Sign in to follow this  
BestBuyOnline

Seller wants to back out of auction

wayjen

it would be interesting to hear if anything constructive happened today.

BestBuyOnline

I am having confidence that Sipho was convinced to attend to shipping of my item. Still no word from him, either with a tr no or otherwise. But living in hope . . .

Little Miss Muffet
I am having confidence that Sipho was convinced to attend to shipping of my item. Still no word from him, either with a tr no or otherwise. But living in hope . . .

If this pans out in your favour we consider nothing but a positive rating for Sipho otherwise our loyalties will swing in his favour.

BestBuyOnline

Haha of course and a HUGE gold star for each and every one on the forum who have assisted me herein.

It would be a huge disappointment after what transpired here today, if the parcel does not get delivered in time, as I have witnessed how a group of people, who does not know me from Adam, take time from their own busy schedules and rally together, trying to be of assistance as best they could. This is good to see in a world where it sometimes seem as though it is every one for himself.

Thank you once again, it is really appreciated.

wayjen

I was hoping for some drama, I even made popcorn.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Must definitely be caramel popcorn!!!

Next post on this thread i would like to see is a tracking number from Sipho.

neil

wayjen
Must definitely be caramel popcorn!!!

Next post on this thread i would like to see is a tracking number from Sipho.

neil

jeez I had a packet of Diddle Daddles on thursday and there was a piece of caramel in the packet as thick as my thumb and as long as my middle finger, it was divine.

Yeah Sipho, how about a tracking number there bud?

MiemsJewels

Drama like in "Days of our lives, and "The bold & beautiful. Gr8 stuff man, Gr8!:rolleyes:

wayjen

I would have said more like the movie "the postman always rings twice" but not in this case, but in this case it's more like the movie "hey dude, where's my PC Tablet'.

SProducts

No I was never at the post office or anywhere except some progressive complication on my part.

I wish I could explain certain things thoroughly but I cant, as Geewhizz said I write a long explanation instead of sending a parcel which is not that simple like its put. On the order details it's Jacob and I assumed Ronel was a second name, pardon my stupidity for the he or she question.

I am in a situation which when I explain everybody finds it foreign and I don't blame no one because they've never experienced it.

If I get a written acknowledgement from Ronel that I send the item speed services and whatever happens they won't hold me responsible, I will gladly send the parcel. I know what I've been through and no one else knows it, it's just more of it's simple, blah, blah, blah. I've lost a lot money refunding and replacing buyers and I can't get through that. I have to be sure I am safe before I use a method I don't trust.

I will go say Monday, put in the parcel in bag, let them send it through and whatever happens after that I won't be responsible. Then believe me I will be happy. If a product is lost, a buyer doesn't care if it was insured or not and they want their product and I have to take the loss or negative rating.

I have lost not less than R25,000.00 last year due to postal losses, Jorbug Intermational, Witspos (the main culprit) Speed Services and SADC countries. Which is why I stopped sending to Namibia, Swaziland, etc.

Sipho

SProducts

Belive me, these days DRAMA is my middle name!

Edited by SProducts

BestBuyOnline

If I get a written acknowledgement from Ronel that I send the item speed services and whatever happens they won't hold me responsible, I will gladly send the parcel. Sipho

Ai Sipho, this really is starting to get extremely ridiculous. It seems to me that you are trying your best to make this impossible, rather than doing what you can to ensure delivery.

OK, here you are - You can send the parcel Speedservices, but first, take a picture of the item with the completed waybill. Then after posting, take a picture of the waybill reflecting the post office stamp and tr no, as well as the delivery address. Email me these pictures. If the ENTIRE parcel then gets lost by some miracle (I have rarely lost any parcels through Speedservices), I will not hold you responsible.

However - and I am sure this is not unreasonable, given all of the excuses today - should the parcel pitch up and contain anything other than what is expected, I am going to expect you to explain and will most definitely hold you responsible.

Fair enough?

Miss Jewels

Oh my hat~ In 3 years, I've lost 1 economy parcel (still in transit) and one speed service parcel (witspos). I cannot believe Sipho just doesn't go to the PO and post the parcel! How difficult is that? No attempt has even been made over the last 24 hours to make a plan. Ag nee man~~

BestBuyOnline
Oh my hat~ In 3 years, I've lost 1 economy parcel (still in transit) and one speed service parcel (witspos). I cannot believe Sipho just doesn't go to the PO and post the parcel! How difficult is that? No attempt has even been made over the last 24 hours to make a plan. Ag nee man~~

Methinks he does not have it . . .

ATOMICSQUIRREL

It annoys the crap out of me...Ronel won the auction and paid for it....what is the problem,what is all this crap now!?

There shouldn't even be a thread for this....5 page of if's and maybe's.

Sipho this is not how we do business on BOB!

This guy is stretching it as far as he can with you Ronel, it is pretty obvious now that he prob doesn't even have the item he auctioned.

I would suggest you ask for a refund, rate him and forget about him.

This BS is not worth the money.:mad:

BestBuyOnline

Thanks Vortechz, point taken. However, if I take the refund, he gets off far too easy, as this is what he wanted in the first place.

Point is, I won the auction at a very good price and I feel that, should he not be able to deliver, he should then admit it and offer to pay for a replacement. And quickly, because I need it delivered by 7 March 2012. There is still enough time to buy it from another Seller who can actually deliver what he promises.

