Sign in to follow this  
Bargain Coins

My ratings problem

Bargain Coins

I am a buyer and seller but realized of late i can't block buyers to bid on my items, and to check all bids is too much time. My issue is that i try to give a 100% selling performance to the buyer as well to the seller if i bid or win. when i bid on a item i KNOW i have the funds available in my bank acc. On winning i eft within 24hrs at latest normally the morning after auction closure. Nobody goes to Pick n Pay and take groceries to pay 14days later or even local auctions to settle within 24hours unless arrangements are made.

my listing state clearly, DO NOT BID IF YOU CANNOT PAY WITHIN 48HOURS. Also that i will post your tracking on your order form. certainly a blind man will understand this. if you have no money don't try to buy and the tracking cannot be accidentally deleted, never be sent, no communication etc excuses be used.

This said i communicate with the buyer via message (that the buyer receive on email) on the order form, within 12hrs first to advice that item was won that its packed and ready for shipping, then after 36hrs warning to complete order and payments as auction stipulates 48 hrs, after 48 hrs i again state will file snc and block buyer but also rate the buyer as non paying bidder. mostly by the negative rating stage the buyer pays and settles.

this weekend however one buyer negative (reason: unreasonable to ask for payment within 48hrs) rated me after receiving final warning that i will file snc and relist items, even after email that he still wants to pay and i agreeing to this. I even noted that he placed bids on snap Friday auction. Even now 48hrs later have not completed the order form or payment.(reported this to admin)

the second buyer that paid on the 44hr, after second warning, who i rated positive and shipped the items now changed all his ratings to negative with reason" daar is 24 ure in 'n dag en nie 44 in twee dae nie"

The snc actually gives the buyer a chance to get the funds within 14+ days, i think this must be shortened to 48hrs then a seller can file snc, the buyer to respond within 48hrs with proof of payment and not bidder still plans to pay.

Vinyl Lady Decals

You can appeal the negative ratings as your listings clearly state payment within 48 hours.

It is because of buyers like this that I don't rate at all until either I post the item or just before filingthe SNC as there are many vengeful people out there.

dstorm

Hello all

But why all this about payment within x hours?

Why not let the buyers become your friends?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Bargain Coins
Hello all

But why all this about payment within x hours?

Why not let the buyers become your friends?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Hi Jaques

My experience is that since i stated "within 48hrs" i get 80% less fake bidders bidding on my items and i have no hiccups admin wise. Most true bidders settle matters within 24hrs. no problems with friends and i would not like to owe my friends anything. BOB is a place of trade, buy and sell and pay and deliver. So if you buy, pay for it why be allowed to buy and not pay. Same for selling and shipping, got the money then why wait to send?

Little Miss Muffet

Sending a buyer a warning to pay after 36 hours is a bit rash. Most EFT's if sent from a differant bank can take more than 36hrs.

Not all buyers notify us when payment is made so you would only be assuming the payment has not been done.

I think buyers would get their back up even if they have not yet paid.What is the big rush for payment anyway? We aught to be flexible even when stipulating a time frame.

Pathway

I also ask for payment within 48 hours, but I'm pretty easy about it, specially if the winning buyer has placed the bid a few days earlier - they may be away, or have forgotten. I do send reminders, but must admit I really appreciate it when buyers ASK if they can pay a few days later - then everyone is relaxed and knows what's going on.

Bargain Coins
Sending a buyer a warning to pay after 36 hours is a bit rash. Most EFT's if sent from a differant bank can take more than 36hrs.

Not all buyers notify us when payment is made so you would only be assuming the payment has not been done.

I think buyers would get their back up even if they have not yet paid.What is the big rush for payment anyway? We aught to be flexible even when stipulating a time frame.

Actually it's not a warning but a reminder, and payments is made to BOB EFT these show within hours that payment was made as a buyer can pay from his own bank. the rush is not the payment, as this is kept at BOB until requested, but to ensure speedy and fast delivery of the items you bought. also all of us is flexible, but then the buyer must communicate this and not wait until snc is filed.

kyle2

Getting payment within 48hrs would always be ideal, but seldom happens, I think it unfair to hassle someone before their 7 days are up, then by all means start reminding them, buyers here on BoB are very jumpy and rate negatively for any reason, remember, they are obliged to rate according to their over-all experience with you as a seller, hassling someone for payment is more than likely to get their back up. You've sold 1000's of items on BoB, experience should be your guide here.:hm:

MiemsJewels

I give the buyers 7 days to pay! Only file snc 3-5 weeks later if no payment was made! Then retract a snc as soon as payment is made!

Then I even give them a good rating!

Don't you think it I am so-o-o-o-o-o to good to be true, a seller. LOL:wondering:

If the buyer don't pay, at least we still have the goodies! Not like giving credit to a non payer and your money end up in the sewerage!

MiemsJewels
Getting payment within 48hrs would always be ideal, but seldom happens, I think it unfair to hassle someone before their 7 days are up, then by all means start reminding them, buyers here on BoB are very jumpy and rate negatively for any reason, remember, they are obliged to rate according to their over-all experience with you as a seller, hassling someone for payment is more than likely to get their back up. You've sold 1000's of items on BoB, experience should be your guide here.:hm:

AMEN!! Kyle! Ek stem saam!

lilythepink

My terms are payment within 72 hours but when buyers ask for longer I never refuse! I agree, why put people's backs up unnecessarily? Rather help them to have a happy buying experience on BoB and, only if necessary (i.e. no communication from buyer), file an SNC after 7 days and let things take their course. Some buyers pay BoB eft but forget to put a reference number in and it can take a while to sort out. So long as buyers communicate with me, I am pretty flexible about payment.

Edited by lilythepink

Seeds for Africa

Its important to set terms so everyone knows where they stand but on the same token its important to also be flexible. I have my terms set at 2 days, but in all reality I dont mind if buyers pay within 7 days. if a buyer asks me for extended terms its a simple equation for me - will I sell that item to somone else sooner than the buyer can pay. If not then I am happy to give the buyer the extra terms.

What turns me cold is if I hear nothing from the buyer between the time they order and 7 days. If people communicate we can always make a plan.

Prom

Well said. I try to avoid sellers that state 48 hours and some even 24. Some bank payments can even take more than 2 days. 7 days is a fair time frame for both sellers and buyers. It's not like somebody can just run away with something. Buyers are the ones taking all the risk. I think bob should take back control and not allow this practice any more.

Bargain Coins' negative ratings are well deserved and get no sympathy from me. Besides he still has 99+ positive so just take it and **** up.

Oh and then a lot of times it's these seller that state "items posted within 7 days" or "we only post on Wednesdays."

Edited by Prom

brad112

Agreed, I think a minimum time to receive payments should be 7 days this ties in nicely with Bidorbuys SNC function. On a sale I e mail the buyer thanking them etc, then I wait and if no payment is received after 6 days I e mail the buyer again and remind them to make payment. If I still have not received payment after 7 days I file a SNC.