Sign in to follow this  
oaks and acorns

Thank you for your response

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

While you did take the appropriate action regarding the bid deletion by the seller, this also resulted in a verbal attack which you edited and I thankfully never got to read in full.

But my problem lies still with the buyer's experience when reporting a problem.

Initially received no response and when posting the problem on the forum, the seller is warned. But then the buyer is attacked by the seller. When the buyer responds, highlighting the points that were overlooked in the tirade, the buyer is also deemed confrontational and the thread is closed while the buyer is still posting and editing.

Now I understand that you apologised and the seller was warned. What I don't understand is how sellers are permitted to speak to buyers in this way at all. BidorBuy really needs to lift the level on this one.

In closing, my response to this attack was not confrontational, if anything I consider it as understandably defensive and would very much appreciate if you could see your way to adjusting your comments where you closed the thread to reflect this.

Thanks in advance,

Liz

qball    11
qball

Thank you for your post Liz. I agree that the fact that it was not responded to is a cause of concern, and I have addressed this with the staff concerned, it's not acceptable and we did take the appropriate action, although the seller feels he has done nothing wrong. I am sorry you feel that my apology was insincere, it was and still is a sincere apology.

The thread was becoming confrontational. It is a public forum and all forum members should act with civility, politeness and respect and follow the forum rules. The seller's comments were edited on the first post and eventually the thread locked as a result of the confrontational nature of the thread, as he continued to re-post another comment (the one removed). It was closed to avoid any further confrontation or comments that would be inappropriate, and in our experience these threads deteriorate into a mudslinging match.

It is expected that everyone should act in a mature manner. We cannot control or prevent outbursts between users, we can take action to stop this from going further. We unfortunately are not responsible for the manner in which people speak to each other or how they act. We can try manage it the best we can, but this is a public forum and you are responsible for your own actions and posts.

The thread will remain closed and my comments will remain - it was a general warning directed to all on the thread.

Thank you for your feedback in this regard, we will try to ensure this does not happen again with any report made to community watch.

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns
Thank you for your post Liz. I agree that the fact that it was not responded to is a cause of concern, and I have addressed this with the staff concerned, it's not acceptable and we did take the appropriate action, although the seller feels he has done nothing wrong. I am sorry you feel that my apology was insincere, it was and still is a sincere apology.

The thread was becoming confrontational. It is a public forum and all forum members should act with civility, politeness and respect and follow the forum rules. The seller's comments were edited on the first post and eventually the thread locked as a result of the confrontational nature of the thread, as he continued to re-post another comment (the one removed). It was closed to avoid any further confrontation or comments that would be inappropriate, and in our experience these threads deteriorate into a mudslinging match.

It is expected that everyone should act in a mature manner. We cannot control or prevent outbursts between users, we can take action to stop this from going further. We unfortunately are not responsible for the manner in which people speak to each other or how they act. We can try manage it the best we can, but this is a public forum and you are responsible for your own actions and posts.

The thread will remain closed and my comments will remain - it was a general warning directed to all on the thread.

Thank you for your feedback in this regard, we will try to ensure this does not happen again with any report made to community watch.

Thank you, appreciated.

The seller has now informed me that he is a ex law enforcement officer with over 16 years in the police and military and currently works in Iraq in security. Small wonder I was floored for 40 mins, couldn't understand it at the time but having read the posts and had the seller fill in the deleted info it makes sense.

Bully for you chap.

Top of the day to everyone else.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

They should invent 30 second popcorn, because as i was about to butter my stash when the Thread was closed.

Can i get a refund on my ringside seat?:nuts:

Edited by ATOMICSQUIRREL