Sign in to follow this  
scooby784

Just my luck?

scooby784

So on the 26th of Feb I purchased an Item from a very reputable seller. Payment was done immediately and I received a tracking number at around 1am in the morning on the 29th saying my parcel would be posted the next morning.

All cool, 2 days later I tried tracking the parcel, but no success. I phoned speed services and they said that the tracking number was not in their data base, same thing on their website. I emailed the seller on the same day to see if the tracking number supplied was correct but no reply after 3 days. I tried calling the seller but there was no answer. I sent another email but no reply.

My problem is that I still cannot contact the seller. Along with that the auction said 24hr delivery, and if you look at the sellers ratings, others have bought phones after me and have received them within 2 days and have already given a rating. Any idea on what else I can do to contact the seller?

Here is a link to the item I purchased:

BlackBerry - Genuine Blackberry BOLD 9650*Unlocked*100% Working*IN STOCK*Charger, battery & SD Card was sold for R1,102.00 on 26 Feb at 20:53 by trams1 in Dullstroom (ID:59260788)

Edited by scooby784

ATOMICSQUIRREL

You should report him/her!:notrust:

Does he/she have a cell nr?

So much for your 7 day return policy.

PS. Love the Avatar!

Edited by ATOMICSQUIRREL

wayjen

Another one of those that issues tracking numbers before it's even in the post office, I just cannot understand why people do that, you either 100% sure nothing will happen along the way and that the tracking number wont be changed or you a shifty person.

Ask BoB for the contact details or get them to look into it.

ATOMICSQUIRREL
Another one of those that issues tracking numbers before it's even in the post office, I just cannot understand why people do that, you either 100% sure nothing will happen along the way and that the tracking number wont be changed or you a shifty person.

They crab those speedcourier forms at the post office and email you the tracking nr they are "going" to use when they post it,but take 3-6days to actually post the item. Unless it's a RD tracking,fot that you need to go in...i think.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

DARN! Im so talkative today i missed out on the Snapfriday items i had on watchlist...now its 2.06pm:unsure:

scooby784
You should report him/her!:notrust:

Does he/she have a cell nr?

So much for your 7 day return policy.

PS. Love the Avatar!

Yeah she does. I've tried it but no luck. How do I report her?

Everyone else that has recently bought things from her has received it. I guess this is Murphy's law.

haha thanks! It awlays amuses me.

scooby784

Thats happened to me so many times on BoB! I get the tracking number then only a few days later the item gets posted. I dont understand why people do that. But in this case its been almost 2 weeks now and still no active/working tracking number. *sigh*

wayjen

Some members want a tracking number straight after bidding has closed as if it is a receipt for the item purchased.

JohnBenn

Scooby I bet after the negative rating you gave her, she will get back to you...it seems to be the case with the others.

Did you read the reply on the negative ratings for a tea tin?....not what one will call good customer service.... "dry your eyes"

scooby784
Scooby I bet after the negative rating you gave her, she will get back to you...it seems to be the case with the others.

Did you read the reply on the negative ratings for a tea tin?....not what one will call good customer service.... "dry your eyes"

TBH John, Other than the zero communiction I have received from her or the false tracking number, the whole reason why I gave a negative rating was to get a response. The least she can do is tell me whats the hold up.

Just read it now. Yeah, got a bit of a temper! But what is confusing is that she is consistantly getting positive ratings. Why all of a sudden drop short with 1 buyer? Very strange...

wayjen

They become "holier then thou" with all the positives. We had an issue with a Buyer with 100% positive ratings then he politely dictated to us when he will pay so we gave him the option and when that day came and went (2 months or so) we filed the snc and gave the negatives that were deserved, needless to say he tried to revenge rate us on an earlier sale but BoB cut him short.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi all

Shifty Neil here,

I am one of those that supply tracking numbers before i dispatch the order.

If i may explain it make sense and is enormously beneficial to me in time saving,which as we all know,time is money.

I sell 100 items weekly and that normally equates to around 30-40 parcels weekly allowing for combining of multiple purchases by some buyers.

My MODUS OPERANDI is simplicity initself.

I receive payment in my account or payment notification which i check daily.I then go to customer order and i work online in addressing the envelope and as i am currently on the order i allocate a register label or speed service waybill to the order and instantly notify the buyer that "PAYMENT has been received,thank you.I then notify the buyer on his order via the bob message system that his order has been packaged and will be dispatched the same day (if i am working in the morning) or that his order will be dispatched the next day if i am processing in the evening and forthwith inform the buyer of his tracking number.

As i am currently on the order and all info i need is there and i can complete the order with all i need to do ,it saves time and lots of hassles-I then complete my rating feedback and close the order as completed.

Saves lots of paper as i work online and do not need to print invoices or addresses etc.

