Sign in to follow this  
nivek456

Changing of user names

oaks and acorns

I was out too, Neil. And so missed all that was said.

I would like to say this now though... my big little acorn has corns on her feet and limited work prospects in this province. So I thought to build something and get it going, as a pressie for her next birthday. But having earnestly tested the waters, it just doesn't seem wise.

lilythepink

Dreamstone has now changed her name to "oaks and acorns". Please note, everybody. Please note. (I like your new name!)

MiemsJewels
I was out too, Neil. And so missed all that was said.

I would like to say this now though... my big little acorn has corns on her feet and limited work prospects in this province. So I thought to build something and get it going, as a pressie for her next birthday. But having earnestly tested the waters, it just doesn't seem wise.

Now I am confused O & A ...........your big little acorn is your.........wife.........or your daughter?

lilythepink

Another puzzle, Miems? We're still trying to find the answer to Ruthie's latest one. (I think "oaks and acorns" is referring to her daughter!)

oaks and acorns
A wolf in sheeps' clothing comes to mind!

Oh dear, that puts you at twice mistaken this week, halfalol. Third time lucky though, I suppose.

Now I am confused O & A ...........your big little acorn is your.........wife.........or your daughter?

Having trouble connecting, think my modem's playing up but yes, my 23 year old.

oaks and acorns
It is lovely - from Ben Jonson - A Farewell to the World.

Thanks, I'll check it out

No miracles - o ye of little faith. "I`m looking for a miracle in my life"...... Moody Blues.

Haha but yup, very little.

Hope is like a northern hawthorn bush, late flowering but continuing long in bloom. There is an element of speculation in it which faith quite lacks. Thus, faith is for youth, hope for middle life, and charity, which only comes when faith and hope are dead, for age.

B. CUNNINGHAM GRAHAM, Hope

wayjen

I want a name change now too.

lilythepink

You may only change your user name when you get your driver's licence, Wayne!

@oaks and acorns: Twice mistaken - what does that mean?

Edited by lilythepink

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Atomicsquirrel-has a nice ring to it but i cannot get my head around the fact that it is a bit tame for a head banging metalhead like you.I keep having this vision of the CHIPMONKS movie and these little guys running around being heavy metal dudes breaking guitars on stage instead of being cute little furballs.:nuts:

Wayjen-you cannot change your name without consultation with your better half-maybe you should let her take the lead i:e "jenway"

or else call your self anything sweet and edible-i am sure you will conjure up a great new name-how about this "Wonky Wayjens chocolate factory!!:smile:

neil

Jacques Kuun

"jenway"??

How original coming from the poet?

We want better from you Neil!

lilythepink

Wayne could consider calling himself "Trolley Man", or "Bag Ladies Delight".

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Wayne could consider calling himself "Trolley Man", or "Bag Ladies Delight".

More likely "Truffle man " or Bag Ladies Turkish Delight"

Dstorm-sorry my creative juices just are not working at the moment,i need some inspiration!!

NEIL

lilythepink

Yes, "Truffle Man" sounds great. Wayne - the poet has spoken and I have agreed with him!

wayjen

jenway sounds like an imported motorcycle.

I had to decipher Miems afrikaans with my Rosetta Stone to figure out where this button was to change our name and when I found it I got cold feet because I wondered if I change the name will I be changing it on the auction side too.

lilythepink

Well you could get your driver's licence for the Jenway imported motorcyle and swop it for your trolley?

wayjen

Now there's a thought.

oaks and acorns
How and where can you change your name....I am ready to transform now.:blink1:

imho, vortechz is much better... has depth, resonance and a lightness of heart.

oaks and acorns

My apologies for the delayed response to comments addressed directly to me recently but was somewhat hampered yesterday by a mega hangover induced by a birthday celebration (hidden from view so the next man would get his due).

I wouldn't have minded had ATA Stamp Centre criticized what I'd written, as Bon len did, heaven knows I'm no poet. But instead he chose to wield his 'residency' and, when prompted by the forum parrot, proceeded to brag about how (virtually, no doubt) he'd be hiring and firing blahdiblahdiblah. None of this had anything to do with the topic of the thread (as some so kindly pointed out) or what I had written. And so I wrote what I did. Tsk tsk.

I thank those who said what they did, but at the same time I reckon at least a couple were out of line too.

.end

admin

Okay folks, just a general note, posts should be read in the context they were posted, tongue in cheek. We generally let threads go off topic in the "not so important" threads, the forum is supposed to be a fun place, within limits.

Locking this thread, as when I start shooting, I don't stop till both six shooters are empty :twisted: