Sign in to follow this  
TGSA

Damages by the post office

TGSA    10
TGSA

From time to time I get a neutral or negative rating because of damages by the Post Office. Today, I get a neutral rating as the Post Office managed to damage a book, for heaven's sake! Did they play soccer with it? It was wrapped in newspaper, in strong brown paper and taped all over with masking tape!

Are we (as sellers) responsible what the Post Office does with parcels? Many of us have seen how parcels are (mis)treated by Post Office staff, really very little we (as sellers) can do about?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, unfortunately, we as sellers are responsible in terms of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA). It is best to send even books in a strong box. We know they employ elephants in the PO.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Sandwich the book between 2 overlapping pieces of cardboard stuff the sides with some bubble wrap and buff tape the crap out of it....almost indestructible...unless you drop it in the toilet.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately you have to roll with the punches every now and again.

:blink1:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

We received a broken parcel just yesterday.

Not a nice feeling - The first instinct is to get angry at the seller and give them a negative.

Although in this instance, the parcel was not packed nearly close to what our standards of packaging are......

TGSA    10
TGSA

Shall do, I guess there is no choice there, tks for all the feedback. But that also means that the days of shipping a book for only R25 (with tracking number) are now unortunately over...

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Touch wood, I have never had any damages with using the PO but I do use a lot of cardboard and bubble wrap....

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Moved elsewhere

Edited by BABADAUD