Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Contents of Pick List missing

Miss Jewels

I had 37 items in my pick list yesterday to be reloaded today, but when I logged in this morning, all my items were gone:shock: This is the 3rd time it's happened to me

MacMuffin? Can you help please? I called in to the offices but were told to clear the cache and cookies....excuse me, but I eat cookies and don't leave them laying on my pc:nuts:. Any help will be highly appreciated as I really don't know where to start:embarrest:

MacMuffin

Hi there - Picklist items are stored in the browsers cookie. So if you switch browsers, delete your browsing history or delete your cookies, the picklist item selection will also disappear.

It looks like someone had their hands in your cookie-jar ;-)

Miss Jewels

Thanks, but I only deleted my browsing history after speaking to Solanche. That was after I discovered that my pick list was missing:unsure:. My cookie jar is in the kitchen.....lol....my pc is password protected and only I have access? Any other possible cause of this?

MacMuffin

There are a number of possibilities:

• Your browser deletes cookies on exit
  • Some security software deletes them
  • You could have accidentally added bidorbuy.co.za as a blocked site (see next point and make sure if under "Managed websites" it lists the domain "bidorbuy.co.za" as "Always Allow"
  • You could have changed your Security setting in IE (in which case, open Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites and add bidorbuy.co.za)
  • You have been doing naughty things on your browser and switched to InPrivate mode (if so, send us links)

A simple test is to delete IE's browsing history, close the browser, log on, add a few items to the picklist. Then close IE. Open IE and see if your picklist is still there. If not, then try the same on another browser (Firefox, Chrome). If the same behaviour occurs on another browser, then probably something on your PC eats your cookies (Antivirus etc?).

If it does not occur in another browser (i.e. it works in Firefox), then you have an IE issue - perhaps a misconfiguration / block somewhere.