Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sky_za

No SNC recourse for buyers

8 posts in this topic

Its great that the sellers have recourse to punish errant buyers via SNC but as a buyer I have no way of forcing a seller to give me my item even after sms and email contact with him. This is a crappy system

Sky za that is why communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za is at your service! Nothing crappy about the system! You should just use is correctly! :smile:

Edited by admin
Fixed email address :-)

Well said, Miems. You deserve a Bells!

I take it that this is the item in question sky_za?

As a buyer (only) - I tend to agree that it is frustrating not to be able to have the SNC option. However, since you have been buying on BoB since 2007, you should know that most of the time the system works fairly well. The auction closed on 18 March - something may have gone wrong for the trader (e.g. hospital or something of that nature).

Have you contacted communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or hello@bidorbuy.co.za? You may need to lay a charge with SAPS against the trader.

Edited by MsPlod
that'll teach me NOT to just copy and paste!

The seller had a big loss on the sword. Look what he (the seller) paid for it, and he sky_za won it for only R550. Next think the old explanation...........sorry it was stolen.

Edited by MiemsJewels

The seller had a big loss on the sword. Look what he (the seller) paid for it, and he sky_za won it for only R550. Next think the old explanation...........sorry it was stolen.

A seller who does not complete the deal is guilty of Fraud IMHO. A ban should be given to the seller for not going through with the CONTRACT, which is what the sale in a sense is.

Poor showing from this seller.:thinking:

Please contact the security team at communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, to lodge a complaint, so we can investigate. Please provide as much detail and information as possible. Or you can call Bennet or Bertus on 0861 88 0861.

The SNC process is merely a process that allows sellers to recover fees for unsuccessful sales. Complaints of any kind should always be lodged directly with us.

Thank you.