Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
micca

Non paying buyers

5 posts in this topic

I Don't know if it's just me but I've never in the almost 5 years I've been on bidorbuy had so many nonpaying buyers as I've had in the last two months ......I'm at my end with frustration of buyers that just do not respond to emails to reminders not even a negative rating gets a reaction.....I mean I pay for the auctions and really don't know what to do with these buyers....What are my options????? I'm loosing money...... One thing most of these buyers have is a Gmail account.......

This is really so annoying. This past crazy Wednesday auction, I had a bead item listed, got busy, and did not get to PC till later, and noticed that a buyer had bid on my item,(he/she had been outbid by the time I came back in, and got to PC). However, on checking the outbid buyer's ratings, I notice that he/she has 6 negatives for non payment and 1 neutral for non payment.

The last time this buyer actually paid for a purchase was in November 2010!!! Did not pay for any of the purchases made in 2011. (Joined BOB in November 2010), and sitting at 40% positive ratings.

My reaction to that bid was "what a cheek"!!! I would have deleted that bid, had another buyer not bid after this person, so from now on, I will make a point of trying to check more often when I have auction listings, and summarily delete these kinds of bids, as one thing is sure, if that buyer ended up winning the item, payment would not have been made, and all time wasted (plus listing fees sacrificed) before the item could be re-listed for sale, a total schlepp!!!

Bid / Win / Bale seems to be on the uprise (for me anyway).

Not only is it a total waste of time and monies, I may have the 'priviledge' of dealing with the same 'looser' after the 'block buyer' falls off.

Methinks if someone isn't smart enough to read and comprehend what they are reading before bidding, they shouldn't be allowed to have expensive 'play toys' with buttons.

Ruthie

I think BOB should actualy credit you and carry your listing fees over to the buyers who do not follow through with the auctions/buy now. If they then fail to pay those fees within a specified time period their profiles are blocked from buying/selling until it is paid.

Good idea, vortechz (sorry, Atomic Squirrel).