Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Another Lame SNC Excuse

voldermort    10
voldermort

I sold a LP a little while ago, received a question on the item asking whether it were a LP or a CD - replied it was a LP, listed under LP section, needless to say no payment was forthcoming leading to me filing a snc. This morning I receive a telephone call from buyer asking how to go about paying for item they had bought blah, blah, blah and at the end of the conversation asks...it it a LP or a CD? When I once again replied that it was a LP, their response was - I did not bid on this item, I have no idea who bid on this item, I am phoning customer care to find out. A few minutes later I get an email stating Buyer Appeals - and the reason was "I bid on a CD without the LP" (what the hell is that,), "I do not have a LP player".

My point here is that it sometimes seems quite ludicrous that buyers are allowed to appeal snc's with such excuses - all my LP's are in the relevant section, all have the word LP written in the ad - surely buyers need to actually look at what they are purchasing and when they do make a mistake, should they not own their mistake & say "sorry I buggered up" instead of talking such a lot of bs & wasting sellers time.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

"I bid on a CD without the LP" Haha

All I can do is shake my head.

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

That sucks, but I'm sure BOB will reject their appeal.

I had a similar scenario a few weeks back. No payment, SNC filed, Buyer appealed with the excuse: " Laptop is totally broken", BOB rejected their appeal because I listed it as broken. Here is the listing. I still crack myself when I think of it.

Dell - Dell Latitude D630, Intel Core 2 Duo - FOR SPARES ONLY!!! was sold for R201.00 on 1 Feb at 23:47 by Virgotec in Johannesburg (ID:56852452)

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

CD without the LP to my EP, Foshizzle da Nizzle D-O-double-G...

...WORD!:nuts:

wayjen    10
wayjen
That sucks, but I'm sure BOB will reject their appeal.

I had a similar scenario a few weeks back. No payment, SNC filed, Buyer appealed with the excuse: " Laptop is totally broken", BOB rejected their appeal because I listed it as broken. Here is the listing. I still crack myself when I think of it.

Dell - Dell Latitude D630, Intel Core 2 Duo - FOR SPARES ONLY!!! was sold for R201.00 on 1 Feb at 23:47 by Virgotec in Johannesburg (ID:56852452)

We had 2 Dragon Ball Z BOARD games on auction and noted this in the listing with pictures and everything. We mentioned the board and cards and dice and whatever it had or didn't have. Anywhoo I get a bid and all goes well until the guy gets the parcel and asks where is his game (on a disc). We tell him the game was marked as a board game and never once was it noted that it was a pc or console game and even in the pictures it was shown to be a board game. I have recently sold the other BOARD game and now I wonder what will happen to this one.

How come it becomes the Sellers fault when a Buyer cannot read or look further then the price they see? There are tons of unnecessary SNC's being filed because of Buyers buying with stars in their eyes so much so they cannot read or look at the listings they are bidding on.

voldermort    10
voldermort

Thank you Bennet - buyers appeal rejected.