Sign in to follow this  
BestBuyOnline

Seller wants to back out of auction

mrmouse

Sorry I went from page one to page 5 did I miss anything?Has the item been posted yet , you do know Speed Services collects and delivers on a Saturday , and are part of one of the biggest couriers in the world not just SA , I ahave had an account with them for 18 years and have never lost an item yet , R25000. loss in a year , should have been insured >

Miss Jewels

No mrmouse. As we all expected, unfortunatley, the product was not posted by the seller nor has he responded on the forum again. Such a pity!

I'm sure however, that Ronel is smiling right now. Her new parcel will be delivered to her on Wednesday afternoon latest. Knowing Speed Services, however, she should have it on Tuesday afternoon.

wayjen

I am with vortechz on this one. It is very disappointing to say the least that nothing seems to be happening with regards this very bad experience that Ronel is going through. I have seen enough "forum friends" come and go and go for good because of their work ethic and I hope this is not going to happen here. Sipho we can all see the ratings mounting up against you and it reflects bad on you and SProducts as a business should you get another one from Ronel as she is in her rights to issue you one. I also wonder if any of these postage stories are true or just a ruse to hide some other problem?

Please Sipho before it's too late, sort this issue out and maybe this is a good time as any to rethink your business plan with regards the stocks and couriers services you offer. Don't let your problems snowball and get out of control like other sellers on BoB, as it ended very bad for them.

BestBuyOnline
No mrmouse. As we all expected, unfortunatley, the product was not posted by the seller nor has he responded on the forum again. Such a pity!

I'm sure however, that Ronel is smiling right now. Her new parcel will be delivered to her on Wednesday afternoon latest. Knowing Speed Services, however, she should have it on Tuesday afternoon.

Jip Jip. Thank you Miss Jewels. Doing the happy dance!! :laugh:

BestBuyOnline
Sorry I went from page one to page 5 did I miss anything?Has the item been posted yet , you do know Speed Services collects and delivers on a Saturday , and are part of one of the biggest couriers in the world not just SA , I ahave had an account with them for 18 years and have never lost an item yet , R25000. loss in a year , should have been insured >

Unfortunately not mrmouse. Luckily, Miss Jewels came to the rescue with a very generous offer and at least the birthday gift will be delivered in time. Now to see what Sipho plans to do from his side. :hm:

Miss Jewels

Ronel's parcel will be posted from me tomorrow (as our PO is open on a Sunday) and she will receive it on Tuesday 7/3, in time for the B-Day. I certainly hope Sipho reads this so that he really understands what customer service is about.

wayjen

3 cheers for Miss Jewels.

oaks and acorns

Bravo, Miss Jewels! Happy customer, happy birthday person, happy forum. Who could ask for more :)

lilythepink

Well done on rising to the occasion again, Miss Jewels. You are an absolute treasure (and a darling).

Little Miss Muffet

Yah!! and amen

JohnBenn

Gee whiz those dolls are scary:sowsuser: and clowns :) (joke)

Glad everything worked out,guess one should be careful what you bid on....I will be, after this.

wayjen

..and unless we hear otherwise, we must be careful who we bid from.

mrmouse

I do hope you get youre money back as quickly as you paid , and an appology ,we are all human after all , mistakes do happen , things dont allways work out as planned , goods are not allways available at a certain price , not everyone can carry a loss no matter how small it is , be a man S stand tall admit you made a blunder and lets move on to another juicy story .

Miss Jewels

:cheesy:

Miss Jewels

:cheesy:Thank you Lily

Well done on rising to the occasion again, Miss Jewels. You are an absolute treasure (and a darling).

Miss Jewels

Amen to that Wayne

..and unless we hear otherwise, we must be careful who we bid from.

Not1CentMore

Not putting my 2-cents into the 'hoopla', as I only 'know' what I have read, except to say one or two thing(s):

** I will bend over backwards for my Buyers **

I shipped a parcel the 28th via FedEx (special request as it was 'time sensitive') and an 'unthinkable' happened: a lady, driving a mini-van, "drove onto the Interstate going the wrong way and struck a FedEx truck head on. The FedEx truck crossed over Interstate 40 and then hit an 18-wheeler head on... on the 29th, less than 25-miles outside Jackson.

hcwreck3.jpg.9df61e8a815a3465985409190dbd8081.jpg

I was immediately on the phone to inquire if the parcel shipped the previous day was on that truck. The only 'information' I could get was, 'the parcel departed Jackson, TN the 29th'; not if it was / was not on that particular truck. (No one I talked to seemed to know 'which way was up'.)

