Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GertBloues

Box of bargainz - DIY Security

6 posts in this topic

Just a word of caution. I recently bought two gamepads from Boxofbargainz for R2. I know its not much, but I was willing to pay a lot more should someone else join the bid. Three weeks after paying for the items (Postage costs of R60 included) I received the products, but both of them had the same fault. I contacted Boxofbargainz about this, but received no reply. I also contacted the manufacturer who said that they have discontinued this particular brand and that the items I bought are out of warranty because they were bought in Ferbruary 2011.

I recently discovered that Boxofbargainz changed its name to DIYSecurity.

Just wondering why would this be? I know that the ratings stays the same, but someone, like me, who wouldn't trust bozofbargainz in the future may stumble upon DIYSecurity and fall for the same trap again because they did not know about the name change.

Regards

UPDATE: We the seller DIY Security contacted me this morning and we have resolved the issue.

Edited by GertBloues
Issue resolved

Welcome to the forum GertBloues.

You need to send all relevant information (including listing number and emails between yourself and the seller) to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. They can take up to 48 hours to respond to you but you will get their help. Best of luck.

As a buyer, can you check all items purchased from a particular seller? I have a feeling that the information is carried over even if the seller has changed his name.

Maybe one of the more experienced buyers can help with this.

As a buyer, can you check all items purchased from a particular seller? I have a feeling that the information is carried over even if the seller has changed his name.

Maybe one of the more experienced buyers can help with this.

I do know, as a seller, that the minute you type in the buyers real name eg: Bruce Willis, all items he has purchased from you will come up, user name change or not (obviously within the 2 year limit)

I thought so too but was not 100% sure. I guess the same works for buyers.

I thought so too but was not 100% sure. I guess the same works for buyers.

Yup, it sure does...

The seller's ID remains the same, even if the username changes, so we can track that. You can also search by their name, email address etc.