Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

Why is the "Crazy Fridays" listings so dead?

JohnBenn

Just curious.There is about 8 antiques and 28 stamps listed,and the other categories are just as poor.

thanks

I meant "Snap Fridays"

brands online

My two cents, to be shot down... Since some of the changes (view similar items, amounts next to ratings, etc...), ALL crazy auctions have worsened. Just as some of us predicted they would...

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

The snap friday auctions was never really a huge drawcard but it started its downward spiral when the weekend specials were introduced-

The weekend specials offered much more by way of exposure time (two days as opposed to a few hours) and you could list with a starting price instead of R1.

I would then think that most sellers would prefer the weekend specials instead of snap fridays as do the buyers.

Neil

JohnBenn

OK,that makes sense.So we are talking changes and time frames.

MiemsJewels

Uggghhh!! Hope I break at least even today!!

ATOMICSQUIRREL

When you have slow traffic on Snap Friday it can be very risky/costly to sellers!

....all the Vultures sit around the clock waiting for 13:50pm..then they swoop down and scoop all those empty open R1 auctions.

I just checked...including ME, +-20 of us sitting here as we speak.

:nuts:

meeks

The Friday auction listings may be "dead" as opposed to the weekend specials, but sales are "dead" in crazy wednesday, Friday, and weekend auctions, and also in "buy now" listings. (as far as crafts (beads/beading) goes.

Seems it has now finally fizzled out, even at up to 60% reduction in the price of the stuff when offered on buy now.

I am trying to get rid of all my beading stocks (and there is a LOT of stuff, thousands of rands worth of stuff, but looks like it is not going to go on BOB, either the craft is dying out, or the economy has people strapped.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Meeks, that is across the board, not just in the arts&crafts section.

Vinyl Lady Decals

It might be a good idea if BoB would change the Crazy Friday times a bit.

My suggestion would be from 7 AM to 2PM, I think that this would help to pick sales up a bit

JohnBenn
It might be a good idea if BoB would change the Crazy Friday times a bit.

My suggestion would be from 7 AM to 2PM, I think that this would help to pick sales up a bit

Who's awake at 7am?:blink1:

Maybe they could start it on Thursdays, and make the listings free for a month or two - to get people interested again.

Vinyl Lady Decals

THats an interesting idea

brands online
THats an interesting idea

a glimpse of the not too distant future...

...unfortunately we will not be implementing or changing any suggestions...(that are of any real value to you guys)... :blink1:

meeks
a glimpse of the not too distant future...

...unfortunately we will not be implementing or changing any suggestions...(that are of any real value to you guys)... :blink1:

Off course not!!! So what's new?

Bargain Coins

make the friday a 24hr auction start at 00H00 end at 24H00, that gives everyone a chance to look and bid. my 5c

mellowred

Have you posted my parcel yet Meeks .... :bigsmile:?

svw

With regards to "Snap Friday" - maybe bob could make the listing fee R5 ?

JacoJ

We will look at possibly changing the open times for Snap Friday from 9am to 7am.

Sorry, Jaco meant, starting earlier, from 7am until 2pm.

Edited by qball
Changed time

ATA STAMP CENTRE
We will look at possibly changing the open times for Snap Friday from 9am to 7am.

I think you mean 9am to 7pm

Possibly look at some incentives to sellers to make them interested to list here-perhaps free listings for a month and then the interest from sellers will be raised.

You will still make commission from the sales and that will be more than the listing fees currently generated as there will be extra items listed if listing fees are waived for a period and therefore more sales.

Dont forget the weekend specials started with no listing fees for a month or two and look how successful that was!!

Just a point to ponder

NEIL

alloway65

to 7PM!!!!!!!

meeks
Have you posted my parcel yet Meeks .... :bigsmile:?

Yeah- Me regular "Speedy Gonzales" Thanks for the order. (Saw this now after I sent you mail)

gypseygirl

my feeling as a buyer is that it is not so much fun anymore to look through the auctions as there are far too many sellers with overseas shipping costs of hundreds of rands, and the filter of "South Africa" does not route these out as they are registered as SA selllers.