Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

New ratings format?

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Has anyone else noticed the new manner in ratings are shown-since early afternoon already and no one else has mentioned it-shows nobody pays much attention to the ratings??

neil

alloway65    10
alloway65
Has anyone else noticed the new manner in ratings are shown-since early afternoon already and no one else has mentioned it-shows nobody pays much attention to the ratings??

neil

Just did now....very good!!!!!

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns
Just did now....very good!!!!!

Why do you say that, i.e. what are the benefits of having the item's sold-for price listed with the rating?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Why do you say that, i.e. what are the benefits of having the item's sold-for price listed with the rating?

Likewise I dont really see the point of showing the item price next to the rating. Maybe bob would like to share what the logics are behind this "innovation"!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I dont like it.

voldermort    10
voldermort

So we can see the price sold & the date rated......but what about the item sold?

Seems a bit ridiculous, a quick glance through my ratings shows that I sold Bruce Willis, Richard Jon Smith, The Victoria Falls Hotel and even Mozambique amongst others..........well, well, well apparently I owned them all (not sure why I let Bruce Willis slip away though)

Seriously though - why no mention of what the item sold was?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I don't like this new format at all, like other seller's, I don't see the point of the selling price being included.

It also just looks cluttered.

LuckySilver    10
LuckySilver

I actually really like the new format! I think BidorBuy does a really excellent job in tweaking the website here and there, testing this and that, to keep it fresh - afterall if everything was forever kept the same, the whole site would definitely go stale.

Love being surprised by (most of) BOB's evolutions ;-)

oaks and acorns    10
oaks and acorns

Other than not seeing the benefits of the new ratings format, I'm not comfortable with it ... at a glance, seems too much like having to produce your sales slip at the door while someone scratches through your bag of purchases.

wayjen    10
wayjen

We have ratings?

Went to look now after seeing the thread. What purpose does it serve?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I don't like the idea of the total received for an item with the rating!:sick:

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

:notrust:

Other than not seeing the benefits of the new ratings format, I'm not comfortable with it ... at a glance, seems too much like having to produce your sales slip at the door while someone scratches through your bag of purchases.

This is exactly the way I feel.

Even though the price our listings sell for is not private this invades our privacy.

In order to see what an item sold for the listing must be opened.

This at a glance reads like my private sales page.We may as well give the public our Bidorbuy password.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I don't like it either. It's got absolutely nothing to do with everyone and his friend what a person has paid for my item (or what I have paid when buying from someone else). Those who really want to know can go to the listing.

This is a blatant invasion of my (and I guess everyone else's) privacy. Surely we deserve to be heard before things are made public about our business dealings? I am not amused!

LuckySilver    10
LuckySilver
I don't like it either. It's got absolutely nothing to do with everyone and his friend what a person has paid for my item (or what I have paid when buying from someone else). Those who really want to know can go to the listing.

This is a blatant invasion of my (and I guess everyone else's) privacy. Surely we deserve to be heard before things are made public about our business dealings? I am not amused!

I do humbly feel that the info is out there anyways - which I too would prefer not at all - but since it is anways I dont think it matters that the price is next to our rating. On the positive side, I think those selling cheap items - which is most BidorBuy sellers - and still receiving good ratings will easier assist buyers in making a decision that they are not going to get a "bargain-too-good-to-be-true" but a true bargain ;-)

Edited by LuckySilver

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Nothing will convince me that this is a good business practice! It's just not on.

dstorm    10
dstorm

I love it....

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I fully agree on this! I'm really not impressed either. I may just as well make my bank statement public:disgusted:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

The information was there (all along) in any case, although a bit more discreet..

I am proud of the prices that my item achieve(d).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

JacoJ    10
JacoJ

The reason why the change was introduced, is to help buyers look at the rating and get a sense of the value of items for which the seller has received ratings. Many buyers buy from sellers where the ratings appear good (on face value), as the sellers have sold numerous low value items in order to build up ratings quickly. Questionable sellers then use these ratings to sell high value items with the purpose to defraud potential buyers.

By introducing the item prices next to the items and ratings, we believe that this will aid in helping buyers make better decisions when reviewing seller feedback during the decision making process.

All the information displayed is available in any way so there should be no reason why sellers feel as if their privacy is being invaded. All information is but a click away. Everything is done with a view of making bidorbuy a safer trading community and making online purchasing decisions easier and safer.

In the end if buyers feel safer they will be much more likely to transact safely on the platform, benefiting sellers like yourselves.

We might look at small layout changes to reduce clutter, but the additional info is necessary from a buying point of view.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
The reason why the change was introduced, is to help buyers look at the rating and get a sense of the value of items for which the seller has received ratings. Many buyers buy from sellers where the ratings appear good (on face value), as the sellers have sold numerous low value items in order to build up ratings quickly. Questionable sellers then use these ratings to sell high value items with the purpose to defraud potential buyers.

By introducing the item prices next to the items and ratings, we believe that this will aid in helping buyers make better decisions when reviewing seller feedback during the decision making process.

All the information displayed is available in any way so there should be no reason why sellers feel as if their privacy is being invaded. All information is but a click away. Everything is done with a view of making bidorbuy a safer trading community and making online purchasing decisions easier and safer.

In the end if buyers feel safer they will be much more likely to transact safely on the platform, benefiting sellers like yourselves.

We might look at small layout changes to reduce clutter, but the additional info is necessary from a buying point of view.

This explanation is ridiculous. New buyers without experiance will make the same mistakes.

Experianced buyers can check this anyway and will do so.

Neux    10
Neux

Please consider keeping personal offer sales price discreet for obvious reasons. I don't see why personal offer sales price needs to be made public

I personally am not in favor of any of this.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Hello all

The information was there (all along) in any case, although a bit more discreet..

I am proud of the prices that my item achieve(d).

Keep well and regards

Jacques

It took me a minute to add that up

R14,325 sold on 1st March by dstorm

Congratulations!!!!

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

Great move. No-one should be distracted from bidding because of this new function.

Far worse than this is the continued abuse of the "discreet" function. I never bid amongst

discreet bids after being burned before.

Edited by Jongleur
spelling

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Most new Buyers (and more than a few "Oldies But Goodies") suffer from 'Eye Candy Disease'. Shoot-a-bug, they don't bother to read the Item Title much less the Item Description and / or Shipping and Payment section before bidding and this 'new and improved' rating system is going to help them...how?

Yes, the info may have been available 'all along' (just a click away), but jeeze-petes, there isn't even a picture of the item that sold. That is helpful....how? I am not 'holding my breath' that a Buyer, who can't 'get beyond' the thumbnail before bidding is going to have a 'gray matter infusion' and click on the w-o-r-d-s (for example): Solar Fairy to see what the item actually looked like that sold for R485.00.

JMHO

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

zerohour    10
zerohour

I find it interesting to see how many people have pages and pages of ratings from small cash amounts..is that whats bothering some ?