Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cali Craft and Gems

Missing emails

4 posts in this topic

I thought I was just losing the plot, but now I am convinced that it is BoB that is broken and not me!

As I am now in the shop all day I can only get to check my emails and BoB after hours. I have noticed over the past two or three days that there are several "missing" emails - from both my user accounts! (CCG and The Alley Cat)

The most recent example is that of a buy now order that came in at around 15h53 today (according to the order on BoB). Order number 4725261.

For the other "missing" emails, it is either winning notifications (example auction 62541350), when the buyer completes the order, or when a payment is allocated (example order 4688065). I have not noticed if it includes any Q&A, yet!

Please look into this as most evenings now when I catch up with orders I am pretty exhausted and really don't want to miss out on anything from my buyers! (already missed a speed services order this week due to not getting the payment notification)

How is the shop doing, Cali? I know these things take time but with all the good wishes I have sent you, you should be making a packet!

Hope you get sorted out with the BoB problem!

Hi Jan

Shop is still quiet, but word is getting around.

Struisies (as people of Oudtshoorn are apparently known sometimes) are a bunch of closed-minded individuals who think the world of crystals is evil and witchcraft related! Yip - I've had a few people come in the gate to "see" what we have, only to turn around at the first glance towards the crystals and gems! (LOL) The bead side of things is getting a lot of interest though as two of the previous three bead shops in town have closed down and the only one left is not "great" (ie. too expensive for the low quality they stock).

But within the "right" group of people, word is spreading fast and we're getting good comments from people such as the shop has great energy and a good atmosphere...

It seems like a small dorp is more community based than the cities so if you can grab a few "important people's" attention, then you're heading in the right direction. We've joined ODN Tourism so that we can be listed as a "place of interest" in the area, plus there is a Geology group based in George who is including us in their tour itinerary! We are going on the tour of 28 April from De Rust, through Meiringspoort, Swartberg, Prince Albert, etc to discover what gems and minerals are found in the area. Apparently one need just go for a "short walk" in the mountains to find crystals and quartz points / clusters just 'laying there'! Can't wait for the tour!

Suppose word of mouth is going to be the best method of advertising even though we do have an ad in the weekly free paper, but once we can start distributing our pamphlets through Tourism, I'm sure things will improve. (currently finding more and more grey hairs by the hour due to money worries! Don't ask! LOL)

So on a serious note, putting in 18 to 20 hour days between the office and the shop so that I can get more on BoB to sell - I need the bucks! (and the sleep - heading off to bed early tonight - can't stay awake! Night all...)

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Just be patient Cali starting a new business venture is never easy and for most people cash flow or lack of it is always a problem. I have started a few businesses in my time from Engineering to Medical, but fortunately I did not get any grey hairs as I had already turned grey at 41...grey hair runs in my family! Come to think of it one of my sons turns 40 this year and he is not grey as yet...just has a few grey hairs...which is surprising as he is a Maths Teacher....in Australia!

Keep your chin up it will come right...just takes time and perseverance.

I thought I was just losing the plot, but now I am convinced that it is BoB that is broken and not me!

As I am now in the shop all day I can only get to check my emails and BoB after hours. I have noticed over the past two or three days that there are several "missing" emails - from both my user accounts! (CCG and The Alley Cat)

The most recent example is that of a buy now order that came in at around 15h53 today (according to the order on BoB). Order number 4725261.

For the other "missing" emails, it is either winning notifications (example auction 62541350), when the buyer completes the order, or when a payment is allocated (example order 4688065). I have not noticed if it includes any Q&A, yet!

Please look into this as most evenings now when I catch up with orders I am pretty exhausted and really don't want to miss out on anything from my buyers! (already missed a speed services order this week due to not getting the payment notification)

Hi there Janet, I had a quick look through the outbound mails, and we did submit them at the right events - there was only a small delay (2 minutes) on 8th April, but still within acceptable time. Based on this, it does

look that your ISP defers email delivering to you. If this continues to be a problem, please record when the mail arrives in your inbox and forward us the mail-header of one of those messages so that we can get in touch

with your ISP to get some clarity on this.

Order 4725261 - 13 Apr 12 15:53
2012-04-13 15:53:56 (in 1179)>>> RCPT TO: ORCPT=rfc822;XXXX@icon.co.za (checkout)

Bids for Trade - 62541350 - 08 Apr 2012 15:29:34 
2012-04-06 15:31:18 (in 1177)>>> RCPT TO: ORCPT=rfc822;XXXX@icon.co.za (winning notification)

Order 4688065 - 10 Apr 12 10:59 (checkout completed), Payment: 10 Apr 13:54
2012-04-10 10:59:42 (in 1152)>>> RCPT TO: ORCPT=rfc822;XXXX@icon.co.za (checkout)
2012-04-10 13:54:49 (in 1129)>>> RCPT TO: ORCPT=rfc822;XXXX@icon.co.za (payment)