Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

The new Gauteng number plate ...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2953[/ATTACH]

And, now, how many false (stolen) number plates will be passing through the e-toll once it opens?

svw    10
svw

You don't happen to have a few to sell on bob ?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Nommer asseblief? Sorry, wrong number!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Brilliant Lil.

Us lot here in the outbacks of the Western Cape don't even know what a toll gate is. We'd most likely turn around thinking it was some type of Gautenger car hijacking scheme. :amazed:

RISadler    10
RISadler

mellowred, didn't we have one somewhere near PE ... which we gave to the Eastern Province as a parting gift?

Although I must say I always pay for the excitement of driving through the Huguenot Tunnel. Whoo-hoo!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Although I must say I always pay for the excitement of driving through the Huguenot Tunnel. Whoo-hoo!

Drove through it yesterday - whoo-cough cough cough! Emerging on the other side is always wonderful...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
mellowred, didn't we have one somewhere near PE ... which we gave to the Eastern Province as a parting gift?

Yes, we Boets and Swaers in the Eastern Cape do have that toll road which takes us to Storms River. And the alternative routes (free ones) through Bloukrans Pass are permanently "closed for repair" so people do not have an alternative route. As always, it's a case of "k*k en betaal"!!

voldermort    10
voldermort

On the subject of roads, does anybody remember the Uniondale ghost - round about this time that she is said to appear. Always wondered how the traffic cop/policeman who gave her a lift is doing.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh yes, the Uniondale ghost lady is apparently still hitching - every now and again I hear about someone who has "met" her!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Oh yes, the Uniondale ghost lady is apparently still hitching - every now and again I hear about someone who has "met" her!

Perhaps we can redeploy Wayne or Admin to go and check things out in Uniondale.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Perhaps we can redeploy Wayne or Admin to go and check things out in Uniondale.

As long as they are singing the correct song whilst roaming the area, and that song would be Blommetjie gedenk aan my.........

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns
Brilliant Lil.

Us lot here in the outbacks of the Western Cape don't even know what a toll gate is. We'd most likely turn around thinking it was some type of Gautenger car hijacking scheme. :amazed:

You got me there, I actually laughed out loud and giggled quite a bit.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Brilliant Lil.

They wont hijack your car but it is a more subtle form of theft. Who knows where all the money goes.

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Lily now thinks I should become a tinker who visits the local scrapyards and buy up all old car registration plates to sell on BoB. What next?

kyle2    10
kyle2

Great news for anyone who is against the etoll madness, I might even start selling these on BoB soon!

THE "OVERHEAD PROTECTOR"

The GhostPlates Overhead Protector plate cover is designed to defeat Speed Cameras,

Photo-radar and photo-laser cameras and the new number plate recognitions cameras

that are mounted high or directly overhead usually on a pole , freeway gantry or bridge overpass.

Using a passive, state-of-the-art light-bending lens, the number plate becomes unreadable when

the "silver ghosting" effect comes into play. Photographs and camera viewing of your vehicle's

number plate becomes impossible from the angles designed into this product*.

The license plate remains completely readable from straight on and ground level side angles.

This cover has become very popular over the last few months of 2010 with many people buying this

cover in NSW and Victoria. This cover is very good at it's job. The "silver ghosting effect" angle

of attack can be altered by tilting the number plate forward or backwards.

58f5a7322d0bf_Platedeflector2.JPG.977f9aad723a3cd4f86d6298ff7b4fa2.JPG

58f5a73227015_Platedeflector.JPG.127ff5018e4bada507dcf4a77dd6bc68.JPG

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Lily you may become wealthy over night with these registration plates I have a quite a few friends residing in Gauteng whom are so angry about the toll gate fees!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I wonder how much extra we will have to cost into any travel plans to, from and around Gauteng? Wonder if the authorities have considered that aspect?

Kyle, "your" number plates' covers will earn someone a fortune! Hope it's you! :whistling:

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Ouch eina!!

THE "OVERHEAD PROTECTOR"

The GhostPlates Overhead Protector plate cover is designed to defeat Speed Cameras,...

This reminds me of an article about a speedster on the Blue Route (M5) in Cape Town some years back, who covered his plates and raced up and down a number of times. The resolution on the photos was good enough for the traffic department to read the licence disc on his windscreen and he got NAILED!! So think carefully about selling these - make sure you aren't liable for anyone's traffic fines LOL!