Sign in to follow this  
BestBuyOnline

Cash deposit fees added to purchase price

BestBuyOnline    10
BestBuyOnline

Hi,

I have a prompt for buyers who pay cash, where, when they select CASH PAYMENT, an amount of R17.50 is added to their purchase price. This is the amount my bank charges me for a cash deposit and I find this works much better than creating just a note which says "Please add R17.50 for cash deposits" as most buyers were ending up having to pay R17.50 + R17.50 for the second deposit, after they forgot it in the first place.

I have only noticed today that this amount gets added to the total on my Sellers Page. Does this mean that I now also pay commission on this R17.50?

Thanks

Ronel

wayjen    10
wayjen

How do I do that Ronel, we often get people not paying or questioning the R16.50 uncle BoB asks for cash payments?

BestBuyOnline    10
BestBuyOnline
How do I do that Ronel, we often get people not paying or questioning the R16.50 uncle BoB asks for cash payments?

Hi Wayne

You will find Prompts on the left side of your Seller Page, just beneath Shipping Charges. And then you just create a prompt for let's say PAYMENT METHOD and make the choice for example EFT = R0.00 OR CASH DEPOSIT = R17.50.

There are even some examples that you can use and just edit.

Kind regards

wayjen    10
wayjen

Thanks a mill let me see if I can make a prompt for cash deposits.

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns
Hi,

I have only noticed today that this amount gets added to the total on my Sellers Page. Does this mean that I now also pay commission on this R17.50?

Thanks

Ronel

Yup, you would pay commission on the R17.50 if using a prompt, so you'll have to add .88c on somewhere to make up for it. Had a customer this week who didn't pay the cash deposit fee but just couldn't bring myself to insist that the client pay in the fee plus the fee again (I charge R16.50, how much does BoB actually take?). Lesson learned, in future when my item sells I'll be sure to remind the client as soon as the order comes in.

BestBuyOnline    10
BestBuyOnline
Yup, you would pay commission on the R17.50 if using a prompt, so you'll have to add .88c on somewhere to make up for it. Had a customer this week who didn't pay the cash deposit fee but just couldn't bring myself to insist that the client pay in the fee plus the fee again (I charge R16.50, how much does BoB actually take?). Lesson learned, in future when my item sells I'll be sure to remind the client as soon as the order comes in.

That does not seem fair. Is there any way to get around the commision?

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns
That does not seem fair. Is there any way to get around the commision?

Why on earth would anyone want a way around .88c commission, surely you can structure this into your price somehow?

BestBuyOnline    10
BestBuyOnline
Why on earth would anyone want a way around .88c commission, surely you can structure this into your price somehow?

I mainly sell on Crazy Auctions, which inevitably means that sometimes you sell at R1. Then 88c is an enormous amount!

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

Ah ok, that figures. Still haven't got my head around this auction thing yet, maybe one day.