Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

I Am Stunned........

voldermort    10
voldermort

Since I started on BoB a few years back I have always used the little Post Office just down the road from us and fortunately have never had any problems - alas though yesterday was their last operating day as the powers that be found it reasonable to close this branch down.:cry:

Today off I go (with a lot of parcels & Jade helping me to carry them) to what is supposedly the main branch in our area, one of the items I had with me for posting was an envelope containing stamps, quite securely wrapped as always with insurance - stickers - everything attached - therefore it stands to reason that all the counter hand had to do was scan this item & the others I had ready for postage, write the receipts and give them to me? Ha!

The first item this person took was the envelope containing the stamps, she then proceeds to write the receipt & then lo & behold (and once again please bear in mind this is an insured parcel) picks up the stapler and was in the process of adding a new sticker to the envelope and stapling it right through the middle of the envelope when I almost leapt over the counter asking her "are you bloody mad, that is an insured parcel - that means I am paying you to prevent it from damages and you are about to go stick holes in it" - her response "then how must I stick the new sticker on it" - as calmly as I could (and I do admit I was not very calm) I told her she has one of two options, she can either use the liquid that is visible on the counter, attach the sticker to her backside & run with the envelope to Johannesburg alternatively she could use the liquid that is visible on the counter, make the sticker sticky and stick it on the envelope as she should have done in the first place.

It was round about this time that Jade magically disappeared from my side.

I do not think she liked me at all because I could feel her sending me very hateful looks while I was walking (stalking) out, however be that as it may my point here is that if you send an item insured - be it nude pictures or a letter from Jan van Riebeeck the operative word here is insured - how can anybody then imagine you want holes punched into your item - and right in front of your face.:disgusted:

I wonder how many times something like this has happened and perhaps the customer is not watching the counter hand,or perhaps is not quick enough to stop the lunacy and item arrives at destination basically worthless.:twisted:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

I wonder how many times something like this has happened and perhaps the customer is not watching the counter hand,or perhaps is not quick enough to stop the lunacy and item arrives at destination basically worthless.:twisted:

Every single hour of every single day?

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Wow, only in SA!:shock:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Every single hour of every single day?

It is nothing short of madness - if I wasn't feeling so laid back at the time I don't know what I may have done :twisted:

mellowred    10
mellowred

Unbelievable! Is this the only post office for you now V?

I had huge problems with the Hermanus post office ... the "manageress" was an idiot. Complained to the regional manager, and the couple of times i was forced to use that PO I saw her very actively managing and also working behind the counter ... so the regional manager must have sorted her out somehow.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I bet the same person was involved in that scandal that broke a few years ago when people were handing out condoms STAPLED TO A LEAFLET.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Unbelievable! Is this the only post office for you now V?

Yes, we had two in our suburb, but now that the one down the road has closed this is the only one nearby - however after seeing today how clued up the staff are at this particular one I am thinking seriously of putting in my ads "postage done 2x week only" & perhaps posting from the varsity area when I take Jade through, or at least looking around along the way until I do find a Post Office with a few competent staff members.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Lol!!!

.... I told her she has one of two options, she can either use the liquid that is visible on the counter, attach the sticker to her backside & run with the envelope to Johannesburg alternatively she could use the liquid that is visible on the counter, make the sticker sticky and stick it on the envelope as she should have done in the first place.

It was round about this time that Jade magically disappeared from my side.

biggestgrin.gif.fdb4d4749573155b988151c6836fb959.gif

laugh3.gif.a44ab7567af69700e9aafd653e682bd4.gif

cheering.gif.796708357a296e5e0ce01d3c2c88cd8b.gif

claps.gif.b3b80029fb1f4cd1efca7347bd98bf33.gif

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2851[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2848[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2849[/ATTACH]

Believe me Samantha can give someone real lick.

Wish I had been a fly on the wall.

Samantha rather enclose your stamps between 2 pieces of cardboard then you wont have to worry abot staples.

dstorm    10
dstorm
looking around along the way until I do find a Post Office with a few competent staff members.

Eternal optimist?...?...?

