Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

I do not have a south african bank account to pay from- how do i pay?

Guest Guest

i have placed an order but now when I have to pay my only payment option is to use Bobpay with a south african bank account. I would like to pay by UK HSBC Visa debit card or by paypal but I cannot see how to do that option. Please help? I have contacted the seller and they are not being helpful and say I must just keep trying to phone the helpline to pay with my card over the phone but i have been phoning all morning and cannot get through. Please give any suggestions!!!??

JohnBenn

If the seller is with ABSA,you should be able (I think) to make a transfer through Barclays easily.But I did transfer money from another bank in London to ABSA.It's just the transfer fee that's a bit high.Ask the seller for banking details and do a cash transfer.

Virgotec

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If you click on "Help" on this site, you can send BOB an email.

Ask them for the "Swift Code" for whichever bank you would like to pay the money into. Here in SA, BOB uses First National Bank, Standard Bank, ABSA and Nedbank.

I'm sure once you have their swift code you will be able to transfer the money into BOB's account. Remember to use the correct reference as supplied by BOB when you completed the order.

Hope this helps.

Guest Guest

Hi the reason I would like to avoid an international transfer is that it is usually slow to come through and I am under a time constraint as i am only in south africa till the end of the week. I would like to know why on the bottom of the bid or buy website there is the option to use paypal, visa and mastercard and yet it seems impossible to find out how to pay like this??

lilythepink

If you are in South Africa, go in to the seller's bank and deposit the cash and pay the cash deposit fee. That will solve all problems for you and the seller.

JohnBenn
Hi the reason I would like to avoid an international transfer is that it is usually slow to come through and I am under a time constraint as i am only in south africa till the end of the week. I would like to know why on the bottom of the bid or buy website there is the option to use paypal, visa and mastercard and yet it seems impossible to find out how to pay like this??

Not all sellers have those options,because only one bank in S.A accepts Paypal.

Do what Lily said, that would be the cheapest.

qball

Please ensure you read the seller's payment options before buying. The reason the logo's are at the bottom of the page is that certain sellers can offer paypal or credit cards - but you need to check what options they offer. Thank you. You won't be able to pay via paypal or HSBC into a bobPay account, you must have a South African bank account.