Taking no chances, I packaged another and deposited it with UPS. (It will take some time to 'sort out' what was / was not on the FedEx truck and even longer to file a claim for loss....my problem, not my Buyer's.) IF the parcel was NOT on that particular truck...well, my Buyer gets TWO. Either way, one or two parcels will be delivered to my Buyer by the end of next week...with time to spare.

And...

Knowing we were expecting the possibility of rain/straight-line lightning/hail/damaging winds/tornados, all items offered on Crazy Wednesday / Snap Friday and all items closing this upcoming week that are in stock went to the storm shelter Tuesday so that there would be no delay in posting items that closed / will close with a winning bid.

My G'ma always said: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

I would hope that both parties to this particular transaction can have a 'meeting of the minds'... each giving a little and each taking a little... and it can be resolved satisfactorily for both... even if it means each has to, as they say here, 'eat a little crow'; from posting the parcel (even now) to accepting that it may be a day or two late (even if it had been posted the day after the auction closed) given the delays that can, at any time, occur in transit - courier or Post Office. (Shoot-a-bug, how many of us have not received a 'belated' gift? My Mama sent a birthday gift a month late. She 'thought' it was August and not September.)

Ruthie

58f5a72ef1bd0_hcwreck2.jpg.a33234413dfb0dbea75af7bea67e5b1f.jpg

Edited by Not1CentMore

SProducts

Due to my problem mentioned earlier I couldn't get to the forum and that is why I couldn't reply to the posts. Only managed to get to the forum at 1am and was way to groggy to read or respond. A lot has been said and has also happened. I don't think I need to say anything more.

Jacques Kuun

Yes you are right. You do not have to say anything more.....

Yet, there is a lot to be done....

What about self respect?

MsPlod

While I do agree that sellers should make customers a priority, I am rather disappointed at the way in which some forum members have climbed onto this topic. Not impressed.

Sipho - hope that the move goes well and that things come right soon.

BestBuyOnline
While I do agree that sellers should make customers a priority, I am rather disappointed at the way in which some forum members have climbed onto this topic. Not impressed.

I have to say, when I decided to come to the forum members for help, this is what I was expecting. I knew that Sipho was a regular on the forum and I knew that some of the forum members viewed him as a friend.

So I actually was a bit worried that all would say, no worries, he is trying his best, why not just do as he says and wait or take your refund.

Instead, I have watched the forum members rally together and try and convince Sipho to do the right thing by putting in a bit of effort to get the parcel delivered. I have also experienced how a forum member has stepped forward with a very generous offer in order to offer a solution to the problem - thank you once again Miss Jewels.

So in short, I am VERY MUCH IMPRESSED by the reaction of the forum members - surely to pat Sipho on the back and say "Good luck Sipho, hope all goes well" is not going to convince him to tend to his customers with more care in the future.

wayjen

Many sellers on BoB have contacted BoB to make a note on their account when they are unavailable to trade so why was Sipho unable to do that?

How many times have we found BoB emails or Sellers emails in our spam boxes and there is a chance that an autoresponse could end up in the same box too so spam boxes need to be checked regularly.

Whilst Sipho did mention the move in a few lines in the emails and how he was not on a pc and or laptop, the conversation went later to problems with couriers etc.

Mad about Jack

As a seller and a buyer on Bob I feel that BestBuyOnline has been very civil about the transaction, if I had to go through all this just to get my parcel posted as a buyer I would've blown a head gasket by now.

There is a saying "there is no friends in business".

No SProducts, I have not bought from you, so I can not comment on your services, but the fact that there is a seven page thread about this sale, is enough said.

This is not a personal attack, SProducts just my 2 cents worth.

Little Miss Muffet

I think this has been an interesting and civil thread where we all wanted a happy ending.

As I said before if I was moving I would make sure that listings that have bids on them or are sold are easily accessible in order to post them to the buyer.