BUT, if I have to buy it from another Seller and pay more, I am not in the same position as I would have been, had he delivered. Yet he is in exactly the same position, no harm no foul - for him - laughing all the way because he got what he wanted?

Sorry, but this is not how it works in my books.

Little Miss Muffet

We want Yah!! And amen to this thread.:colbert:

voldermort

Sipho seriously, go and post this item via Speed Services. Even if posting it Monday, your buyer will still have it on Tuesday. As sellers on BoB we are supposed to try & satisfy our buyers, not make them beg for what is rightfully theirs - and seeing as they have paid you already - you are holding back on posting their item.

The chances of the item getting lost/damaged/falling off a truck etc are very, very slim - and if it does happen, you will have proof that you posted it with the waybill & photos of item.

Incidentally the buyer should not be left hanging if FastWay (whatever their name is) is not operating correctly - you should then have straight away taken the item to the Post Office & sent it via Speed Services - you could then, once item was already in transit, have explained to your buyer what happened with your regular courier - the onus is/was on you to see that your customer received their goods.

If on the other hand, you do not have this item in stock, or there is something faulty with it, it is perhaps best to explain this to your buyer as the way it is right now - it simply appears when reading through this thread that you do not want to post the item at all - not at all good for your reputation as a seller.

Miss Jewels

I'll even go as far as the following: I have a similar item in stock and will be prepared to help out Ronel on this one (BUT SIPHO PAYS FOR IT!!!!) even if it means selling it at slightly below my cost at the same price Ronel paid for it - and she'll have it Tuesday afternoon!. Yes Sipho, I do know what the cost is, but to me, I'll rather loose out on a few rand than loose out on a potential/existing customer. Sorry, but I will not buy from you having read all these comments, because I do not think you know what customer service is. Read my slogon at the bottom of my auctions : Dedicated to customer satisfaction.

I understand your point Ronel, but this guy is just not going to deliver! He is going to stretch this out and you will not receive your item on time.

If he really wanted to uphold his side of the sale, you would have had your tracking number by now.

Sorry Sipho, you get 0/10 from me on this.

Edited by Miss Jewels
spelling

ATOMICSQUIRREL

I get what you are saying Ronel and it is your right to stand firm, but this guy is not phased about doing the RIGHT thing or getting a bad rating.

To him saving a 100 bucks is obviously worth more than his name/reputation.

That might be true as well becoz i would never buy anything from him and i am sure anybody who reads this thread will avoid buying from him in the future as well.

ATOMICSQUIRREL
I'll even go as far as the following: I have a similar item in stock and will be prepared to help out Ronel on this one (BUT SIPHO PAYS FOR IT!!!!) even if it means selling it at slightly below my cost at the same price Ronel paid for it - and she'll have it Tuesday afternoon!. Yes Sipho, I do know what the cost is, but to me, I'll rather loose out on a few rand than loose out on a potential/existing customer. Sorry, but I will not buy from you having read all these comments, because I do not think you know what customer service is. Read my slogon at the bottom of my auctions : Dedicated to customer satisfaction.

I understand your point Ronel, but this guy is just not going to deliver! He is going to stretch this out and you will not receive your item on time.

If he really wanted to uphold his side of the sale, you would have had your tracking number by now.

Sorry Sipho, you can 0/10 from me on this.

Wow Jewels, Mrs in shining armor!!! There is always a "jewel" at the end of the tunnel!

1 zillion smiley votes for you!!!!:laugh:

BestBuyOnline

Sorry Sipho, you can 0/10 from me on this.

Thank you so much Miss Jewels, but I cannot expect you to take a loss for Sipho's mistake. I would like to buy the item from you, but at a price that would not put you in the red.

Please PM me with a link so I can complete the order asap. I will pay you for it and then sort it out with Sipho. It surely is not necessary that even more people are inconvenienced by his actions.

Your kind assistance is very much appreciated. :love:

ATOMICSQUIRREL

A True lady that jewels isn't she!

I love you guys....snifff

BestBuyOnline
I get what you are saying Ronel and it is your right to stand firm, but this guy is not phased about doing the RIGHT thing or getting a bad rating.

To him saving a 100 bucks is obviously worth more than his name/reputation.

That might be true as well becoz i would never buy anything from him and i am sure anybody who reads this thread will avoid buying from him in the future as well.

Thank you Vortechz, but this is not what I was trying to achieve. Everybody makes mistakes. But it is much better to admit it, learn from it and move on.

Hopefully Sipho will learn something from this experience and deliver better customer service in the future.

Little Miss Muffet

Self praise is no recommendation but customer satisfaction is important to me.

I recently sold a half doll that had been on Bob for months.

The arms were seperated from the doll.I did not mention this on the listing as I intended to have it restrung if it sold.

After a big upheavel in October when my son got married the arms were misplaced.

The buyer was very understanding and was prepared to accept something else in place of the one he bought.Neverthless, I could not supply an equivalent and was determined to find the arms.It took me 4 days to search through every box,draw,cubboard etc. In the process my life was sorted out too (Tidying up). I could not find the arms but they had to be somewhere.

At midnight one evening I decided to look in a cubboard that I had looked in 4 times and pulled everything out and there were the arms inbetween some personal photo albums.

The doll was sent off speed post which the buyer had not paid for.

The doll sold for far less than its value as well but what one looses on one transaction one will gain on another.