Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

International Parcel Gone Astray........

Not1CentMore
At this moment we have one Buyer asking about their parcel (tracking number) when we had sent it a month ago to them via BoB. We have another International Buyer who wants to dictate our T & C's and wants the item (small) sent via post without a tracking number. How do you win with Buyers like this?

Wayne...

'And herein lies the rub'. Buyers may 'try' to dictate T&C, but they are a SELLER'S T&C and, IMHO, not up for discussion, debate, modification or change. Buyer agrees, when they bid/win/buy, to those terms and conditions.... or Seller 'folds' to the Buyer's terms and ships without a tracking number and if the item is lost / stolen in transit, then it is Seller's fault: negative rating.

Insofar as the Buyer who was sent the information via BoB, I have had a few of 'those' too. I check on status of parcel and update the message and send again 'suggesting' Buyer follow through their side; "you can lead a horse to water....". I've done all I can; item was posted and tracking number sent. It is the Buyer's responsibility to set down the soda and popcorn, turn off the soap or game show and get themselves up off the sofa and, putting one foot in front of the other, go collect the parcel.

How can a Seller win with these Buyers? We can't. We keep Clairol in business.... if we haven't pulled out every single hair by its roots.

Ruthie

mrmouse

I think it goes as such , scan it out , put it into pocket , scan it out, put it into friends pocket ,scan it out, put it in bin , whos going to miss 3 parcells out of thousands , it wasnt meeeeeeeeeeeee,

Seeds for Africa

We send our bob international orders via registered mail. To date we have had two out of 250 or so go missing. Our other international orders are mailed through regular airmail we have had 4 out of over 1 000 go missing. It makes one wonder if sending via registered mail is actually worth it. Apart from costing the customer more, registered mail also takes longer to get to the recipient and if its small enough normal unregistered items get delivered to the customer without them having to go through the inconvenience of going to their post office to collect.

voldermort

As suspected this item was "lost" in The Netherlands - the person from SAPO that I spoke to even told me they had tried, unsuccessfully, to get Holland to start an investigation & were told in no uncertain terms to get lost, and we thought SAPO was bad?

See email below, can clearly be seen that this item left SA on 25 February.

Good Day

Please see despatching information as request for the registered item to The Netherlands: RJxxxxxxxxxZA

Despatch from: Cape Town

Despatch To: Amsterdam

Despatch Date: 2012-Feb-25

Despatch No: 000x

List No: 00x/xx

Flight No: SA0302/KL0592

Regards

voldermort

So even though SAPO has proof that the item was signed for, loaded on the plane & as the plane did not crash & it is doubtful anybody threw this parcel out the window while the plane was in motion, it did indeed land in Holland.

However buyer on Monday night said he will contact PostNL to do an investigation (please note that investigations can take up to 1 month) & yesterday (less than 24 hours later) contacts me to say they have found nothing & the fault is with SAPO.

Any thoughts on this.......because it seems quite clear to me that PostNL have done no investigation at all, what possible kind of investigation can they possibly have done within a few hours?

Now if I were sitting in Holland I would threaten all kinds of horrible things to PostNL until they did do a thorough & decent investigation - however I am here & it is impossible to contact PostNL, telephone numbers are constantly engaged & emails keep bouncing back.

Quite honestly, give me SAPO to work with any day.