Sign in to follow this  
faaiqt

Concern of purchasing diamond engagement rings on bid or buy

faaiqt

Hi There,

I am new to bid or buy, and am interested in buying my fiancee a wedding ring.

I have seen sellers named Brightdiamltd and Sparkdiamond have received good ratings and great feedback, however i once purchased a ring from Ebay, seller stated it was a 0.50carat diamond in a white gold setting, when I received it, it was a cubic zirconia in a sterling silver setting, i sure that you can understand my hesitation.

I have seen some stunning rings from the above mentioned suppliers..

Any advice on how I can be 100% certain that I get what Im promised?

Miss Jewels

Hi faaiqt. Welcome to the forum....

It's always difficult purchasing from overseas sellers, especially if you have not yet built up any relationship with a specified seller.

As to purchasing on BoB, it's far safer purchasing high priced items from sellers that are verified. BoB is a reputable site and there are very honest sellers here.

I also firmly believe that if you purchase a diamond ring, irrespective of the seller, it should be accompanied by an authentic certificate. This way, you know that the item you are getting, is as described.

If there is no certificate, you can request that the seller has one issued for you. If they support the item they are selling, it should not be a problem to supply you with one.

The other thing to be aware of is seller advertising rings as lab diamonds. Lab diamonds are very expensive (only about 30% cheaper than naturally mined diamonds) and genuine white lab diamonds are currently only available up to a 1 carat.

There are very good man made simulated diamonds available at a fraction of the cost of a natural diamond. Be sure to ask questions on the item you are planning to purchase before placing any bid. You must be comfortable with the answers.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Miss Jewels

faaiqt

Miss Jewels...Thank you so much!:blink1: I really do appreciate the advise!! :)

Il give it a try !

*big hug*

bok2004

Hi faaiqt,

The above of miss Jewels is 100% right, i have bought diamonds from Diamond Merchants in the past and i can tell you it was some of the best i have seen with a authentic certificate and no problems at all, so yes the markets abroad is a risky thing but within BOB i think you are save!!

RISadler

Your (future) wife is going to ride you to eternity for buying her a "discounted" ring as symbol of your marriage ... on the other hand, same if you pay too much. But if she really loves you, she'll be satisfied with a brass pipe connector grommet ...

tmolewa80

Hi Faaiqt,

How did the purchase go? I'm also looking to purchase a ring using Brightdiam Ltd from Hong Kong but weary if this is a legitimate seller.

lilythepink
Hi There,

I am new to bid or buy, and am interested in buying my fiancee a wedding ring.

I have seen sellers named Brightdiamltd and Sparkdiamond have received good ratings and great feedback, however i once purchased a ring from Ebay, seller stated it was a 0.50carat diamond in a white gold setting, when I received it, it was a cubic zirconia in a sterling silver setting, i sure that you can understand my hesitation.

I have seen some stunning rings from the above mentioned suppliers..

Any advice on how I can be 100% certain that I get what Im promised?

You can buy with total confidence from Miss Jewels!! You won't be disappointed and you will get exactly what is listed/advertised. She goes the extra mile to make sure you are happy.

alloway65

When I buy diamonds I always insist on proper certification by a trusted & recognized Diamond Certification House.

SADiamondsrus

I must add here. Check ratings carefully, if a deal seems to good to be true, it normally is.

Best alternative to DIAMOND - Moissanite :) (hehehehe)

Good luck!