Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

NEED 5V Power Adapter

RAG Auctioneers

Hey.

We are desperately looking for a 5V power adapter.

The amperage must be 2000mA (2A) or over.

It can even be from any old appliance or electronic device.

Thanks!

RAG.

lilythepink

Look for a CPU power supply - MrAerospace seems to think you may find what you are looking for!

Virgotec

Hi Richard

What is it for?

I have a few adapters that don't have devices to plug into.

Regards

RAG Auctioneers

Hi Virgotec,

As long as it is Output 5V and 2A or more (2000mA or more)

It does not matter what device it use to power because I will be cutting the wire and putting my own pin on.

I am going to use it to power an IP Camera (surveillance camera).

Thanks for checking :-)

Richard.

Virgotec

Hi Richard

Just as a matter of interest.

Most Nokia cellphone chargers are 5V, so if you have one laying around, it might just work.

If you don't have and you think it will work, make me an offer and I will list one for you.

I have loads of secondhand ones here.

Regards

mrmouse

2amp at 5v is unusual , I know some hd video cameras use that config for the charger, or an ellies 2a usb adaptor .

mrmouse

also most generic laptop chrgers have a 2a 5v usb output built in and can run off 12v or 220v , just check a lot of high current cameras use ac only some both ac and dc if its for personal use by a decent charger not the R100. rand ones may not be too stable and cause interference.

kyle2

I might be able to help you, I repair all sorts of electronic psu's, Electronic sewing machines, irrigation controllers etc. and may have one lying around, will check this evening. Send me a PM. Is it AC or DC and does it have to be regulated?

digital warehouse

I can supply you with a regulated power supply .

It can be adjusted from 0 to 24VDC, with a max. current of 2A. We can also build one for 5A

The supply does not come in a housing, but you will be able to fit it into any suitable enclosure, if you want to use it outside, and then just run the power leads to the camera.

I can supply it with a transfomer (220VAC to 24VAC) or without (Cheaper).

If you dont want a transformer, you can then even connect another DC supply (like a battery) to the input, as long as the supply is at lease 2V higher than the required output. I.E in this mode to get a 5V output, an input of 7V or more would be required