Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
selabi

Revenge ratings instead of taking resposibility for ones own lack of action

7 posts in this topic

Maybe you can help i won 2 items from a seller i paid within 10 min of the auction closing the seller rated me as very good then nothing.I waited to hear from the seller about posting info nothing came thru.I mailed the seller asking if and when the item will be posted on Wensday morning no response so i rated neutrual due to not responding a couple of min later the seller changes my postive rating to neutral say

Your rating from artdeco (231 rating3.gif) verifieduser.gif relating to the sale of the item Ethnic (Set of 3 ) Meduim Framed Prints has been updated and is currently a Neutral rating.

artdeco 's comment is

PITY!!! That due to unforseen circumstances medically and easter holidays not able to post until tomorrow Friday 13 April 2012. Barry Artdeco

Is this fair on me as now i am suddenly the bad guy for not being able to smell all of the excuses now used to justify there lack of actions ? all they had to do ws respond with the same story and this could have been avoided my concern now is that the seller out of spite will damage the items and claim that the SAPO did it your thoughts

thanks P>S I did report it to community watch as a revenge rating and asked them to remove it

It has been a week since the auction(s) closed. Perhaps Seller rated initially and then the 'unexpected' happened and he/she was not able to reply to your email inquiries, much less prepare / post your parcel. An emergency is just that....an emergency. Most people do not think beyond the moment when the 'roof caves in' and they must run to the bedside of a loved one, rush a family member to the hospital or....

Add the 3 - 4 day holiday and Seller may simply be 'dog chase tail' trying to get caught up...and who knows, the 'emergency' may not be completely resolved.

Although I do agree that modifying your initial rating may not have been the right thing to do, accusing the Seller of making 'excuses' doesn't make one feel 'warm and fuzzy' either. Perhaps it would be best to take a 'step back', Buyer and Seller, and allow the 'dust to settle'. A 'pinch' of sugar tastes a heck of a lot better than a 'drop' of vinegar. Most 'things' resolve themselves in time.....with just a little patience and understanding.

JMHO

Ruthie

Hi not 1 cent more

thanks for the input much appreciated my concern is a simple mail would have sufficed at no point have my dealing ever been demanding or unreasonable i do understand an emergency but that could have been communicated offline but i note once my neutral rating was read time was found to blame the buyer? i to sold an item closed on Friday and delivered on Saturday to the buyer and an item bought at the same time was posted on the 7Th buy another seller so holidays doesnt work as a reason not to even contact the buyer.

Can you imagen you go into a store buy an item pay for it then nobody in the store wants to even talk to you as to its where abouts but your money was good enought and promplty taken.

It just seems even when a buyer is right he wrong was i supposed to package and post the item myself as well a neutral rating was not required thanks for you input im just letting ideas flow the amount is fortunatly very little so im not going to die because of it

Thanks again

I agree with you Selebi.

The sellers quick response to the neutral rating proves he was near a computer and on-line. In the time it took to respond to the rating he could have shot off a quick mail, apologising for not responding, given his excuse and resolved the issue there and then.

I have to agree with both Ruthie and selabi here. We have all heard and dealt with Buyers and Sellers who have just disappeared off the radar after a bid has been won. The Buyer does not pay at all or does so after they get an SNC filed against them and then start a long song and dance about this and that. Then you get the Seller who after receiving monies from a Buyer, simply disappears with the money or communicates only after BoB are asked to investigate and they give a long song and dance about this and that.

How are we to know which is the truth and which is a lie these days because we hear plenty stories in this line of work and that's why communication is important especially in our line of business.

A revenge rating, I don't know and maybe it is?

Hi All thanks for the input i am glad to say myself and the seller are getting it worked out what im trying to get to is why must a buyer have any other responsibilty other than paying for the item bid on timeously.If you where a buyer in a retail setting who paid for his purchase would you be interested in hear any of the store owners stories as to why he cant give you your item and if he verbal attacked you for asking to present the item wouldnt just leave and spend your money elswhere.

When selling you accept certain responsibilities which might not be priority in your life yet they remain non the less and buyers to accept certain responsibilities when entering into the deal.

My question would be when you have a reliable buyer where does his responsibility end surely it should be once the item is paid i can understand a netural rating for late payment or underpayment but when a buyers settles up within your terms any other rating than good is misleading and to have a seller rate you postive then change that because i buyer had the gall to make inquires as to his item can only be wrong

Thanks again all

I must let you know we are sorted as far as the deal goes the lady is having problems which i feel terrible about and would have proceeded differently if i had known .I think the problem is that on BOB i forget we are a community of buyers and sellers not to be confused by what i expect in the traditional retail enviroment where once you have paid for an item its not your problem .

I do hope everything goes well for the seller and have informed her as such thanks for the input

I must let you know we are sorted as far as the deal goes the lady is having problems which i feel terrible about and would have proceeded differently if i had known .I think the problem is that on BOB i forget we are a community of buyers and sellers not to be confused by what i expect in the traditional retail enviroment where once you have paid for an item its not your problem .

I do hope everything goes well for the seller and have informed her as such thanks for the input

AMEN!! So 'n mond kort jam!