Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Crazy Wednesday - downloading slow

lilythepink

It is quite "painful" trying to look through the items available on today's Crazy Wednesday.

Pages are taking ages to download and trying to place a bid takes over a minute!

meeks

I've had visions of my computer going out the window!!!

voldermort

Not just Crazy Wednesday, everything on BoB is incredibly slow - just spent 15 mins sending 2 messages through BoB system :notrust:

meeks
Not just Crazy Wednesday, everything on BoB is incredibly slow - just spent 15 mins sending 2 messages through BoB system :notrust:

Very slow! After I posted my response to lilythepink's post, I tried to go back to BoB home page,waiting, waiting, went outside to break up cat fight, then rescued a frog that got into the pool, and could not get out, then came back to PC, just in time to see the BoB home page appear.

voldermort
Very slow! After I posted my response to lilythepink's post, I tried to go back to BoB home page,waiting, waiting, went outside to break up cat fight, then rescued a frog that got into the pool, and could not get out, then came back to PC, just in time to see the BoB home page appear.

LOL - it is taking forever to do anything on BoB therefore I have given up & am just reading the news online instead :cool:

JohnBenn

BoB turn the crank much harder.:biggrin:

I can't even post here.When I do I get the "leave the page?" message.

Edited by JohnBenn

meeks
LOL - it is taking forever to do anything on BoB therefore I have given up & am just reading the news online instead :cool:

Seriously????? I am laughing here,from sheer disbelief!! (If I don't laugh, I will surely cry ) It just took me more than 20 minutes to just get the BoB website to OPEN. Had Telkom do tests, not a telkom fault, got hold of my service provider, they tested ,and no fault there?

What could the problem be? All other sites are fine!.

lilythepink

I feel like a burglar trying to "sneak" into my sales pages! And re-listing - well I hope I get to do those before Christmas (next Christmas!)

What's happening Cuan? Why is everything so slow - apart from the forum which seems fine today?

qball

We don't seem to be having the same issues as you are, I have tested with my 3G connection and it is quick. Besides Telkom who are your ISP's? We will run some log checks, but as far as we can see, everything has been fine.

Seeds for Africa

Everything I have been doing on bob throughout the day has been as quick as normal. No issues here.

qball

We have checked the error logs and nothing out of the ordinary, no memory issues etc.

voldermort

well I gave up on the idea earlier this morning of listing anything at all today due to the extreme length of time items were taking to load - as I said up above, it took me 15 mins just to send 2 messages through the BoB system.

Loading pages too was incredibly slow, sometimes just to have the page time out.

Perhaps normal browsing is/was working correctly but listing & actual going into ads was not - not on my side anyway.

lilythepink

It could well be a Hellkom problem but, then, other sites would experience the same problem and I've not had a single problem with any other sites. Are Hellkom targeting BoB today perhaps? It's still very slow downloading BoB's listing pages but I haven't had a problem with the forum.

alloway65

Downloaded with no problems yesterday, but earlier this morning I gave up as downloading was so slooooooow. With other websites had no problem downloading earlier today.

voldermort

This is the 2nd day in a row that I have been unable to do anything on BoB - just as an example I wanted to check my completed snc's as before I file a snc I send standard reminder messages to those owing & I wanted to copy & paste this message, well it took 15 mins for the completed snc page to fully load & another 10 mins for me to send 1 message to a buyer.

I do realise that this may be Telkom related so I asked Jade to try logging on from UCT (who do not use Telkom as their isp) and she too struggled to do anything on BoB.

I must say though that after 5.30pm last night the pc was fine, but throughout yesterday & today nothing can be accomplished.

qball

We have checked things from our side again, and don't see any performance or connection issues on the machines... so I am not sure what is happening your side...

voldermort

This really has me stumped, I asked Wayne as he is also in CT & with Telkom & he said everything is fine on his side.....but whichever pc I go to in the house I have the same problem and as said it is the same from the UCT pc, but again only on BoB? Has BoB just taken an intense dislike to me.......:unsure:

JohnBenn

I'm on 3G and had problems throughout the weekend till yesterday.

At times I could not even get into BoB.....got a blank page.

But all seems to be working fine today.(Just when I wanted to say everything's working fine.This box pops up again.You have to click "post reply" a number of times before you can post and then you loose half of what you typed.)

Picture1.jpg.f40a9e3afba0296dd3e26d891a27b288.jpg

Edited by JohnBenn

voldermort
I'm on 3G and had problems throughout the weekend till yesterday.

At times I could not even get into BoB.....got a blank page.

But all seems to be working fine today.(Just when I wanted to say everything's working fine.This box pops up again.You have to click "post reply" a number of times before you can post and then you loose half of what you typed.)

Haha they have taken a dislike to you too it seems :biggrin: but seriously there is something wrong, just not sure what.

lilythepink

I've been away for the computer all day but have managed to get BoB pages loading fine since I logged on about half an hour ago. We'll see what it's like tomorrow! (I still blame Hellkom!)