Sign in to follow this  
BestBuyOnline

Afrikaans e-books

BestBuyOnline

Hi all

I am desperately looking for a collection of Afrikaans e-books. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ronel

oaks and acorns
Hi all

I am desperately looking for a collection of Afrikaans e-books. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ronel

There's definitely a gap in the market for this one... spent the whole of last night searching. Amazon.com and kalahari.net have some, and a maybe a handful of Afrikaans authors. And a couple of publishing companies. But other than that, very little out there for Afrikaans readers (other than religious material).

Were there any particular topics/genre you were after, Ronel?

Regards,

Liz

Edited by oaks and acorns

BestBuyOnline

Hi Liz

Thank you so much for replying. I also did an extensive search, with no success. :cry:

Bought my mom a Kindle and she loves Afrikaans novels, now I am unable to find more than a few titles. Would have loved to pre-load the kindle with hundreds of books before giving it to her.

Kind regards

Ronel

oaks and acorns

One search generated 273 Afrikaans Kindle ebooks, have pm'd the link to you (might dent the budget somewhat, but they're there).

Also, there is a seemingly natty lil' prog that you can download free of charge that apparently converts any ebook to the Kindle format... calibre - E-book management

(reference to this, and other interesting info, found at Hard Spear: Bridging the Kindle Digital Divide in South Africa – My third Afrikaans Post)

Hope this helps!

oaks and acorns

And for English readers (or should your mom want to give them a go) a good number of royalty free classics as well as stories donated by authors, found here

BestBuyOnline

Hi Liz

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards

Ronel