Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

Made cash deposits......Admin please some advise.

JohnBenn

Good day Admin.

I've bought close to a 100 items (most at low prices) on BoB,but because I don't have internet banking I've made cash deposits.

What I want to know is...is it possible for you to add a "Cash deposit" icon/bar when one checks out an item? Also maybe something that the seller can click after they receive proof of payment,that will reflect on ones account under "payments made".

And should I send you all my proof of payments?

Thank you.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Don't you just pay the seller direct and mail him the slips?

If you bank with FNB, internet banking is free....!!

I'm a noob:nuts:

Edited by ATOMICSQUIRREL

JohnBenn

Yes I do.

No I don't really trust internet banking,that's the problem.

"I'm a noob:nuts:" Ha

ATOMICSQUIRREL
Yes I do.

No I don't really trust internet banking,that's the problem.

"I'm a noob:nuts:" Ha

Only if you have millions in the bank!Luckily,I don't have that problem!:nuts:

Bargain Coins

I do not know about other banks but i never had problems with eft from FNB. I buy and sell a lot and prefer the bob eft system both ways for me as seller and buyer. i can see when the buyer paid as he can see if i paid. the other thing i do and wish other sellers would also do is to put the tracking number on that order via the message box.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I've been working with internet banking for the last five years without any problems at all.

If you have an up-to-date-firewall, antivirus and anti-spyware you are safe. You should have these in place whether you do internet banking or not as an unprotected computer can quickly become overrun with all sorts of malware just by being connected to the web.

Also if you don't click on links in emails, you won't have problems.

qball

We receive notification of a cash payment from the bank, we then have to manually allocate it, it can't be done automatically. It also takes a little longer to clear sometimes. As soon as we are notified and allcoate the payment you will be informed.

We actually try discourage cash deposits due to the costs involved and the possible delays with clearing. The system doesn't work on proof of payments, only cleared funds in the actual accounts. We will only ask for POP to trace payments in the likelihood that there is a problem.

JohnBenn

[h=2][/h]

Thanks Brandona and Tananka,sorry but I'm still skeptical.

Gball I've been using the banking details of each seller as
BoB
gave them to me,how does
BoB
get the notification then?sorry I'm still new to this.

And OK thanks.

qball

Hi John

Apologies, I thought you were referring to bobPay. Unfortunately with payments directly to sellers bank accounts we won't know about or be able to monitor.

qball

Please also be aware that some sellers do not accept cash deposits primarily due to the costs of accepting cash payments.

JohnBenn

OK thank,Yes I know I always ask first,and then add the R16.50 for bank charges.

lilythepink

Internet banking is SO easy, JohnBenn. If I can do it, so can you! The bank will normally help you get started and there is always a help line you can call. After a couple of payments by eft you'll wonder why you didn't do this long ago.

JohnBenn

Thanks Lily I "might" open another account just for internet banking.And maybe just keep a small amount of money inside.

moppies
OK thank,Yes I know I always ask first,and then add the R16.50 for bank charges.

JohnBenn,

How many R16.50's have you paid for banking fees since you joined bob? With all those R16,50's spend on banking fees, you could have bought more items on bob!!!

JohnBenn

Not sure,I'll support one seller at a time and buy between 18 to 34 items.

But you're right.

admin

Johny Benny,

Internet banking is perfectly safe, as long as you remember, no bank will ever send you an email to update/confirm your banking details, or ask you to confirm them on the telephone, or ask you to click on a link to confirm a deposit/withdrawal.

Easy peasy dude :nuts:

Edited by admin