Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Outstanding Ratings

Miss Jewels

I've noticed a tendency whereby buyers do not deem it necessary to rate their sellers. I wonder if they really understand how important these ratings are to us. I've calculated mine and see I have over 1100 ratings from buyers outstanding.

I asked Asha Craft a question earlier and noticed she has more than 3000 outstanding ratings from buyers.

I send out a general mail when the item is posted, also asking the buyer to kindly rate their overall experience. 6 Weeks later I send out another request for ratings. 2% Normally respond....the others just ignore the mails.

:confused:

MiemsJewels
I've noticed a tendency whereby buyers do not deem it necessary to rate their sellers. I wonder if they really understand how important these ratings are to us. I've calculated mine and see I have over 1100 ratings from buyers outstanding.

I asked Asha Craft a question earlier and noticed she has more than 3000 outstanding ratings from buyers.

I send out a general mail when the item is posted, also asking the buyer to kindly rate their overall experience. 6 Weeks later I send out another request for ratings. 2% Normally respond....the others just ignore the mails.

I experienced the same Miss Jewels. I must admit.........Rather no rating than negative or neutral rating!:bigsmile:

Cali Craft and Gems

Yip - just "one of those things you have to live with" unfortunately!

I'm sitting on 3236 ratings outstanding... and I've given up sending reminders.

But have you noticed how quickly a buyer will rate you neutral or negative without contacting you first? The neutrals I've received lately are for the most pathetic reasons - one being that she could not pay for a R90 item via credit card because I have a message on the system stating "for purchases over R150 only" - she said I deserved it! (this after waiting for a month and she only paid after I filed the SNC)

Jongleur
Yip - just "one of those things you have to live with" unfortunately!

I'm sitting on 3236 ratings outstanding... and I've given up sending reminders.

But have you noticed how quickly a buyer will rate you neutral or negative without contacting you first? The neutrals I've received lately are for the most pathetic reasons - one being that she could not pay for a R90 item via credit card because I have a message on the system stating "for purchases over R150 only" - she said I deserved it! (this after waiting for a month and she only paid after I filed the SNC)

Hi Cali

(Off topic but) you have`nt told us how the festival is going.

JohnBenn

Sheesh, and I was worried about my 3 outstanding ratings.(As a new seller they were also really important.I had to beg for them):notrust:

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to bon len - the festival was very disappointing! Been chatting to other shop / stall holders and they all say that there was a tremendous drop in foot traffic and sales - the shop next door to us "only" took in around R7000 between the stall and the physical shop (and we took in peanuts by comparison!). Apparently the "thing" to do is to pack up your entire shop, rent it out and take a small 'cheap' stall. But thank heavens things are starting to look normal again - no battling through traffic, no fighting for parking, no noise! Currently bitterly cold (snowing nearby) and it's been raining for almost two days now... finally silence to fall asleep to! (the music until 2am was getting unbearable!)

Miss Jewels

This is sad news Cali, especially as the newspaper reports that the festival management were "more than happy" with the visitors and that it was a huge success once again. Just goes to show....the truth is heard by the actual sellers.

Cali Craft and Gems

In reply to Miss Jewels:

The SAD truth is that most visitors were complaining about all the costs involved... this was the first time that you had to pay an entrance fee just to access the general area (Rivierbuurt) which contained the food section, playland, the stalls, and all the "stages" for the music shows. One could pay R100 for full access (all week), or R40 per day - over and above the cost of the shows! We decided to go through the gates late one evening after I closed up the shop (after 19h00) and had to pay the full R40 for the "day pass" - this after we said that we only want to view the stalls, only to discover that the stalls closed at 18h00! When I returned to the ticket desk to complain, I was greeted with: "then come again another day - early this time - and pay again!"... R160 for four of us to discover the stalls were closed! (we were not impressed!)

So consider the average family - two adults and two kids at full price is R160 just to get your foot in the door. Then it is an average of R30 per person per playland ride (R20 each for the big wheel), food and drinks (cheapest I saw was R35 for a plain burger), then if you wanted to go to a show, add about another R120 plus per person - and the only decent music we heard was the Parlotones on Tuesday night! (I'd rather not comment on the other "noise" - except to state that who ever was "singing" on 1 April must have been kidding when they burst into song with "Gummi Bears" - I'd be ticked off to pay over R100 just to hear a kiddies song at 22h00!)

This excludes any "spending" money to spend at the stalls or nearby shops! And don't forget the parking cost - first hour free, thereafter R10 per hour (or R80 for the day)! A great deal of people opted to park on the pavements only to be greeted upon their return with parking tickets!

We'd always heard great things about the KKNK, but in all honesty, were very disappointed with the overall quality. The only "good" thing (in a way) was that hubby wanted to go to the ABBA show (the one touring the country) and due to poor sales, we opted not to go. We heard the whole thing from our house and were glad not to have wasted the money to listen to a bunch of ??? giving their best attempt at what most could call singing!

Suppose the only thing that went right was that the entire festival was very well organised (the town is transformed), but I would not waste my time (nor stress levels) on it unless one really loved (!) theatre - apparently some of those shows were good, but not everyone's cup of tea. Lots of "painted art" which did not look too bad (except for the price tags of course)... but here again, only for the specific few.

