Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fashion Police

Can I cancel a sale?

9 posts in this topic

Can I cancel a sale if I wish not to deal with a buyer? Let's say the buyer already paid, but due to an unpleasant previous selling experience I don't want to deal with this buyer again - can I cancel the deal and transfer the funds back to them (in a nice way)? Unfortunately I can't block the buyer.

Why did you follow through with the bid originally or was it a bid just before closing time and a quick payment?

It's a 'buy now'.

A new user (again) who purchased a very good quality handbag from me previously. Today out of the blue (as per norm) I received a neutral rating; brilliant service but she's not happy with the product? Even though this was purchased nearly a month ago and I've previously followed up with her on satisfaction etc... she never responded and informed me that she wasn't happy with the product and the reason why. It doesn't make any sense to me; it's 100% authentic the quality is definitely NOT inferior and is exactly as advertised. It's retail price is R899 and sold for R345 (bargain) - the exact same thing you'd purchase in Edgars. So I really don't get why she's not happy with the product. I emailed her to get more info and offered a refund, but didn't get any reply. Yet, at the same time she ordered another handbag from me?? Now after this rating experience, knowing that I sold a good quality product I honestly don't want to sell another good one to her. I'd rather cancel a deal before getting another neutral rating that can't be justified?

Damn, that's the problem with late bids and Buy Now's as you don't have a chance to see who is bidding. it sounds very strange that after the Neutral they still want to bid more. I don't know what the right procedure is to your dilemma but I am sure BoB can help out somewhere and they should watch this transaction too.

Edited by wayjen

Very strange indeed...the order was placed literally like 2 minutes after her rating.

I'm not perfect and this isn't always easy, I realise even though I try my utter best that I can't always please everyone and accept it. But darn, at least give me an opportunity to rectify whatever the problem is before rating me right?

However, I have noticed...it's normally the buyers who purchase something at a very low price or at a very good deal compared to the original retail values, who have most likely never owned such a product or brand before with the highest expectations. Perhaps a pure gold embroided handbag, with pure gold hardware & plating?:huh:

It should be that if you are unhappy you must communicate with the seller.

My opinion (for what it is worth) don't cancel the sale, rather let it through and request that the buyer contacts you before rating if there are any problems - if you cancel the sale (it is a new buyer) they are bound to cause more ripples.

Take the time to let them know - gently - that ratings are important and even suggest that they ask questions before buying.

Rather a neutral than a negative.

I agree with MsPlod. This is the first rating your buyer has given, and she may not realise how important they are in the long run. She does mention that you provided excellent service, so I'm guessing that is why she has purchased again.

Have you checked what she is not happy with? Could be something really silly like the colour being slightly different from the photo.

Good luck.

PS: The store really does look good.

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

Yes, I have emailed her to find out why she's not happy with the product...Also explained to her about the ratings; to please contact the seller prior to the rating should there be any problems. Still waiting for a reply though, hopefully today will be my lucky day ;o)

Yesterday was a "baddie" for me shew

Ai those "baddie" days are a bugger. Only good thing about them is that they remind us to appreciate the "goodie" days. :blink1:

Wishing you a goodie.