honestabe

What does no reserve really mean on BOB?

DENEL

I don't use reserves in my listings, but I recently bid on an item and my bid was accepted and to this date I am shown as "the winning bidder" in the buying tab on BOB.

However, I subsequently went back to the listing and noticed the words right at the bottom of the listing, which deals with bids: "Reserve price not met".

Couple of questions:

1. Does BOB not inform the bidder in advance that a reserve applies to the listing?

2. Once a bid is placed, does the BOB system not alert the bidder that the reserve has not been met by the amount bid (other than in the listing itself)?

I hope one of you with experience with the actual functioning of the BOB system can clarify; thank you!

Little Miss Muffet

If you want to know how a system operates on Bidorbuy you will find it somewhere on Bob's system

You will not get an answer from staff on the forum.Rather phone the help center

Here is your answer but I cannot understand why you were not informed or surely you would not be able to complete the order if the item did not receive the reserve price

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/4222/What_Is_the_Reserve_Price

Darth Penguin

On 7/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, DENEL said:

1. Does BOB not inform the bidder in advance that a reserve applies to the listing?

It works the other way around. Assume there is a reserve unless you see an NR (No Reserve) icon next to the price. You can see examples of NR listings under Crazy Wednesday.

EDIT:

@Little Miss Muffet - I was never here 😛

Little Miss Muffet
1 hour ago, Darth Penguin said:

It works the other way around. Assume there is a reserve unless you see an NR (No Reserve) icon next to the price. You can see examples of NR listings under Crazy Wednesday.

EDIT:

@Little Miss Muffet - I was never here 😛

You said it---I have now divulged way more than I should have, normally we operate in the shadows of these forum posts and should probably continue doing so