Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

1947 coin set...

JohnBenn

....in a blue box.Sorry I know nothing of coins(and I want to list it on BoB), can someone give me its catalogue value?So that I can round about know what to list it for.

Thank you.

Jongleur
....in a blue box.Sorry I know nothing of coins(and I want to list it on BoB), can someone give me its catalogue value?So that I can round about know what to list it for.

Thank you.

A set is listed under 1947 coins for R4000.00!

JohnBenn

Thanks.Yes I saw that one,but it's an auction with a R4000 starting bid.I need to know roundabout what they are worth.

4kids
Thanks.Yes I saw that one,but it's an auction with a R4000 starting bid.I need to know roundabout what they are worth.

Unfortunately the cataloque value is to high against what these sets are selling for.

Here is some links to refference to:

Proof Sets - 1947 proof set in SAM box was sold for R2,555.00 on 7 Sep at 19:46 by vanwykjd in Cape Town (ID:44424171)

Proof Sets - 1947 SHORT PROOF SET IN ORIGINAL SAM BOX was sold for R2,500.00 on 18 Sep at 19:02 by superhealth in Cape Town (ID:45494181)

Proof Sets - 1947 PROOF SET ALL COINS NGC GRADED PF was sold for R3,800.00 on 7 Jun at 20:30 by FP1118 in Bloemfontein (ID:13431852)

Regards

Jan

JohnBenn

Thank you Jan.So do you think it would be OK if I list it as a "buy now" at R4000?

JohnBenn

Another factor might be the condition

The 3d isn't in good shape,and has a bit missing

and then the corners of the box.

I need to know what would be a good price as a "buy now"

Thanks

1947a.jpg.f03721611f50df9b71bef24fe4dc511d.jpg

1947b.jpg.eb9bed3aece208e6a0a722b064f44480.jpg

1947c.jpg.bb11c117c2079c4a7330ed684e5b4de0.jpg

MsPlod
Another factor might be the condition

The 3d isn't in good shape,and has a bit missing

and then the corners of the box.

I need to know what would be a good price as a "buy now"

Thanks

That "missing" bit might actually up the value - I could be wrong...

I would list it as an auction for R3,500 - over at least a two week period... But that is just me ;)

JohnBenn

Thank you Msplod I'll try that,see how it goes.

4kids

I am sorry to say that the 3d is a circulated coin "extremely well circulated and damaged" that found its way into the set. Probably because one of the owners lost the original proof of the set. This makes the set incomplete. I would rather suggest putting it on a R 1.00 start auction and let it go to a buyer willing to bid it up.

Regrettably it is a fairly common set and compared to what sold in the recent past perhaps around R 1500.00 to R 2000.00.

Wishing you best of luck

Jan

JohnBenn

OK thank you Jan.

I don't do the R1 auctions.But say if I were to find another unc. 3d,will the set still be considered incomplete?

Thanks.

MsPlod
I am sorry to say that the 3d is a circulated coin "extremely well circulated and damaged" that found its way into the set. Probably because one of the owners lost the original proof of the set. This makes the set incomplete. I would rather suggest putting it on a R 1.00 start auction and let it go to a buyer willing to bid it up.

Regrettably it is a fairly common set and compared to what sold in the recent past perhaps around R 1500.00 to R 2000.00.

Wishing you best of luck

Jan

Whoops - missed that! Shoulda zoomed in on the pic. What about sourcing an uncirculated 3d and popping that in - would that improve the situation?