Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Retracting A SNC

voldermort    10
voldermort

I would just like to know why, once you have given a rating, you are unable to retract it?

I am not referring to just any ratings but specifically to neutral & negative ratings eg: I file a snc, still no payment forthcoming & snc found in my favour therefore I rate negative but then a day or 2 later I do receive payment -

(& yes I know I am able to reverse payment & tell them item is relisted however bearing a grudge takes far too many happy thoughts away)

however my initial negative rating which states along the lines of "no payment received, snc filed & completed" no longer makes any sense & all I can then do is edit the rating. However I am then unable to retract rating completely which is what I would like to do - negative feels too harsh as they have paid, neutral they could very well give me one right back then I need to spend time explaining this is a revenge rating & a positive they are not deserving of as they buggered me around to begin with. Could this not perhaps be looked into?

Thanks

Edited by voldermort

wayjen    10
wayjen

Jeez, have we had plenty of those recently. File SNC and only then do the clients pay. The rating system could do with a revamp methinks.

voldermort    10
voldermort

I understand that BoB would not want either buyers or sellers buggering around with ratings constantly but I really feel that just as you are able to retract a snc so too should you be able to retract a rating on a snc.......by the way, join the club - the last week I have had to file more snc's than I usually do in 3 months - and mostly all to brand new buyers.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I don't know if I am understanding you properly but I have always been able to change neutral or negative ratings to positives. I just type in the new wording which replaces the old.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I don't know if I am understanding you properly but I have always been able to change neutral or negative ratings to positives. I just type in the new wording which replaces the old.

Yes, that is fine however I am referring to initially giving either a neutral or negative rating, receiving payment and then instead of editing the rating (which leaves me no choice but to leave a rating) doing away with the rating completely for reasons as explained above.

qball    10
qball

Please contact one of the customer support guys to do the changes for you. Once the SNC is finalised on our side, we don't allow changes.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Please contact one of the customer support guys to do the changes for you. Once the SNC is finalised on our side, we don't allow changes.

The snc was finalised however I then received payment on the item so I immediately retracted the snc & unblocked the buyer - my point is if I rate a buyer on a snc (which would obviously be a negative) once & if they do pay resulting in me retracting the snc & basically going back to square one, is it not then possible not to edit the rating but to retract the rating completely.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Okay, voldermort. Now I understand you. Sorry - it's a blonde day in our part of the world today!