Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

New ratings format?

MsPlod

Maybe I am naive, or just completely missing the plot here, but I fail to see why this

All ratings received by Neux from buyers on bidorbuy.co.za

is greatly different from this

Items recently sold by Neux on bidorbuy.co.za

As a buyer, I am delighted. It means I do not have to keep looking at items individually to see how much they sold for...

Sorry for those folks who feel that it is an invasion of their privacy - but that "privacy" was invaded before (in even more detail) by their .

Regarding the personal offer issues, maybe some folks have some things to hide which should not be hidden?? Generally, personal offers are supposed to be made within fairly specific "boundaries". So - no one should be feeling worried at all...

Edited by MsPlod

booksallsizes

I'm not bothered by it at all - the info was always there.

I see Voldermort's point. I sold the Voortrekker Monument the other day :smile: But... I was under the impression that there were never thumbnails on this page... Damn, change something and I completely forget what it was like before - attention span (and memory) of a goldfish :noworry:

meeks

Personally, the only time I would make a personal offer, is if an item fetched an (above average) good price, and if the runner up was say 1 bid increment below that winning bid,and I had the extra stock,I would make a personal offer to that runner up bidder.

voldermort
I'm not bothered by it at all - the info was always there.

I see Voldermort's point. I sold the Voortrekker Monument the other day :smile: But... I was under the impression that there were never thumbnails on this page... Damn, change something and I completely forget what it was like before - attention span (and memory) of a goldfish :noworry:

Ha, sorry Balls but I win.......I sold Mozambique! :bigsmile:

booksallsizes
Ha, sorry Balls but I win.......I sold Mozambique! :bigsmile:

Ah - but you also sold Bruce Willis which was a very very very silly thing to do - got to be penalised for that! :smile:

voldermort
Ah - but you also sold Bruce Willis which was a very very very silly thing to do - got to be penalised for that! :smile:

Damn don't even remind me - why did I let him slip away from me :unsure: now I'm back in depressed mode thinking of what I lost so you win this round - Voortrekker Monument is better than Mozambique but just wait until I sell South Africa......:noworry:

booksallsizes

He he - you won't be the first to sell the country :bigsmile:

But you're probably the best owner at the moment!

Guest MacMuffin

Hi all,

we received some good feedback, and the one action we will take is to revisit the display of amounts on personal offers. Although personal offers are generally low in volume, we do see this as a possible disadvantage where other buyers could back out of sales and we will address this by not displaying the bid-amount for Personal Offers.

The other suggestion (displaying the thumbnail) next to the trade is more a space issue but we think we have come up with an elegant option to display the trade-image if you hover over the link.

The other concerns, regarding privacy are in my mind not really an issue, as users always had access to sellers sales through the Recently Sold view.

As others have mentioned, displaying the sale price (and remember this is only the bid amount, does not include quantities or prompts) will have benefits to establish trust with sellers. Although we currently sign up between 12,000 - 15,000 users per month, we find that conversion ratios are about 3-4% (i.e. only 300-500 of those actually purchase something). We hope, that the addition of price will strengthen trust and allow us to increase the conversion ratios further (which is obviously beneficial to you as a seller and us of course).

voldermort
Hi all,

The other suggestion (displaying the thumbnail) next to the trade is more a space issue but we think we have come up with an elegant option to display the trade-image if you hover over the link.

Yaaay - thank you

Miss Jewels

Thanks so much~~

Hi all,

we received some good feedback, and the one action we will take is to revisit the display of amounts on personal offers. Although personal offers are generally low in volume, we do see this as a possible disadvantage where other buyers could back out of sales and we will address this by not displaying the bid-amount for Personal Offers.

lilythepink

@Mac - I suppose we (sellers who are against this implementation) are rather like COSATU with their march today? Perhaps COSATU will have better luck with their objections to toll roads and labour brokers than we are having with you/BoB? :notrust:

Those of us who don't like this new rating implementation know there is bee all we can do about it. But your plans not to provide personal offer information is a concession I welcome. thank you.

