Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Digitrade

Personal Offers and Outstanding Orders.

4 posts in this topic

I would like Bidorbuy to seriously look into this suggestion. This has been asked in the suggestion box previously on two occassions, without any answer, therefor this post in this category.

I have buyers who buy items on crazy auctions. As a result of me having extra stock, I will give buyers the option of a personal offer. They accept this personal offer, and as a result this becomes a seperate order. This order is not automatically combined with the outstanding auction order.

The buyer now has to complete the personal offer, and then they do not pay a combined postage fee, but pay the FULL postage fee again, as the system gives them seperate orders. I had to refund 5 buyers this month alone, as I combined their orders into one parcel.

If this is not possible to implement, I would suggest something else:

Is there any way that a message can be sent to the buyer to whom I make the personal offer?

Something in the line of: " If you accept this personal offer, you can combine this with order 1234567. Just change the shipping amount manually to R5,00."

I use the BoB email service and send the buyer an email directly when asking him to complete his order.

I use the BoB email service and send the buyer an email directly when asking him to complete his order.

I hear what you are saying, but this is not always possible when you sell 100 items or more per auction.

You do not even know most of the times that this buyer has already bought something from you minutes before you make the personal offer.

Surely if it is possible for the system to warn you that a certain buyer is "currently winning/losing another auction", prior to the buyer completing the order, the system should be able to combine personal offers with outstanding orders from buyers?

Hey Digi, I have a shipping method called: Combination fee (Only use this if adding to a current order). Works like a charm ;)

Hey Digi, I have a shipping method called: Combination fee (Only use this if adding to a current order). Works like a charm ;)

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Thank you for the tip. I have done that already. Never even thought of it!