Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Virgotec

Hacking of BOB account.

15 posts in this topic

Hi All

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to hack into someone's BOB account.

I find this rather strange. On the 9th & 10th of January I was in Witbank fixing this user's PC.

All ratings received by Free Me on bidorbuy.co.za

Her internet & network was not working. Once I got her internet up and running again, there was a constant flow of e-mails from BOB stating that she had been outbid and that her bid had automatically been increased. Since she was in Cape Town until Friday 6 January and only came into the office on Monday morning 9 January, and she said she did not place those bids and she couldn't even remember her BOB password, I gave her BOB's telephone number and told her to phone them, which she did, there and then, in front of me.

Just out of curiosity, I searched her username tonight and see she has 2 negative ratings for the items that she was supposed to have bid on in January.

Please can someone check this out and if possible PM me the IP address from which these bids were placed.:hm::suspicious:

Edited by Virgotec
spelling

Hi Virgotec,

Not one bidorbuy account has ever been hacked, details were only given away in phishing emails. The user's bids were deleted as she claimed to be in hospital at the time of the bids being placed.

Hi Admin

I don't know when the bids were placed, but I do know she did not place them. She was in hospital sometime around that time, just not 100% sure when. What I don't understand is how come she got the negatives if the bids were deleted.

By the way, she is my sister and she has been through a very tough time lately and if she sees these negatives she is going to blow a gasket! She already blew a gasket when I showed her the 2 neutrals on her profile, which in fact are totally not fair since the seller could not deliver.

Anyway, what do you suggest she do about this?

PS. Just checked with her, she was in hospital from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

Edited by Virgotec

Hi Virgotec,

Please ask her to send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or phone 0861 88 0861 tomorrow and ask to speak to Bertus or Bennet to get this sorted.

Hope she is feeling better.

Dankie Andries.

Ek sal so maak.

Lekker slaap..............:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Plesier is myne :nuts:

Alweer daai woord slaap, wat is dit... :confused:

Edited by admin

I think Admin survives on red bull.....it gives you wings....

Plesier is myne :nuts:

Alweer daai woord slaap, wat is dit... :confused:

He sleeps with his eyes open.

There is that word again :confused:

gooooo back toooo sleeep yoooou are dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible to hack into someone's BOB account.

I find this rather strange. On the 9th & 10th of January I was in Witbank fixing this user's PC.

All ratings received by Free Me on bidorbuy.co.za

Her internet & network was not working. Once I got her internet up and running again, there was a constant flow of e-mails from BOB stating that she had been outbid and that her bid had automatically been increased. Since she was in Cape Town until Friday 6 January and only came into the office on Monday morning 9 January, and she said she did not place those bids and she couldn't even remember her BOB password, I gave her BOB's telephone number and told her to phone them, which she did, there and then, in front of me.

Just out of curiosity, I searched her username tonight and see she has 2 negative ratings for the items that she was supposed to have bid on in January.

Please can someone check this out and if possible PM me the IP address from which these bids were placed.:hm::suspicious:

Hi Virgotec, The same happened to Hildat a few weeks back.

I am sure the salary compensates for the lack of sleep:rolleyes:

There is that word again :confused:

Sleep; a verb, a doing word.

I am sure the salary compensates for the lack of sleep:rolleyes:

Sounding more like a touch of depression than work-related. Suggest avoiding drugs, chemicals and stimulants and talk to someone you feel comfortable with.

Well now I'm even more confused.

A positive rating for something that was never bid on, bids were deleted (according to Admin), and if i'm not mistaken a seller will only rate a buyer positive if an item is paid for. User Free Me has never paid for this item, so who did?

I have told her to send an email to BOB to sort this out. It's very weird.

Well now I'm even more confused.

A positive rating for something that was never bid on, bids were deleted (according to Admin), and if i'm not mistaken a seller will only rate a buyer positive if an item is paid for. User Free Me has never paid for this item, so who did?

I have told her to send an email to BOB to sort this out. It's very weird.

Looks like a couple of accounts got mixed up,with some type of glitch.

I'd love to hear from Cuan or Mac as to what actually transpired here. Have investigations come to any conclusion?