Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RISadler

Finally ... a negative rating!

13 posts in this topic

After 1719 positive ratings, I finally received four negatives! :biggrin:

What a weight off my shoulders. Now nobody can do the ol' negative rating blackmail act on me anymore (not that it actually worked). Yeah!

As to the giver ... :sick: ... and so unoriginal in his reply! :razz:

:( - It's very strange how people get upset when they don't want to pay for postage with a tracking number and the item gets lost...

Whenever I've asked for things to be sent without a tracking number, I get a pleasant surprise when they arrive. :cool: Not fair to take it out on the seller.

Negative ratings certainly not warranted. Contact BoB and they'll remove the ratings.

Nah, I'll let it stand ... how else will other sellers know not to send items by ordinary post to this buyer.

Nah, I'll let it stand ... how else will other sellers know not to send items by ordinary post to this buyer.

Make a huge banner to go with your listings......(winking smiley should be here)

No, RISadler. Don't leave it, next time this buyer will think it's okay to give UNFAIR negative ratings!

I absolutely agree with Miems - perhaps you should just send a friendly email to the buyer and remind him that he paid only for ordinary post and not with a tracking number so it shouldn't reflect on you but, rather, on the Post Office? You certainly don't deserve these negatives. If the buyer continues with the negatives then I think you should approach CW - remember that other sellers are unlikely to check your ratings before they sell to this buyer! (I, for one, only look at percentage ratings as a rule except with "newbies" whose ratings I do usually read).

... next time this buyer will think it's okay to give UNFAIR negative ratings!

He already thinks so, hence others will also be receiving negatives for trivial and/or unrelated reasons. :awesome:

What will BoB do, apart from deleting the negatives? Will they give him a firm reprimand and a three weeks' corner standing? If not, then what's the point?

... perhaps you should just send a friendly email to the buyer and remind him that he paid only for ordinary post and not with a tracking number ...

I did so when he enquired about not receiving his items. I also got the impression he was hinting towards either a refund or replacement items.

You certainly don't deserve these negatives.

No, I don't deserve them ... But then again there's a lot of things I have that I didn't deserve. :unsure:

... remember that other sellers are unlikely to check your ratings before they sell to this buyer!

I gave him four neutrals in return ... after all, he did pay.

I, for one, only look at percentage ratings as a rule except with "newbies" whose ratings I do usually read.

I like reading ratings ... guess it's the anthropologist in me.

Edited by RISadler
More thoughts added.

I like reading ratings ... guess it's the anthropologist in me.

I like reading ratings too, very interesting stuff.

:bigsmile:

Hello RISaddler

I agree with your sentiments…but…

Contact BoB!

Keep well and regards

Jacques

OK, who do I call? (Apart from ... G-Gho-ost-BUSTERS! He-he, love that song.)

Phone BidorBuy! (According to the forum rules we are not allowed to give out telephone numbers or email addresses).

At the end of the day its your business and you have the right to say how you will ship it - in your shipping terms. If the buyer isnt happy with that then they have the choice not to buy.

I'd still challenge the rating, there may be a neferious reason for not requesting a tracking number, or just plain stupidity.