Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

And this is why buyers should be Blocked when an snc is pending!!!!

Seeds for Africa

I have made my feelings about the blocking of buyers very clear. I have at least once asked Bob to at least consider automatically blocking a buyer from bidding or buying on a sellers listings if they have an snc currently pending with that seller. I have a case today of a buyer that bought on the 24th of March. After 5 emails with zero response, I sncd the sale today 16 days later, and lo and behold she has won some more auctions. As I am not always in front of my computer I didnt see her bids until she had won a few.

My argument is simple. If a buyer isnt going to pay after 16 days and multiple reminders (with zero replies) why would they pay for new purchases?

Please can bob look into this and comment on this. It would be appreciated.

Thanks

qball

Unfortunately we won't be automating this as it will be open to abuse by sellers (the SNC process is also abused by some sellers).

You can contact the support team to remove the bids, or you can delete the bidder's bids due to previous negative experience with that bidder.

Seeds for Africa

Its pretty sad that all sellers need to suffer because of a few! How do sellers abuse the SNC process?

qball

Here are some examples:

Buyer pays on time and complains about poor service/delivery/communication - seller files SNC

Buyer gets goods and is unhappy about quality, seller files SNC but buyer does not want refund.

Sellers file SNCs to remove justified negative ratings from buyers.

The list can go on...

Not1CentMore

And then there is the Buyer who requests bank info...and it is sent.

No response.

Forwarded as reminder 5-days later.

No response.

SNC is filed Terms Not Met (Payment due 3-days).

Buyer appeals saying Seller has not responded to her request for bank info TWICE (she has copies of email...whoop-de-do, so do I) and please look at her ratings; 16 positive (well, golly, gee whiz, if we are going to 'toss' ratings into the mix....)

And Buyer's appeal is accepted!?!?!?!?!

I really want to deal with her again...why? But may have to as I can't block her.

Am not trying to be contentious. It is just frustrating some times.

Ruthie

qball

Ruthie, please PM me the details, I'll look into it

Seeds for Africa

I have to see the lighter side of this......... the buyer that I referred to in my original post on this thread is ......... wait for it......... a registered debt counsellor! Crikey, cant meet her own obligations but earns a living from telling people how to meet theirs!