Pathway    10
Pathway

Eish. Nothing to say but - eish.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Samantha two (or is it more?). Post Office nil! Down with that Post Office whose staff don't play a fair game.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Believe me Samantha can give someone real lick.

Wish I had been a fly on the wall.

Samantha rather enclose your stamps between 2 pieces of cardboard then you wont have to worry abot staples.

Pam even if the stamps had been enclosed between two sheets of metal I would still have felt the same wave of anger for somebody who shows such total disregard for the item I am transferring to their care :disgusted:

voldermort    10
voldermort
Eternal optimist?...?...?

I have no choice....the next Post Office nearest to me would be CT Central, but I have a sneaky suspicion I may not be too welcome there ever since Jade (very grudgingly) & I decided to strike & toyi toyi in their office - mind you they did find my "delivered but really lost" parcel pretty quickly after I loudly & kindly suggested to incoming patrons that it may be worthwhile to use another Post Office as this particular branch was so clued up they managed to change your sex, race & gender at a whim, all without your consent, even providing you with a new ID - I had become Mogammat Allie, a 62 year old gentleman........

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I remember your "exciting adventure" with CT central and Mogammat Allie but I wouldn't be wary of going back there - the PO change staff so often (yes, even here in our little city) that no-one could possibly remember you. And, if they do, you might get the best service available anywhere in SA! :unsure:

Mustlovebooks    10
Mustlovebooks

If you can't find a job, join the South African Post Office.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

Listen to my story...I went to the post office and stood in a long queue... Only one of the workers is helping customers, her colleague is sorting out the money in the till, she removes all the 100's of notes and places them on the counter in front of her for all to view and proceeds to count them. I could so easily have grabbed them all and walked out! I don't think she has ever been told to handle cash in "private" and that it is not a case of showing off ones counting skills for all the world to see.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Listen to my story...I went to the post office and stood in a long queue... Only one of the workers is helping customers, her colleague is sorting out the money in the till, she removes all the 100's of notes and places them on the counter in front of her for all to view and proceeds to count them. I could so easily have grabbed them all and walked out! I don't think she has ever been told to handle cash in "private" and that it is not a case of showing off ones counting skills for all the world to see.

Probably a dummy run for the real thing.

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace
If you can't find a job, join the South African Post Office.

I think they employ (mostly) contract workers!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I think they employ (mostly) contract workers!

When it comes to contract workers they dont have to play by the same rules as the private sector. They can have contract workers for years. If us in the private sector did that we would be accused of exploiting the workers.

honestabe    10
honestabe

Try roggebaai post office ...they not too bad and it is easier to access than cape town central ..I use Roggebaai quite regularlty and have no had any real problems at all .roggebaai is rigth near the entrance to the convention centre .

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Okay, now for another report on the Post Office ...

MrA had a heavy parcel to send off to a BoB buyer in Namibia. Parcel weighed 16 kg. He went in yesterday to find out the cost - R265 and some cents. So he took it down early this morning, only to pay R94 something. He was hardly back home when the postmaster phoned, telling him he needed to go back as the girl at the counter had charged him for a local parcel. Back he traipsed and, yes, the postage came to R262.15. Never mind the accommodating buyer who, when asked yesterday, was prompt to pay in the shortfall on the shipping; was then this morning told we would refund her a substantial balance and has now had to get another email, with a new tracking number, telling her there would be no refund.

I have never come across such inefficiency in all my 5 years on BoB. MrA is now drinking a cup of strong tea and eating some chocolate cake - I think he needs a Bells.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Try roggebaai post office ...they not too bad and it is easier to access than cape town central ..I use Roggebaai quite regularlty and have no had any real problems at all .roggebaai is rigth near the entrance to the convention centre .

Thanks.....I do have to pass the ICC every day so may actually work out to be quite convenient :bigsmile:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

This reminds of something a friend of mine told me. They had an AIDS aware day at one of the mines. So they gave out free condoms, stapled onto a pamphlet! :bigsmile:

svw    10
svw
Probably a dummy run for the real thing.

Probably the same dummy that stapled the free condoms onto the pamphlet !