Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voldermort

Pink Thing......

58 posts in this topic

What is the new pink thing on the left side of my screen & what does it do?

click on it and see what happens ;-)

we just released a "beta" version of a more advanced image upload - this will work across all browsers and allows you to upload multiple images (without having to zip them up) - best experience is with Safari, Chrome or Firefox - there you can also drag & drop the images into the browser window.

click on it and see what happens ;-)

we just released a "beta" version of a more advanced image upload - this will work across all browsers and allows you to upload multiple images (without having to zip them up) - best experience is with Safari, Chrome or Firefox - there you can also drag & drop the images into the browser window.

Yaaay, I just had a look & it is excellent - not sure why but the zip files always leave me bamboozled. Great stuff, thanks.

How do I get the file name into the "File name" box?? I am stupid when it comes to these things.

Voldermort - I couldn't resist opening this thread which you entitled "Pink Thing"! lol Just had to see what it was about!

In future we will call Janet"The pink thing"--Oh!! You are definately not a thing.

Macmuffin please help with my question. I took nearly 900 photographs yesterday and want to bulk load them

It's a Blue Bulls player, just choke it Sam.

I saw it this morning but have not played with it yet.

I am really trying hard to not pull this thread into the gutter ;-)

Anyhow - you will notice that we have given the gallery a fresh lick of paint and also added the new upload functionality to the gallery itself. you will get the best experience using Firefox, Chrome or Safari, since you are able to drag-and-drop files from your file-browser. Most browsers (except IE) will also allow you to add multiple files from the file-dialog popup.

Pls note: That you can only upload up to 10 images - all the other restrictions still apply.

@geewhiz: If your individual images are smaller than 50KB, I suggest to use the bulk-ZIP-file upload. You will save yourself loads of time (and bandwidth) if you optimize your images before upload. (i.e. makes no point to upload a 8 mega-pixel file of 3MBs - we will resample it and it will turn out to be 500px wide). Remember that also with the ZIP file upload we have a file-size limitation, but you should be able to pack about 200-300 images into a zip-file.

I did a test and loaded about 6 pictures using that function and it was perfect. I assume it went to my Gallery although I did not see mention of that on the actual feature. I have been wanting a feature like this on the listing page where we load our pictures before we list an item as this way it goes much quicker.

Very Nice Mac.

I did a test and loaded about 6 pictures using that function and it was perfect. I assume it went to my Gallery although I did not see mention of that on the actual feature. I have been wanting a feature like this on the listing page where we load our pictures before we list an item as this way it goes much quicker.

Very Nice Mac.

it goes into the gallery - you just need to refresh the page once the upload is done. BTW: You will have the same feature in the gallery function (this means you will have it then also on the trade-create)

@geewhiz: If your individual images are smaller than 50KB, I suggest to use the bulk-ZIP-file upload. You will save yourself loads of time (and bandwidth) if you optimize your images before upload. (i.e. makes no point to upload a 8 mega-pixel file of 3MBs - we will resample it and it will turn out to be 500px wide). Remember that also with the ZIP file upload we have a file-size limitation, but you should be able to pack about 200-300 images into a zip-file.

Now that Mac is a perfect example of why GeeWhizz and I don't use the Zip function. Perhaps if you spoke English it would help. :wacko::shock::biggrin:

Now that Mac is a perfect example of why GeeWhizz and I don't use the Zip function. Perhaps if you spoke English it would help. :wacko::shock::biggrin:

I wasn't going to say anything but you did...Poor Bob staff have to deal with a variety of idiots.

A friend did show me how to use the zip file --Step by step--but I could not find the downloaded edited files when I tried so I gave up

Loading 6 at a time would help but .....

Yah!! Just worked out the six "Pink thing"

Edited by geewhizz

GeeWhizz is just Tickled Pink (sorry couldn't resist ... now where is that "cheezy" smiley?)

I don't understand the zip thing either, all I wanted was a feature that allows me to load multiple pictures when I add a description to a listing and this might just be it. Nice and simple is how a listing should be done.

That pink tab is irritating-

Every time i go to my seller page it draws my attention.

I feel like i need to scratch out my high heels and start cross-dressing!!!!!

Mac PLEASE change the colour of the tab.

we will remove it tomorrow - due to the various browsers out there, we wanted to keep the old functionality around at least during launch in case some users run into problems...

I was only joking MAC-about the tab ,not the cross dressing.:biggrin:

I was only joking MAC-about the tab ,not the cross dressing.:biggrin:

I rather remove it before we get any cross-dressing pictures uploaded ;-)

I don't understand the zip thing either

By using Bulkload Images in your selling profile, you can add lots of photos in one go to your "My Images" from the zip file.The only restriction is that all the photos together should not be bigger than 3 mb. When creating a listing you just go to My Images, select the url of the pic(s) you want to put in your listing, paste it in the "insert/edit image" editor and you are done.

How to make a .zip file on Windows PC's

It's a Blue Bulls player, just choke it Sam.

Soon to be known as the "Springbulls".

Soon to be known as the "Springbulls".

I hope the Bokke never dress in pink but with the return of Matfield you never know. It's like a fabric malfunction of note.

By using Bulkload Images in your selling profile, you can add lots of photos in one go to your "My Images" from the zip file.The only restriction is that all the photos together should not be bigger than 3 mb. When creating a listing you just go to My Images, select the url of the pic(s) you want to put in your listing, paste it in the "insert/edit image" editor and you are done.

How to make a .zip file on Windows PC's

I will read it now now when I am fully awake thanks boss.

Yeah how about Fuchsia.

I hope the Bokke never dress in pink but with the return of Matfield you never know. It's like a fabric malfunction of note.

Top of the morning to you squire.

With our gold icon, the noble Kruger, under attack by forces determined to deprive the poor fellow of it`s rightful

gold content, weight and so on we might have to transform to the Green and Pink. (Credit due to those who saw

the inevitable coming.)

I thought I was being over-critical when examining my vast collection of Krugers (population 2) because the poor

bokkies looked decidedly underfed. Rather skraal around the ribs. Turns out I was right. I am also trying to appease

my dear wife who thinks I bought her inferior jewelry from some skelm trader down South. Even Oom Paul looks a

tad miffed.

And Real Madrid lost last night. A severe blow in a home full of Barcelona fans - especially the kids. I force-fed

them with Corn Flakes this morning. Perhaps tonight Chelsea can do me an enormous favour. Like 5 - 0 !

Top of the morning to you too.

Sounds like I wont get any money for my dentures with the gold fillings in them at the doom and gloom you present to me this am. You still lucky to have corn flakes, the only flakes I had were on my pillow this morning and in my bed.