Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Auctioning of puppies and contact details in advert

lilythepink

Thanks, Seeds and Admin. It's disappeared into the ether capacious very quickly. Poef!!

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Are you not allowed to sell animals on BOB?

Jongleur

Not sure.

Were you thinking of selling atomic squirellets ?:smile:

Seeds for Africa

You can on buy now but not on auction.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

what is the difference?

are auctioning animals seen as cruelty?

lilythepink

Yes, auctioning of animals to unknown buyers is considered cruelty - how do you know the buyer can properly house, feed, medicate (veterinary bills?), control the animal if you don't know the buyer or haven't seen his property?

In my opinion (and that of the animal welfare societies) the same is applicable to sales of animals on an auction site but BoB don't seem to agree. I've never understood this either.

Jongleur
Yes, auctioning of animals to unknown buyers is considered cruelty - how do you know the buyer can properly house, feed, medicate (veterinary bills?), control the animal if you don't know the buyer or haven't seen his property?

In my opinion (and that of the animal welfare societies) the same is applicable to sales of animals on an auction site but BoB don't seem to agree. I've never understood this either.

And know the difference between the species.:nuts:

Edited by Jongleur
smily

lilythepink

Or the gender, bon len!

I remember our neighbour in Rondebosch who was a highly qualified pathologist. His daughters had a rabbit which, when it grew up, became very, very fat. He was convinced it was pregnant so I was asked to take a look. Imagine the laughter when I had to inform them (and show them) that the rabbit was a male and was definitely not pregnant!

ATOMICSQUIRREL

I understand what you are saying, but selling an animal online is not any diff from walking into a pet shop and buying one.

Those ppl do not care about the welfare of the animal, they just want the money.

They all assume that if you can afford to buy it you can afford to look after it.

booksallsizes

Pet shops should be banned too...

ATOMICSQUIRREL

You need to get a green barcoded ID for every animal you own!:oh:

lilythepink

No green barcoded IDs but something equally (or more) effective - have a microchip implanted in each of your animals.

mellowred
Pet shops should be banned too...

100% agree on that one BallS. They should only be allowed to sell the toys and accessories. Too many pet shop owners are totally unethical. Poor little creatures sit in dirty cages waiting for someone to rescue them.

Pet shops should only be allowed to sell animals if they are affiliated to Animal Welfare and adhere to the same rules that they do. In other words they could absorb some of the welfare overflow.

In a perfect world there would be 100% ethical breeders for those who want the pedigree, and Animal Welfare for those that don't.