Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

The parcels speak to me

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I had a really good / fortunate experience at the post office this afternoon. Posting off the items I sold on Crazy Wednesday, I wrapped them up, addressed them and took them to the PO.

The woman assistant took them from me and then told me that they "sounded" like R20 each - and then didn't even bother to weigh them :nuts:. Which, I believe, was less than what it should have cost.

Edited by amcintyre

wayjen    10
wayjen

Lovely, until the Buyers phones BoB and says you overcharged them.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre
Lovely, until the Buyers phones BoB and says you overcharged them.

I have contacted the buyers already, explaining what happened and that, should they make future purchases from me, they could deduct a certain amount off.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
I had a really good / fortunate experience at the post office this afternoon. Posting off the items I sold on Crazy Wednesday, I wrapped them up, addressed them and took them to the PO.

The woman assistant took them from me and then told me that they sounded like R20 each - and then didn't even bother to weigh them :nuts:. Which, I believe, was less than what it should have cost.

Another LAZY post office worker!

Het ook vandag pakkies gaan pos. Net 2 persone agter die toonbank wat kliente help. Dit is ook pension-dag! MAW Dit is alreeds chaos, met 'n paar personeel lede wat handjies gevou agter die toonbank staan en kyk hoe daar gewrk word.

Nou kyk, ek is ook nou al mooi keelvol van al die wag. Toe neem my deligasie vermoe oor! Ek roep die madam wat so handjies gevou staan nader. gee haar my vriendelikste glimlag, en vra haar op my mooiste. "Sal jy asseblief solank my paar pakkies weeg? Dan sal dit vinniger gaan by die kassiere met die skandering van die pakkies." Nogal alles in engels hoor!

Kan jy glo? sy kon dit nie vinnig genoeg vir my doen nie!

Wel, nodeloos om te se, my goedjies is toe tjop tjop klaar!

Dus, nou het ek geleer, ons moet net die personeel wys hoe die werk gedoen moet word. HULP is AL wat hulle nodig het! :nuts:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Another LAZY post office worker!

Het ook vandag pakkies gaan pos. Net 2 persone agter die toonbank wat kliente help. Dit is ook pension-dag! MAW Dit is alreeds chaos, met 'n paar personeel lede wat handjies gevou agter die toonbank staan en kyk hoe daar gewrk word.

Nou kyk, ek is ook nou al mooi keelvol van al die wag. Toe neem my deligasie vermoe oor! Ek roep die madam wat so handjies gevou staan nader. gee haar my vriendelikste glimlag, en vra haar op my mooiste. "Sal jy asseblief solank my paar pakkies weeg? Dan sal dit vinniger gaan by die kassiere met die skandering van die pakkies." Nogal alles in engels hoor!

Kan jy glo? sy kon dit nie vinnig genoeg vir my doen nie!

Wel, nodeloos om te se, my goedjies is toe tjop tjop klaar!

Dus, nou het ek geleer, ons moet net die personeel wys hoe die werk gedoen moet word. HULP is AL wat hulle nodig het! :nuts:

" Alreeds chaos" - HA HA HA. Maar jy is reg. Die feit dat hulle op diens is beteken nie dat daar gewerk word.

Of dat hulle weet wat hulle werk is of hoe dit gedoen word. En nooit wanneer dit gedoen moet word.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Now for the experience I had this week - a wonderful seller on BoB did me a huge favour by making a special trip to the post office to dispatch a speed services parcel on Monday so that I could get the parcel the following morning. Thanks only to the SAPO, and after stacks of phone calls, the parcel only arrived here today - three days LATE!

I have advised the seller to go and throw a tantrum at his post office branch, and I will be doing the same via Hellopeter.

Even though we are almost in the middle of nowhere - speed services parcels coming in or going out are still classified as "overnight" as the major distribution hub is in George. So to experience this delay is totally unacceptable - even regular econoparcels are faster in getting here!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

There is one problem with living in a small place like Grahamstown. The postmaster phones you to tell you the clerk undercharged you and please will you come back and pay the difference. (Fortunately it's only happened once - next time MrA will have a real wobbly as he is "my" dispatch clerk!)

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Oh yes, that happened very recently. I was not amused. Two trips to the PO in one day, what with the price of petrol?

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Oh yes, that happened very recently. I was not amused. Two trips to the PO in one day, what with the price of petrol?

Dispatch clerk?? You wont last with me for long.

My dispatch clerk likes running the errants so if I send him 2 or even 3 times a day he does not mind.

He chats up all the shop assistants young and senior.Things like "How is my girlfriend today?"

Sometimes he is away for an hour posting 2 parcels because he bumped into so and so etc.:sneaky:

Edited by geewhizz

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

MrA should count his blessings, geewhizz. But he also chats up everyone he meets and I never know quite what time to expect him back. But he's helpful in all ways, apart from wrapping parcels and listing things on Bid or Buy.