Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Why?.....Oh why?????

wayjen    10
wayjen

We all know we must treat our Buyers with Kid Gloves but how do you stay sane when an international Buyer refuses to pay what you ask with regards shipping fees and wants to pay what THEY feel is right? The other excuse is that they never read the shipping fees before/during/after they bid.

What about a newbie that says they thought the norm was that they could collect and pay at the same time as they are in the same city?

And why do people wait until you file the SNC before they decide to pay which is just more paperwork for everyone or that person who short pays then still has the nerve to ask via sms for the details of the bid so they can pay the extra, I mean you had the details when you short paid the first time so what's wrong now?

I know BoB want us to rate Buyers on how quick the pay only and the Buyer can rate Sellers on the overall experience but putting up with nonsense before a payment is made is part of out overall experience on BoB too.

Grr!!!!!

voldermort    10
voldermort

You forgot one......

why do we go to the bother of sending tracking numbers & telling buyers that most times the post office does not send notification & please to inquire inside their post office if no notification is received - only to have buyers contact us sometimes weeks later saying they still have not received their parcel & what is going on....that one really does make me angry, what actually would they like us to do - fly to wherever they are and go inquire inside the post office for them? :ninja:

wayjen    10
wayjen

My head hurts from worry, I think I need some tea and cookie biscuits.

Yeah Sam, lucky for us I don't think we had one of those for awhile now, touch woody.

voldermort    10
voldermort

well now I had a phone call yesterday morning from a buyer saying they bought an item last Tuesday & it still hadn't arrived :shock: - well what do you know, I posted it on Wednesday but just for fun & being a bit on the sadistic side I purposely made Friday & Monday a holiday just so that the parcel would take longer to arrive........I give up, I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and a giant Tex :cool:

alloway65    10
alloway65
My head hurts from worry, I think I need some tea and cookie biscuits.

Wayne, Try a good Scotch and Nookie.......much more relaxing!!!!!:bigsmile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha will do I hope Scotch is a wee lass from Scotland and she is up for some Nookie.

SouthAfricanPicker    10
SouthAfricanPicker
well now I had a phone call yesterday morning from a buyer saying they bought an item last Tuesday & it still hadn't arrived :shock: - well what do you know, I posted it on Wednesday but just for fun & being a bit on the sadistic side I purposely made Friday & Monday a holiday just so that the parcel would take longer to arrive........I give up, I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and a giant Tex :cool:

I can relate to this, some buyers - Only a mother could love em.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

We gladly dont have these issues as we firmly (but politely) tell the buyers we dont allow collections (and its clearly stated in our terms). Our shipping charges are clearly advertised and are not negotiable. If a buyer doesnt want to pay them, thats their choice and an snc will be filed if the sale isnt completed.

In my opinion if sellers dont advertise shipping charges on each listing they leave themselves open to a negotiation with the buyer.

wayjen    10
wayjen

You cannot negotiate international exchange rates as they change all the time it seems. An international Buyer who assumes that because it's R7.50 to the $ all they have to do is convert it and that's it, well it don't work like that in our world. Some expect the item to magically fly to them via free airways and others do not read that there are charges involved other then the price of the item.

oh, I almost forgot. No matter what shipping/postage details you have on your site, some Buyers don't read that far and they admit to that too.

Edited by wayjen

alloway65    10
alloway65
ha ha ha will do I hope Scotch is a wee lass from Scotland and she is up for some Nookie.

Next time I go to Scotland I will ask her!!!:bigsmile:

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha better yet, I'll send you a World Calling Card and when you see her, tell her to call me.

alloway65    10
alloway65
ha ha ha better yet, I'll send you a World Calling Card and when you see her, tell her to call me.

A deal!!!!:cool:

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

A trend I have picked up lately is that buyer/s do not add shipping fees at checkout but when they pay they include the shipping fees but the shipping fee is R5 or R10 short. Not a train smash once or twice but gets a bit irritating after a while.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Yip, at the end of the day you lose out because the Buyer short pays.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
buyer/s do not add shipping fees at checkout but when they pay they include the shipping fees but the shipping fee is R5 or R10 short. Not a train smash once or twice but gets a bit irritating after a while.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh... (raising hand and wiggling in seat) I know this one!

Buyer completes checkout changing the amount for shipping. Buyer then a) remits payment via PayPal for the amount HE / SHE has determined is owing, or b) sends an email saying shipping is only such-and-such.

IF payment is short, I note, via BoB's system 'partial payment in the amount of xxxx received (thank-you). Balance owing: xxx' and send PayPal request for payment for outstanding amount. If checkout is completed and payment is NOT made via PayPal, 'you can bet just as night follows day' there will be an email in my inbox from Buyer telling me there is an error in shipping costs and to re-figure and send correct total.

Either way, the back-and-forth begins.

I reply to the email referring Buyer to the shipping charge noted under Shipping & Payment tab and and 'jump over' to www.usps.com and 'fill in the blanks' - H x L x W of parcel, weight, from postal code to postal code and hit 'enter'. USPS 'spits out' a cost. Copy/paste to email adding this is actual postage and does not include the cost for materials used for shipping, the cost to drive to / from the Post Office, etc. (like Sellers should have to explain their T&C, including shipping charges). 99% of the time, I am 'spot on'. Other times, I 'draw the short straw' and shipping is more.

Nine times out of ten, there is no further communication OR Buyer has a 'hissy fit' (another email) saying that I have (somehow) 'fixed' the shipping costs. Uh, Buyer is more than welcome to go to www.usps.com and fill in the same boxes with the same info.

There are days when I am hoping 'bald is beautiful'.

Ruthie

qball    10
qball

Ruthie, bald is beautiful! I know!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

G0d only made so many perfect heads! The rest he covered with hair.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Some international people question us regarding postage and the cost of the item. How is it my fault that the item cost R30 to buy and the postage is R200 to ship to an international destination? Would they rather I change the price from R30 to R300, I have no say on postage costs unless they want me to send it for free.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Ruthie, bald is beautiful! I know!!

Darn straight! In fact, some men with 'no crop on top' are positively (uh, let's see, gotta make this 'G-Rated')... YUMMY!

Ruthie

voldermort    10
voldermort
Darn straight! In fact, some men with 'no crop on top' are positively (uh, let's see, gotta make this 'G-Rated')... YUMMY!Ruthie

OOhhh Bruce Willis & Telly Savalas :weeabooface:

Edited by voldermort

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
OOhhh Bruce Willis & Telly Savalas :weeabooface:

DMX.... look at those 'bedroom eyes'! (Can't stand the music, but in movies.....mercy!)

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

It seems qball likes bald women.

Ruthie whenever you agree with someone just say ASSEBLIEF!!, it means I agree in afrikaans our "other mother tongue".

voldermort    10
voldermort

for Ruthie.....DMX.JPG.652f5760e85719bd4e1c91a42f4d755d.JPG

for me.......bruce2.JPG.e3996f8093d4d090736e0760d60e18db.JPG

for me again.....Telly2.JPG.7be4c5b66fc970cbc0384fe4915a2746.JPG

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
for Ruthie.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]3071[/ATTACH]

for me.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]3072[/ATTACH]

for me again.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]3073[/ATTACH]

(Compliments of Wayne) ASSEBLIEF, voldermort.

And sometimes, there aren't words.... just lower lipping dropping to the floor.

dmx-2.jpg.f69635564c4970ebab046f32d6d21661.jpg

Ruthie

wayjen    10
wayjen

ha ha ha ha