Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Dallas-Ft, Worth Tornado Damage

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I saw this on our TV news last night. So, so scary! Seems you have more weather challenges than we do, Ruthie? But we have other challenges, e.g. toll roads, Julius Malema, high petrol price (we're paying over R12 a litre now!) - and those are just a few!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Different corners of the flat map, but if it isn't one 'pain', it is another: weather, price of gas/electricity, etc. Our 'price at the pump' keeps going up, up, up (nearing $4.00USD/gallon and inching its way to $5.00USD in some places), grocery costs 'through the roof' (milk at $4.50USD/gallon) and then there is the Person 'playing' President (when he isn't on the golf course/basketball court or having a weekly date night with the Mrs., vacationing here/here, there/there, making 'shady' deals, using 'bullying' tactics, 'inciting' racial / religious conflicts, disrespecting the Supreme Court, 'sneaking' around the 'system' or hiding 'stuff' in bills to get laws passed..... fingers crossed he is voted out of office!

We can't do 'diddly squat' about nature: tornados/hurricanes/earthquakes, etc., but it sure would be nice to have enough bleach to get rid of the 'stink' in politics.

Ruthie

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

I'm going to get a horse like my forefathers.

svw    10
svw
I'm going to get a horse like my forefathers.

Good Idea - dual purpose! You can fertilize your garden at the same time.

Prices are ridiculous though - last week I had the unfortunate luck of blowing the turbo on my car. The garage quoted R27 000 for a new one excluding labour. Exactly the same part directly from the distrubitors R10 600 - Where's the logic?