Sign in to follow this  
whiterebbit

should a neg go up early if nothing is heard ,to warn others of potential scam?

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Hi,

I bought 2 kruger gold coins,from two sellers without ratings,or very little ratings. I know you are going to blame me for the problem,get what you deserve etc,thanks in advance for that,but I wonder if I should warn others of these sellers(so called)?

First, a seller usually answers your question at some point,and second,they reply if you inform them the cash is now in their account,with thanks of some sort.

I am getting zero from these two,and want to know how long I should wait.They could be doing a string of these and then disappear.Do I NEG them now?ASAP asb.

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

thanks for that lily,link missed an 'n' ,but no matter.lol.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

It is possible that they are away as this is a long weekend.

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Thanks,you are right.I phoned the cell in Joburg, and that seems to be the case.The guy was quite shocked to hear from me,so probably ok I feel.Said he would sort it out tomorrow.But the question remains,how long would you wait if it worries you?WReb

admin    0
admin

Hi whiterebbit,

I have restricted and made a note on the seller's profile, for Order : 4706199, not to be paid out until you receive the item.

Order : 4708111 is from a verified seller, I do have one concern though. The listing was for R0.01, but R14,035.00 was paid, am I missing the listing for the actual item ? bidorbuy is only getting commission on R35.01 ?

1 Oz - RESERVED FOR WHITEREBBIT was sold for R0.01 on 7 Apr at 12:07 by 1OO in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:62193210)

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

Hi,I don't know why the reserved item went up like that.I have not experienced that before.It was for a 1 oz gold KRand at R14000 plus R35 reg.tracking.HTH,

admin    0
admin
Hi,I don't know why the reserved item went up like that.I have not experienced that before.It was for a 1 oz gold KRand at R14000 plus R35 reg.tracking.HTH,

Thank you. No need to rate the other seller yet, as he can not list anymore items :cool:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
thanks for that lily,link missed an 'n' ,but no matter.lol.

Sorry - that's what happens when one is working in the kitchen and in the office and rushing to and fro from both places! Sorry about the typo.

whiterebbit    10
whiterebbit

UPDATE: Some of you may remember my concerns over this newbie.Turns out to be a scam after all.The guy sent me an empty box with bits of tissue paper pretending to have sent Krugerrands to my PO Box. The only thing is ,the weight of the package was slightly heavier than the post office weighed, and that's with nothing inside!! The Krugers of course weigh about 33gms each and there were meant to be four.Never again!Newbies, you can have 'em.I should have known it was dodgy from the start.Lucky for me,BoB has caught the funds in time to stop this fraud happening.Thanks BoB.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Good to hear.

Your alert was just in time, and I assume Mr Gunslinger smelled a rat straight away.