Sign in to follow this  
Bargain Coins

What to do?? Admin help please

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

As usual i jumped at the wacky Wednesday auction early and placed bids on seller UJ99 lots, comprising of 5 lots from 5c to R1 coins. I placed my bids then went to check on my buying page noting the reply to my questions. Here I noticed a reply from a question i placed to seller UJ99 regarding shipping and combining of lots. Realizing that this shipping far exceeds the coins value, i immediately asked the seller to delete my bids on his lots as I am not prepared to pay that fees. Seller gave me a accusing reply uncalled for, to which i replied again and again requested deletion of my bids.

"[TABLE=class: display, width: 983]

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left_top sorting_1]Question

20 Mar 2012 17:15 [/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]PLEASE DELETE ALL MY BIDS ON YOUR LOTS, AS I JUST NOTED YOU DO NOT COMBINE WINNING LOTS AS I WILL NOT PAY YOUR SHIPPING FEES. SHIPPING FEES FOR 5000 COINS INSURED FOR R3000 WEIGHT 19.9KG COST R175. YOU WANT TO CHARGE ME R225 FOR THESE COUPLE OF COINS?

UPDATED: 21 Mar 04:33

I DONT KEEP RECORD OF SELLERS BENEFITING FROM SHIPPING FEES AND ONLY SEEN YOUR REPLY AFTER I PLACED BIDS THATS WHY I ASKED YOU TO DELETE MY BIDS. I ASK AGAIN DELETE MY BIDS, IF NOT I WILL ASK BOB TO REMOVE THEM.[/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even, bgcolor: #F3F3F3]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left_top sorting_1, bgcolor: #F7F7F7]Answer

20 Mar 2012 19:44 [/TD]

[TD=class: watchlist_align_left]YOU ARE A VERY JEALOUS BUSINESS(MAN) WHO HAS AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE TO STOP BUYERS ON BIDDING ON MY ITEMS MY DESCRIPTION CLEARLY STATES THE POSTAGE . TO MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR YOU I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTOIN THIS PAST WEEKEND SO YOU ARE FULLY AWARE OF MY POSTAGE. BE A MAN BOB IS FOR EVERBODY TO SELL THEIR ITEMS"[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The seller did not delete my bids, hereby the winners of 3 lots actually paid more that they would if my bids were deleted as well as me winning some coins of 2 lots.

Can BOB please advise what must i do now. if i do not place order seller will snc and neg rate me. ?

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/61206309/100_X_CIRCULATED_10_c_COINS.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/61206312/100_X_CIRCULATED_20_c_COINS.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/61206320/CIRCULATED_R1_COINS.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/61206300/2OO_X_CIRCULATED_5c_COINS.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/61206315/20_X_CIRCULATED_50_cent_COINS.html

Edited by Bargain Coins

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

post the link of the sale/item

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

The seller must by law delete your bids if requested to do so before the close of auction .

Report this to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Wild Olive Art is correct. The seller cannot refuse to delete your bid(s). I had a similar experience yesterday where I bid on an item and then noticed that the seller was not sticking to "his" usual shipping fee of R35.00 but on Crazy Wednesdays was charging R65.00 on an item which would have posted for R19.30 plus packaging! Fortunately this seller was sensible and acknowledged my right to cancel my bid in terms of the CPA. I just hope this seller will realise we are not allowed to try and recoup costs by way of excessive shipping (not on Crazy Wednesdays or at any other time!)

qball    11
qball

Please do not bid on items if you do not agree with the postal costs. I would argue that the seller's items are particularly heavy to ship and to charge R45 is not excessive in our view. You agreed to the seller's terms of sale including the shipping, but the seller is required to delete the bids as per the CPA, but again please don't bid on items if you are not willing to agree to the shipping as stipulated. The seller will have to file SNCs for the orders.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Even "old hands" sometimes slip up, Cuan! But it's made me realise, again, how important it is to always check shipping costs before bidding and not afterwards! :smile:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Even "old hands" sometimes slip up, Cuan! But it's made me realise, again, how important it is to always check shipping costs before bidding and not afterwards! :smile:

Sometimes sellers have different shipping charges for different items. That is why it's important to check the shipping charges on each and every item. I almost made the mistake to bid on an item with international shipping charges.

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins
Please do not bid on items if you do not agree with the postal costs. I would argue that the seller's items are particularly heavy to ship and to charge R45 is not excessive in our view. You agreed to the seller's terms of sale including the shipping, but the seller is required to delete the bids as per the CPA, but again please don't bid on items if you are not willing to agree to the shipping as stipulated. The seller will have to file SNCs for the orders.

The problem is not the R45 shipping fee, but the fact that for each item its R45, because the seller cant combine the lots, AND THEN YOU RECEIVE ALL IN 1 ENVELOPE THAT COST R20

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL
The problem is not the R45 shipping fee, but the fact that for each item its R45, because the seller cant combine the lots, AND THEN YOU RECEIVE ALL IN 1 ENVELOPE THAT COST R20

I understand...he caught you for a booboo there, but rulz are rulz unfortunately.

qball    11
qball

You are assuming this to be the case. You agreed to the seller's terms when you placed your bids.

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins
You are assuming this to be the case. You agreed to the seller's terms when you placed your bids.

Qball i was not refering to this particular seller but was caught previously with similar fees by others, but i do not buy there anymore.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

brandona12:I see you charge 3% insurance when po charges 2% and 5% insurance for speed service when the charge is 3% ? Is their something special being offered about this insurance charge as making profit on insurance is not allowed.

Neil

qball    11
qball
Qball i was not refering to this particular seller but was caught previously with similar fees by others, but i do not buy there anymore.

The problem at the moment is that you still agreed to his terms of sale when you placed bids. As a seller yourself, you should know what it's like to get bids and then bidders wanting their bids to be deleted, even after it is assumed that they have read your shipping and agreed to your terms of sale... :smile: You can't assume that the seller will send everything combined, and if you do deal with sellers that do this, please alert us to it and send us the proof that they combined the parcel, we can then address this with that particular seller.

Thanks

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins
brandona12:I see you charge 3% insurance when po charges 2% and 5% insurance for speed service when the charge is 3% ? Is their something special being offered about this insurance charge as making profit on insurance is not allowed.

Neil

i never checked the charges but copied this from other sellers, but will fix this, the only thing i do is pay my post master for every package as he do me the favor of collecting and sending and bringing me the slips. every morning he collects and only post when i confirm payment. I pack lots as soon as items is won and packages is ready for shipping at the post office the next morning already. my insurance i always make higher as the buying price rounded of to the nearest R50.

wayjen    10
wayjen

I cannot speak for other Sellers but after being a bit on the forum I think all we Sellers ask of Buyers is to please read what is on offer and what it will cost you should you win the bid. It is the most annoying thing to have a bid placed on an item and then the questions start rolling in and when the Buyer is not happy, to be asked to delete the bid. You are doing yourself no favours by doing this and you are just setting yourself up to be a person to watch out for should you bid again on the same Sellers items. I can expect a newbie to waltz right in and place a bid on an item and then start asking questions after a few days but old Buyers should know better.

And another thing, I like the way some Buyers, both here in SA and especially abroad, can tell a Seller what postage should be, I understand that some Sellers are using the Shipping function to make a mint but not all Sellers on BoB do that and not all Sellers on BoB wrap and or ship their parcels the same way.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

3% insurance, 2% SAPO the other 1% insurance is to assure you that i insured it with SAPO.:nuts:

qball    11
qball

Insurance charges must be in line with what the shipping company/post office offer.