Sign in to follow this  
whitelightshadow

R1 specials

whitelightshadow    10
whitelightshadow

Hi everybody,

This is my problem: I buy a lot of goods online and have noticed here on bid or buy and elsewhere the following trend. On specials, especially the R1 specials (Bid or Buy) that the goods never arrive and when you inquire about the good the seller is more than willing, almost too willing, to give your money back.

I personally have bought numerous occasions, more than one item from the same seller the same day, normal buy and specials together yet the normal buys arrive in record time and the specials never do. Most if not all of the seller are from far Asia (Hongkong, China etc.) or sellers claiming to order from there directly for the buyer. I now first check the shipping details and if the product is send from there I will not buy any item from these destinations and sellers anymore.

I just want to know if other people have notice this too and what they have done about it?

Thank you

Edited by whitelightshadow

brands online    10
brands online

You can report such matters to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za . Sellers are required to have all items listed in stock. Drop shippers are also supposed to have a proven supply track record. There will be the rare "odd" occassion when an item could be out of stock or the seller had not removed the listing in error, but any item listed for R1, should most assuredly be "in stock" at time of listing as the seller knows the item will more than likely sell. BOB frowns upon these types of transactions and if reported, I'm quite sure they will follow up.

TaLamia    11
TaLamia

I practically refuse to buy from sellers that are outside of the country anymore due to length of delay in postal delivery as well as the unclear customs tax you need to pay for the item when you collect it. I stick to national and when it's inside of the country you'll generally always be getting a tracking number, so if you insist on that then they can't just get away with not providing you with your item won. But then I've had quite a few R1 bids that were leading bids only to have my bid deleted just before the auction ended with their excuse being that they need to re-list the item due to incorrect listing information. Anyone can see straight through it though. Just report them when it happens to you (not much can be done about it but they'll get a warning).

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

BOB must put a button i can push so i dont have to see the international and dropship sellers listings. Its no use to push that South Africa sellers only as all the dropshippers is hidden there. Maybe mark all those names in a colour "red" so we can avoid wasting time.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Or just have a little red dot in front of their names?