Sign in to follow this  
Shuaib_S

Unlfair negative rating!!

Shuaib_S

I purchased 2 laptops from OldmanIT and the item that was sent wasnt the one i bidded on so i sent him an email since there is no other contact info and i had no reply so i figured if i gave him a negative rating he would probably reply and yes he did, but he then gave me a negative rating which is totally unfair. Bidorbuy should make it compulsory to give atleast a cell number. Now he says i should send it back for a refund, i paid him R190 shipping to get it to me now i must pay to send it back, what a terrible experience and now i have 2 negative ratings from previously being 100% positive, is there a way that bidorbuy can change or delete the unfair rating?

mrmouse

freight back is not your responsibility , it is for his account , he supplied wrong and doesnt have a leg to stand on , he is also obliged to issue a contact number on purchase as per CPA spec , and BOB spec , to many sellers on BOB dont conform to the code of selling and action should be taken against them , I for one will cancell a purchase immediately if no contact numbers are given on purchase of an expensive item . by supplying what he felt like supplying is essentially fraud .and he should be held accountable for it . Just my 2 cents worth , I have been bitten many times on BOB and wont stand for it anymore , the one laptop was listed as NEW , you have him by the proverbial B...s , by law he has to pay return freight .

Shuaib_S

Lol thanks mr mouse thats reassuring but how do i ask him to pay return freight when he never replies to emails.. I will call BOB tomorrow and i hope they atleast can get a hold of him.

mrmouse

bob will have all his details on hand , there are many things they can do untill he obliges and makes right , it also may have just been a shipping mistake , and the person that purchased that peanut butter sandwich will probably have youre laptop , ( I would be pretty upset if I got a laptop and not my sandwich ) , good luck .let the forum know what happened .

mrmouse

the other thing is I wonder who got the peanut butter sandwich, and will he own up to getting the wrong item ,he may have only paid for a slice of bread .I think this one will keep you busy for a while , no sleep for you tonight ( dreaming about what the other person is doing to you`re laptop. ) Im sure it will be sorted out quickly , the seller does do high volumes and mistakes do creep in .I cant see the seller risking his reputation over two units

Shuaib_S

I did think that probaly someone lucky got mine instead but i have been checking his recently sold item for a few days and even the ratings dont have an acer 8.9inch netbook listed, so its either he incorrectly listed the item that i bidded on or he didnt get stock of it and sent me the inferior one. When i contacted him at the close of auction to pick it up he said he doesnt carry stock and that its kept at warehouses in jhb and pta. That made me a bit sceptical and he didnt wat to give me his contact number so i went with the positive ratings and transfered the cash, now i regret :cry:

Miss Jewels

They are not allowed to sell stock not in their possession. Another thing to report to BoB

Shuaib_S

Ok the seller has rectified his mistakes and sent me the correct item after me contacting BOB although its not a new one as advertised. Overall i think all this could of been avoided if he would just reply to my email from the begining. He also did make me feel as if i was wrong for leaving him negative ratings and creating "issues with BOB" as he put it and asked me not to buy from him again, now was i wrong? Should i of went about it differently? Please advise

JohnBenn

Nope sounds to me that you were in the right.He's still in the wrong if you got one secondhand and he/she advertised it as new.

Shuaib_S

Ok guess what!! It just never stops! Switched on the laptop for the first time today and the screen has flashing lines all over!! Now what do i do?? Do i change the rating again?? Lol i just had enough i dont think i will be buying from BOB again!

Cali Craft and Gems

Don't be discouraged by one rotten apple in the bushel! There are many honest reliable sellers on BoB who sell a wide variety of items...

But re the item being advertised as new and a secondhand one being received - I would not take this nonsense quietly! Contact BoB directly for some advice or guidance.

mrmouse

Get a full refund including mail charges if he doesnt comply summons him to your small claims court and let the judge decide what to do . he wont want to travel to your magisterial district to appear so I think a refund in full will be appropriate including all mail charges , then buy from someone who doesnt try and pull the wool over you~re eyes with NEW and sending old demo gear .New has a manufacturers warranty which he cant offer .