As for expenses, I've heard from several individuals that if this is the "new" festival way (ie. paying), then they are going to give future festivals the skip. Oh, I failed to mention that if you resided in the Bongulethu or Bridgeton areas you had free access... and if you were of the overly sun-tanned group, then your stall was free? Yip, just another sore point to dig into the sides of those who have to pay, pay and pay! (the cheapest tiny stall for non-tanned individuals in the public "Nigerian" zone was around R4200 for the week, up to R16000 for a bigger stall - and even more if you wanted to be in the "secure Rivierbuurt" zone!)

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems

Jongleur
In reply to bon len - the festival was very disappointing! Been chatting to other shop / stall holders and they all say that there was a tremendous drop in foot traffic and sales - the shop next door to us "only" took in around R7000 between the stall and the physical shop (and we took in peanuts by comparison!). Apparently the "thing" to do is to pack up your entire shop, rent it out and take a small 'cheap' stall. But thank heavens things are starting to look normal again - no battling through traffic, no fighting for parking, no noise! Currently bitterly cold (snowing nearby) and it's been raining for almost two days now... finally silence to fall asleep to! (the music until 2am was getting unbearable!)

Thank you Cali. I have never been to the festival and don`t know what to expect.

Perhaps next year will be more festino-freindly.

lilythepink

Well things aren't very different with the Grahamstown Festival, Cali! People running it are friendlier but, yes, everything costs money unless you are from the rural areas when stalls are free, food is provided free, etc. etc. etc.

kyle2

Ratings thieves!:wacko:

I was moaning the other day about the couple that I had outstanding, sorry to hear about your 1000 plus!

Jongleur

I checked my spam inbox this morning and I have an abusive and threatening email

from a seller who seems cut up about buyers not reciprocating with ratings. I am not

on the lengthy list but it makes one wonder how you would react to something like

this if you were a "guilty" party.

Perhaps BoB can introduce a reward system for buyers who do everything right every time

they buy.

Edited by Jongleur
spelling

MiemsJewels

LOL, bon len, And abusive nogal! You should have kept it in the spam box where it belongs. Tussen die spam! Thats bad mannered man. Maybe he/she needs some lessons on how to treat your customers.

Edited by MiemsJewels

voldermort

I wonder if perhaps ratings are not too over-rated - As a seller I have honestly never once asked a buyer to rate me, I have found that especially with new buyers who may not know they should, the rating reminder that BoB sends usually does the trick and if they still don't rate, that's fine too. I have one regular buyer, being buying from me for over 3 years now & always pays very promptly, always happy with items and yet he has never rated me - some buyers obviously don't feel it is necessary & I think that as the paying customer that is their choice.

But looking through my outstanding ratings it is not the 1000+ outstanding from buyers that worries me but the 20 or so outstanding from sellers that bugs me - my own little quirk I guess but I will not rate a seller until they have rated me as a buyer and it seems there are some sellers who just couldn't be bothered to rate. Not good for business.

Cali Craft and Gems

I recently purchased an item for the shop and the seller went out of his way to get the parcel off to me quickly - this I really appreciated and commented positively in my rating of him. Sadly though that the seller seems to find it "not necessary" to rate me as a buyer!?

Jongleur
I wonder if perhaps ratings are not too over-rated - As a seller I have honestly never once asked a buyer to rate me, I have found that especially with new buyers who may not know they should, the rating reminder that BoB sends usually does the trick and if they still don't rate, that's fine too. I have one regular buyer, being buying from me for over 3 years now & always pays very promptly, always happy with items and yet he has never rated me - some buyers obviously don't feel it is necessary & I think that as the paying customer that is their choice.

But looking through my outstanding ratings it is not the 1000+ outstanding from buyers that worries me but the 20 or so outstanding from sellers that bugs me - my own little quirk I guess but I will not rate a seller until they have rated me as a buyer and it seems there are some sellers who just couldn't be bothered to rate. Not good for business.

Hi Voldermort

Sometimes ratings are the deciding factor when you want to bid.

Last night I watched an artwork`s bids climbing steadily. When I wanted

to bid I went to the sellers ratings and I was shocked to see 2 negative ratings for

high value sales - R15K odd and R7.5K. The reason for the ratings explained it all.

Anyone who wins an auction and is unhappy with what they bought after this

info being available is simply careless.

To me ratings are references; mini affidavits protecting buyer and seller. If after a certain

time a seller / buyer is not rated perhaps BoB should automatically rate you positive.

voldermort
I recently purchased an item for the shop and the seller went out of his way to get the parcel off to me quickly - this I really appreciated and commented positively in my rating of him. Sadly though that the seller seems to find it "not necessary" to rate me as a buyer!?

That's my point - a buyer as the customer has the choice to rate or not (and as said some buyers simply couldn't be bothered to rate, that doesn't mean they do not like your service/item but they see ratings as bn insignificant) but surely a seller, especially if they have a buyer who pays promptly & correctly, should rate their buyer?

voldermort
Hi Voldermort

If after a certain

time a seller / buyer is not rated perhaps BoB should automatically rate you positive.

Yaaay I like that idea......wonder if Cuan will read this thread :cool:

Jongleur
Yaaay I like that idea......wonder if Cuan will read this thread :cool:

I think he will.

All BoB has to do is levy 10% of sales value for each sale and purchase to cover the

costs of additional staff, office complex, furnishings etc in their new "BoB Ratings Division".

Much like VAT. We can call it "BOBVAT".