not appearing on the system immediately.

Can it be that the seller sent the package on the 4th April but it only appeared on the system 10 days later? It is now 13 days since it supposedly was sent ... it should have arrived in Cape Town at least within a week??

Well, when it finally arrives there will be a dated postmark ... do some post offices keep parcels for 10 days before they stamp date them? Not likely eh?

I am fairly sure the seller lied and I am worried that if I rate her justly she will revenge rate and I will have a mess to sort out.

I have created a buying only account because of stuff like this :sad2:

lilythepink

I wouldn't be too hasty to blame the seller. The PO are not the greatest with efficiency and they could have had the parcel lying around somewhere before they scanned it into the tracking system.

Vegar
I wouldn't be too hasty to blame the seller. The PO are not the greatest with efficiency and they could have had the parcel lying around somewhere before they scanned it into the tracking system.

This is exactly what I am wondering!

I got a tracking number on the 4th but the parcel - which is an INSURED item - was only scanned by the accepting branch 10 days later on the 14th.

When you pay for an insured parcel you get a slip with the tracking number and the printout for the payment also has the tracking number.

Do you leave without a receipt and the post worker decides to hold on to the packet for 10 days ??? me thinks not :blink:

Rather, like me, the seller has a wad of insurance stickers - she packaged, stuck insurance tracking on and sent me the number. Then she promptly forgot about it and blames the post office ... am I totally mad?

Lukeness

It might not even have been the original receiving PO that scanned it. I know of several post offices that are never online on the track and trace system and basically the parcels only get scanned in at their next stop (which shows up as the PO of origin).

kyle2

I have had this a couple of times, at the end of the day if you do, or did receive the parcel intact and OK, it is not worth going through the negative or neutral rating thing or even confronting the seller about the actual postal date, you will either get a bad rating from them or no rating at all. Boils down to whether you are happy with the item itself and is it OK, then pass your rating accordingly. Just my opinion.:unsure:

LuckySilver

Hi Vegar, I also would like to encourage you to try and believe the best of the seller, perhaps there was a mistake on their side but as a seller myself who has posted thousands of items, there truly are unexplainable anomalies sometimes and as others have suggested, try and guage by the seller's ratings if this is a common or not occurance. But I think its best for your peace of mind to take the forum member's advice to give the seller the benefit of the doubt... and the happy end is that your parcel is indeed now in the system and you shall be able to track it till you can collect safely. :bigsmile:

Vegar

I hear what you are saying and from experience, sadly, I know you are right.

However this is a reflection on the rating system and MANY sellers, whose behaviour is detrimental to the reputation of Bidorbuy, get away with it by bullying and revenge rating.

The lesson is that I will only buy from my second account and not from my seller's account.

Vegar
Hi Vegar, I also would like to encourage you to try and believe the best of the seller, perhaps there was a mistake on their side but as a seller myself who has posted thousands of items, there truly are unexplainable anomalies sometimes and as others have suggested, try and guage by the seller's ratings if this is a common or not occurance. But I think its best for your peace of mind to take the forum member's advice to give the seller the benefit of the doubt... and the happy end is that your parcel is indeed now in the system and you shall be able to track it till you can collect safely. :bigsmile:

I posted as a buyer, asking for some practical explanation. Obviously you would not support a buyer with a complaint.

Vintage_Collectables

In my experience, when SAPO tracking says ‘item accepted by branch’ it means exactly that: that is the time and date when the item was posted. It has never in my experience been incorrect.

Since you paid on the spot and the payment came through two days later, the seller should have provided you with quick posting service. Buyers who pay quickly are ideally what sellers want. Sellers need to respond which reasonably prompt shipping. 10 days to ship after payment is terribly slow and I would feel terrible doing that to my buyers.

I think the rating is not only about the item itself but also about the service that one receives. Bear in mind that BoB suggests the following about rating, emphasising the overall experience:

“Please keep in mind that your rating should reflect your overall experience which includes product, delivery and service.”