Also having notified the buyer of his tracking no and time of dispatch etc i dont waste time having to first post and then come back to office and then open the order again and then notify the buyer of tracking no etc-double work to me!!!

Of course as i am not MOSES i cannot foretell whether i will be alive the next morning or will safely negotiate the trafiic to the post office or my car will be hijacked and i will not be able to fulfill my obligations as so stated in the order the evening before or the morning of dispatch.

But if i then never did anything based on variables of life or death i would be cocooned or marooned on an island of disbelief instead of being the positive person i am looking forward to each day as if no evil shall ever befall me.

To place a damper on this it has so occasionally happened that of course a POST OFFICE CLERK will throw a spanner in my world of utopia and make an error while processing the parcel resulting in the transaction being cancelled and a new registered number having to be allocated.

I would then have to notify the buyer of the error beyond my control and email a new tracking number with an apology on behalf of all semi-illiterate postal clerks and myself.

Fortunately if you have a consistent track record and good customer relations then all this is accepted with good grace and totally devoid of any accusations of shiftiness!!

Finally i have processed my orders this way for over two years and i think 12500 PLUS POSITIVE RATINSGS AT 100% with not even a neutral along the way would bear testament that even SHIFTY NEIL has got it right!!

REGARDS

NEIL

written with my tongue firmly in my cheek:nuts:and apologies to all the reallyshifty sellers out there for not adhering to protocol!!

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

wayjen

We do almost the same and have all the tracking numbers here and all is put on the parcels etc (my wife keeps a strict records of all sales), BUT we do not issue a number until the item is at the post office. Should the system crash as it has done before where I had to remove all the tracking stickers, we save time and money because we have not issued a tracking number before posting and only submit the number after it has been posted.

written with finger in nose.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
We do almost the same and have all the tracking numbers here and all is put on the parcels etc (my wife keeps a strict records of all sales), BUT we do not issue a number until the item is at the post office. Should the system crash as it has done before where I had to remove all the tracking stickers, we save time and money because we have not issued a tracking number before posting and only submit the number after it has been posted.

written with finger in nose.

How do you type??:smile:must be some sticky letters on the keyboard!!

wayjen
How do you type??:smile:must be some sticky letters on the keyboard!!

And here I thought it was a virus problem.

dstorm

Hello Wayjen

Like Neil, I email tracking numbers before I mail the items. In just over four years on BoB, I had to correct things about four times.

All of the best and regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE
And here I thought it was a virus problem.

Stephen KIng-"The stand"

wayjen

4 times of wasted man hours there Jacques.

wayjen
Stephen KIng-"The stand"

Stephen king also pick his nose and think his keyboard had a virus when writing The Stand?

Miss Jewels

I have found a system which works 100% for us. A standard message as soon as the parcel is ready for postage which reads :

"Thank you for your payment which has cleared. Your parcel was/will be posted on 12/03/2012 and should reach you within 3 - 5 working days."

I then further stipulate whether it's Economail/Speed Services/Counter to Door with the respective tracking number. A link is also supplied so that the client can track the parcel.

We normally post Tues - Thur, but have been posting on Mondays too if a lot of payments were received over the weekend.

dstorm

Hello Neil

You had me lauging now.

Nowadays stamp dealers are known as Mr so and so, Neil Green, Jacques Kuun, etc, etc.

When I entered the stamp market (some years ago) we had prominent dealers like Smoking Joe, Speedy (still around), Lucky, etc, etc.

So Shifty Neil should be in good company. And what a refreshing name.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Stephen king also pick his nose and think his keyboard had a virus when writing The Stand?

Possible but i was thinking if you had the virus even two fingers up your nose would not have stopped the slime escaping and running onto your keyboard causing "sticky keys":bigsmile:

wayjen

ha ha ha and here I thought sticky buns were bad but then again at least they are sweeter then the nose goo.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hello Neil

You had me lauging now.

Nowadays stamp dealers are known as Mr so and so, Neil Green, Jacques Kuun, etc, etc.

When I entered the stamp market (some years ago) we had prominent dealers like Smoking Joe, Speedy (still around), Lucky, etc, etc.

So Shifty Neil should be in good company. And what a refreshing name.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

Really hope it only gets spoken in the fondest of terms!!all i am trying to "shift" right now is the contents of this bottle of CHIVAS REGAL-I will have one on you right now!!there i shifted a little more!!

regards neil

dstorm

Seriously Neil

No offence meant – we all know you.

To me it is just a matter that we should be 100% serious when we do the deal. At other times we should be less serious about ourselves.

You are more than welcome to come up with a GOOD name for me. The names that KennyN and Gabriel1 normally call me are not suitable for relaying on a public forum

Keep well and regards

Jacques