Little Miss Muffet

MsPlod is right it has always been available.

I think it just lokks too exposed on the ratings.

Macmuffin wins.

I think my problem at the moment is that I need a challenge and am a little bored with the Bob routine.

I have always been like that ,always needing a new challenge.

Well I am off for a break at home with a wedding coming up.

Deleting all my listings so that I can spend some time with family and not look at the rating page for a while.:smile:

oaks and acorns

geewhizz, take care sweetie. Something really good is gonna make you smile :)

Miss Jewels

I believe that the BoB team do read our comments and discuss it amongst themselves, hence the fact that they are willing to investigate the personal offer information. Thanks guys! :bigsmile:

As to the rest, I think we're going to have to live with it, even though I agree it is more exposed that in the past.

@Mac - :notrust:

Those of us who don't like this new rating implementation know there is bee all we can do about it. But your plans not to provide personal offer information is a concession I welcome. thank you.

Guest MacMuffin

If you have not noticed the change yet - Personal Offers are now handled differently:

• Site Admins will be able to see personal offer amounts on User Reviews
  • Either the seller or buyer of the Personal Offer will see the offer amount for that item on User Reviews
  • The Link to the Personal Offer on User Reviews is only active if the logged on user is (a) Site Admin, (b) Buyer or © Seller

JacoJ

Just to make it clear to everyone:

If you are not a party to the transaction, you are only able to see the item description but not be able to see the item price or go to the item page. So hopefully this addresses everyones' concerns regarding publicly displaying Personal offer amounts.

We as bidorbuy admins will be the only people able to see everything.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Be AFRAID,be very AFRAID:twisted:

lilythepink

Thanks for this info, Jaco. I will rest easier now.

Miss Jewels

Magic! Thanks to all involved with making this decision. Much appreciated :noworry:

If you are not a party to the transaction, you are only able to see the item description but not be able to see the item price or go to the item page. So hopefully this addresses everyones' concerns regarding publicly displaying Personal offer amounts.

Miss Jewels

I luv this.....you've always been able so see everything...you're like the Cape's Son....die son sien alles....:bigsmile:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/img] Originally Posted by JacoJ viewpost-right.png

TAMP CENTRE;134395]Be AFRAID,be very AFRAID:twisted:

Miss Jewels

Ummmm.....JacoJ....personal offers suddenly have amounts next to them.....:unsure:Is this the gremlins at BoB again:nuts:

Magic! Thanks to all involved with making this decision. Much appreciated :noworry:

Miss Jewels

ok....did a refresh....now it's gone!:shock:Gremlin must be here too....it's Friday!:embarrest:

Ummmm.....JacoJ....personal offers suddenly have amounts next to them.....:unsure:Is this the gremlins at BoB again:nuts:

oaks and acorns
I am not sure why everyone is complaining - right now you will be able to see under "Items Recently Sold" what a specific seller has sold. The same applies to "Recently Bought & Won".

We see a number of benefits:

- Buyers will be able to judge a sellers ratings not just by the number of items sold, but the purchase price. In many cases, negative comments are around product quality, and then having a price displayed will put this in context.

- There is the upsell opportunity (i.e. buyer views the ratings, sees an item at a good price and pursues the purchase)

We do believe that sharing the item price (which should not be confused with disclosing your turnover) will aid users to make informed decisions.

I've been checking out some sales pages and couldn't help wondering, is there any reason why a total order value couldn't be included in the ratings as well? Seems like there'd be enough space between the item description and the individual item price to include another column. This would give buyers a sense also of the seller's average amount per order (and how much they have been trusted with and have successfully supplied), especially for those who offer small items that are ordered in quantities.

Edit:

(not on every item as that would be very confusing and would inflate perception, but perhaps if the total order value could attach to just one item per order, not sure if such a thing is possible)

Anuther edit:

In a separate column, of course.

Edited by oaks and acorns