Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadtrain

11 weeks & still no item has arrived

4 posts in this topic

Hi - 18th December I paid for an item on BOB - It was bought & paid for from western Australia - It was to be sent via surface mail & the expected delivery was 6-8 weeks. It has now been 11 weeks & still no item - I have requested from the seller a receipt from the Post Office - but should I go ahead & give the seller a poor rating anyway ??? -

Thanks in advance for replies

Have you tracked the parcel and if so what does it say? Some parcels from South Africa can take a few days to a few weeks to a few months.

Usually when sending surface mail overseas I am always informed by my PO that it can take anywhere from 4 - 12 weeks. I would not suggest a bad rating yet as surface mail can take notoriously long which is why airmail is always a better option - between 7 - 10 working days.

Edited by voldermort

I don't think you should give a negative rating yet - if you don't have a tracking number from the seller, ask for it, and only if there is no communication from the buyer would I give a negative rating. If you're not prepared to wait much longer, request a refund from the seller. Remember the Christmas season is busy and items sometimes lie around at various points.

I hope all will work out satisfactorily for you.

Hi I recently posted a stamp catalogue to Australia and it took 17 weeks to arrive by surface mail so don't give up yet the item can still arrive.I certainly do not think you can ask for a refund if the item is in transit.Regards Kevin