Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Today something amazing happened!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

This happened to me yesterday afternoon and i thought I'd share it with everyone here on the Forum!

Today something amazing happened!

On my way back home from fetching my boys late afternoon, my youngest son said: Mommy, there is a yorkie running in the road and of course i turned around and as i was about to take the turn the yorkie runs towards the front of my car, a police officer were at the same time doing a turn and almost ran him over. I stood in the middle of the road asking him to please stop, pointing at the yorkie, he just saw him in time. He stopped next to me asking if it were my dog, i said no, but there is a collar around it's neck, luckily with a number and a name (Dexter). The police officer asked me what we should do, i said maybe we could try and return the doggie, he phoned and the lady came rushing to us, by that time the officer left and thanked me for helping!

I spoke to the lady and was told that Dexter has had 3 mommies already and she was number 3 and he is making her so mad, he runs out every time when her husband comes home and she does not know what to do. He has only been there a month - well i told her i am a behaviourist and can assist her in helping him overcome this, she was so grateful, but what made me cross was the way she pushed him in the car, i said: Why did you do that? She said because he was naughty, as i was talking he was busy jumping out the window again, she wanted to rush to him and i said no wait - i called him gently and as he came to me i picked him up gently stroking his head and talked to him and he was putty in my hands!

She could not believe this, so i explained to her that because he has had so many homes he does not know where he really belongs, therefore love, kindness and a whole lot of gentleness will go a very long way. Needless to say, he is safe and sound tonight and i am very happy that i could have done this. My message is, BE GENTLE - BE KIND - BE LOVING but most of all HAVE PATIENCE, dogs are sentient beings with a heart and soul just like yours, the only difference is they cannot speak and they walk on 4 legs instead of 2!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2810[/ATTACH]

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~ Gilda Radner

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Mari', I think you are a dog's guardian angel on this earth. Thank you for caring about this little fellow

I think a lot of people have a problem with Yorkies - they buy them because they are so cute but they don't know how to handle them and then pass them on because they haven't been house-trained, let alone trained in every other way a dog should be trained. It is terribly, terribly sad. Yorkies are amongst the most intelligent little creatures on this earth and can become delinquent if dealt with harshly - you are quite right about patience. Patience and firmness are the only methods to use when training any dogs but especially Yorkies! Anger and harshness just make a dog scared and neurotic and, as a result, they seem worse behaved!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Wow, this is amazing, you really have a gift to help with dogs

mellowred    10
mellowred

Wonderful story DA.

I agree with what Lil says. People tend to view cute little pets as if they are show pieces or toys. They don't train or disipline them when they are tiny and oh so sweet, and then get cross with them becasue they are "naughty" after a few months have passed.

It is not nice spraying water on the cats when they play on the pavement right on the main road, or when they jump up on the kitchen counter to see what is for dinner. But I don't want them getting run over and I don't want them on the kitchen counter.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Most training starts with the Breeder, that i do believe. When a pup is bought from me a client not only get a well balanced, socialized and a already potty trained yorkie, but they get a gem and they are only placed at 12 weeks of age, not sooner, later would even be better. The advice i give my clients if used to the fullest would not just benefit the doggie but the client in the long run - no behaviourist would ever be required and you would hardly see a Vet (only when Inoculations or a yearly check-up is due). I pride myself on the fact that i have not had any come backs nor have any of my dogs been placed after i sold them, i believe in honesty and i have integrity and i treat my animals and their feature parents the same way that i want to treated - this combination is a winner for me!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I am dying to get a Yorkie, but I don't know at the moment if its a good idea.

When the time comes, i will make sure I get one from you.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
I am dying to get a Yorkie, but I don't know at the moment if its a good idea.

When the time comes, i will make sure I get one from you.

Thank you Tananka, my yorkems are normally on order, i am quite small, if i have 2 litters per year it's a lot, when you are ready you are welcome to let me know, have a great day further!